Holly is home

Old January 13th 13, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Holly is home

I was able to bring Holly home this evening. She has been following me
around just as she always does. I was afraid Duffy would be annoyed by the
"hospital scent" that cats carry home from veterinary visits, but he didn't.
I did use a cloth to pet each of them and transfer scents, but I'm not sure
even that was necessary. They accepted each other from the first minute.
Holly has only eaten a few bites of food. There did not seem to be any
problems with her mouth, but it is important for her to get some
nourishment. I hope she will eat more in the morning. *My* big test will
come tomorrow morning. Holly has always been very difficult to medicate,
and now I have *three* medications for her.

Holly's veterinarian has been very caring, and he called a few hours after I
got home to see if everything was going alright. He is so considerate that
it really isn't right to refer to him as TED.

MaryL

Old January 13th 13, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLBriggs

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 23:16:26 -0600, MaryL wrote:

[...]

That (TED( is supposed to be what the cat thinks. When they are so kind to our "little ones" we think of them as Angels.
We are sending healing purrs for a good outcome. MLB
Old January 13th 13, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MaryL" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so glad she's home! That must be a huge relief.

Good luck with the medications.

Joy

Old January 13th 13, 08:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"mlbriggs" wrote in message ...

[...]

~~~~~~~~~
That's true, and I'm sure that is how Holly feels (probably much the same
way I thought about our family dentist when I was a child). Holly was calm
at the hospital when I was in the room with her, but she hissed and looked
angry when anyone else entered the room. Poor little girl was probably
traumatized.

MaryL

Old January 13th 13, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/13/2013 12:16 AM, MaryL wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad Holly is home. Purrs for her continued recovery. Good luck
with the medicating.

Jill
Old January 13th 13, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:28:09 AM UTC-5, MaryL wrote:
"mlbriggs" wrote in message ...

[...]

I had a similar experience when Rusty (RB) had 2 teeth extracted.
He was a terror at the vet clinic and the vet tech had trouble getting him out
of the cage into his carrier. He didn't even calm down when he saw me.
Probably mad at me for leaving him there.
But once he got home, he was his usual docile self
again. Make sure Holly get wet food at least for the next little while.
Best wishes for a full recovery. -- Winnie
Old January 13th 13, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"mlbriggs" wrote in message ...

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Holly always eats only canned food. My concern right now is that she isn't
eating much at all. It is important to get some nutrition into her. She
isn't touching either her regular Wellness or the K/D from the vet. I just
bought some freeze-dried raw chicken that I dehydrated for her, and she did
eat a little of that. I hope she will eat some more later.

Holly was never the terror you described. She just showed her annoyance at
everyone in the clinic. She is back to her normal loving personality now
and follows me around like a little shadow, although she is sleeping more
than usual (even more than usual for a cat!).

MaryL

Old January 13th 13, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message
[...]

If you have a blender, blend up some cooked chicken into a paste if she has
had teeth removed until her gums recover.
Is she doesn't eat it, paste it on to her upper palate, she can't avoid it
then. and she will have to lick it off and swallow it.

I am very experienced about getting CRF dogs and cats to eat (so says my
vet)
I would never give up on first diagnosis.

Tweed

Old January 13th 13, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

So glad to hear that Holly is home and doing well. Never thought
Duffy would not accept her back, scent and all. We will keep purring
and praying for Holly, Duffy and you. Please take good care of
yourselves.

Lily & her mama

Old January 13th 13, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MaryL" wrote in message
[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's a good idea. I will add it to my list of "smorgasbord" for Holly. I
tried Fancy Feast this morning, and she ate every bit of it. I don't think
FF is as healthy as what you described or the other food I have, but it is
almost like a pate--so it would be easier on her mouth while it heals.

Don't worry, I'm definitely not going to give up. She is my baby and
deserves the best care.

MaryL

Holly is in the hospital MaryL[_2_] Cat anecdotes 14 January 22nd 13 01:32 AM
Holly and Duffy (definitely *not* OT) MaryL Cat anecdotes 22 September 11th 09 08:15 PM
Holly the lap cat MaryL Cat anecdotes 1 October 6th 05 02:28 AM
Relayed From Holly CatNipped Cat anecdotes 2 February 17th 05 07:47 PM
News About Holly CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 February 17th 05 01:00 PM