TW: Goodbye Sweet Unknown Cat

Old August 29th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_3_]

Default TW: Goodbye Sweet Unknown Cat

You visited my back porch a few times, you looked well fed, your sleek
black coat was shiny, so I thought you might haved belonged to someone here
in the trailer park. I only saw you a few times, but when you came up to
the screen to say hello, I had asked "who's kitty are you'? and you answered
me back and left. I'd seen you go underneath the trailer skirting when it
got hot, but when I tried to approach you, you just ran off into the hedges,
back to your family, I assumed. I hadn't seen you for awhile. Then the man
from Puget Power came to seal some leaks underneath, he found you and you
had gone to The Bridge, about a month ago. We got your poor body out from
underneath and called the folks to take you away. We didn't let you in the
house because our kitties hissed at you when you visited outside and they
have to stay indoors. I don't know who you were, if you even had a home or
what had happened to you, but, sweet kitty,
it was nice to have briefly met you.
I'll always remember you, with fondness.
Kyla

Old August 29th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:23:32 -0700, "Kyla =^..^="
wrote:

[...]

Poor, poor kitty, dying all alone under a trailer. How very, very sad.

Nobody to comfort her in her final hours or minutes here on Earth.

If his/her black coat was sleek and shiny, there must have been people
wondering what became of their beloved cat

It is now on the Bridge.

I will light a candle in my special candle holder in the shape of a
sleeping cat, for this poor unfortunate kitty, who came to such a tragic
end.

A bright star, now extinguished, forever.

It was probably hit by a car, and crawled away to where it felt safe, to
die all alone.

This is just another reason why I keep my precious Kenzie inside.

I'm on a not too busy street, but I've seem all 4 of my neighbor's cats
cross it when there were cars approaching at good speed. There is no
stop sign on my corner, so people are going pretty fast to get to the
two 'main' roads I am between.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old August 29th 08, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Thank you so much for your words Gandalf. And for lighting your special
candle.
Now, I'm just sitting here in tears, thinking what might have happened to
him/her.
It is so very sad indeed, and even if we didn't have to keep our 4 cats
indoors, we would anyway, because of the dangers of the 'outside' . We live
in a quiet 77 unit trailer park, for people ages 55+ and there are very few
cars, but it only takes one hit or one attack by a dog to endanger them, so
inside they stay. We keep the sliding door open and they get a lot of fresh
air, so I don't think they miss being outside.
Gonna go hug my kitties now.
Kyla
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

I just love your quotes

Old August 29th 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

wrote:

[...]

Thank you.

The first two are mine. The third is by the very famous Science Fiction
author, Robert Heinlein.

Robert Heinlein is also famous for his love of cats.

He had a cat that, when it wanted to go outside, if the weather was bad,
demanded to check each door. And, IIRC, there were many doors, (perhaps
13?) where he was living at the time. His cat was hoping one of the
doors would lead him nicer weather, than the other ones did.

Robert Heinlein named a book "The Doorway Into Summer", in honor of that
cat.

I read the book at least 40 years ago; I don't remember any of it at
all.

But I have always remembered the story behind the title.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old August 29th 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Goodbye Sweet Unknown Cat

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Kyla }}}}}}}}}}}}
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 29th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

This is a neighborhood with a lot of ferals, and occasionally I've had the
sad task of disposing of a little body from my backyard. Most recently, I
found an old neighborhood tom who liked to rest under one of my shrubs. I
was sorry to see it, but glad he had crossed over while resting quietly
there. Purrs for all the unknown kitties.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 29th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

You're welcome

The first two are mine.

I know

The third is by the very famous Science Fiction
author, Robert Heinlein.

Robert Heinlein is also famous for his love of cats.

He had a cat that, when it wanted to go outside, if the weather was bad,
demanded to check each door. And, IIRC, there were many doors, (perhaps
13?) where he was living at the time. His cat was hoping one of the
doors would lead him nicer weather, than the other ones did.
Robert Heinlein named a book "The Doorway Into Summer", in honor of that
cat.
I read the book at least 40 years ago; I don't remember any of it at
all.
But I have always remembered the story behind the title.

Thanks for the info. I haven't read the book.
Hugs to you and scritches to Kenzie

Kyla
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old August 29th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Kyla =^..^=" ...
[...]

Thanks Theresa. It's sad when one of the poor creatures passes on to
The Bridge and very sad and hard on us when we have to dispose of
their bodies. We don't get many, if any, ferals here, where I live,
thankfully.
Purrs for all the unknown kitties from me too.
Kyla , Mosey, Pookie, Pipps and Sqweex

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky is adorable

Old August 30th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
[...]
it was nice to have briefly met you.
I'll always remember you, with fondness.
Kyla

Purrs for all the unknown visitors, and for your sleek black kitty in
particular. May they play hard at the Bridge.

Maeve ^..^
--
http://moonglowminnow.wordpress.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/