BCT # (lost count)

Old July 19th 13, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default BCT # (lost count)

Lately Shamrock has found a new way to wake me up in the morning. I
keep a travel mug of ice water on the computer table I use in bed
sometimes (think hospital bedside table). The last several days he's
been knocking the cup off of the table but yesterday and today he
knocked it off, onto me. That's a cold rude awakening.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old July 19th 13, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/18/2013 8:45 PM, Cheryl wrote:
Lately Shamrock has found a new way to wake me up in the morning. I
keep a travel mug of ice water on the computer table I use in bed
sometimes (think hospital bedside table). The last several days he's
been knocking the cup off of the table but yesterday and today he
knocked it off, onto me. That's a cold rude awakening.

Wow, chilly! Definitely a BCT!

Jill
Old July 19th 13, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...

Lately Shamrock has found a new way to wake me up in the morning. I
keep a travel mug of ice water on the computer table I use in bed
sometimes (think hospital bedside table). The last several days he's
been knocking the cup off of the table but yesterday and today he
knocked it off, onto me. That's a cold rude awakening.

~~~~~~
Maybe you should change to the type of insulated travel mug where you need
to press on a button to open it (securely closed). That way, Shamrock might
knock the closed mug onto you, but you would be spared the ice water
treatment.

MaryL

Old July 19th 13, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 7/18/2013 10:08 PM, MaryL wrote:

Maybe you should change to the type of insulated travel mug where you
need to press on a button to open it (securely closed). That way,
Shamrock might knock the closed mug onto you, but you would be spared
the ice water treatment.

MaryL

I have one of those. Its just smaller than the one I'm used to. I wake
up during the night parched sometimes and can empty the one I use. I'm
starting to think about shutting them out at night but that would be
hard for them to adjust to. This video is hysterical. The one with the
cat reaching under the closed door and boinging the door stop cracks me
up but it sure would be an annoying noise to wake up to. My door
stopper thing is on the wall, though, not the door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvJ3TGx0Kxo

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old July 19th 13, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Cheryl wrote:

On 7/18/2013 10:08 PM, MaryL wrote:

Maybe you should change to the type of insulated travel mug where you
need to press on a button to open it (securely closed). That way,
Shamrock might knock the closed mug onto you, but you would be spared
the ice water treatment.

MaryL

I have one of those. Its just smaller than the one I'm used to. I wake
up during the night parched sometimes and can empty the one I use. I'm
starting to think about shutting them out at night but that would be
hard for them to adjust to. This video is hysterical. The one with the
cat reaching under the closed door and boinging the door stop cracks me
up but it sure would be an annoying noise to wake up to. My door
stopper thing is on the wall, though, not the door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvJ3TGx0Kxo

I haven't had a chance to watch the video, but once in a while I hear
that "boiiiiiiing" coming from somewhere, and I know that Roxy is playing
with a door stop someplace in the apartment.

--
Joyce

What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry
Old July 19th 13, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 7/19/2013 4:27 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

In article om,
Cheryl wrote:

Lately Shamrock has found a new way to wake me up in the morning. I
keep a travel mug of ice water on the computer table I use in bed
sometimes (think hospital bedside table). The last several days he's
been knocking the cup off of the table but yesterday and today he
knocked it off, onto me. That's a cold rude awakening.

I bet it was quite a shock. did he scarper (run off) as soon as he'd done
it or did he think that's a good way to get you up?

Judith

He sat there looking at me as if he were quite proud of himself.
But I got back at him today. I put a piece of aluminum foil about 12"
square under it with the sides curling upwards. Worked like a charm.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old July 20th 13, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

Cheryl wrote:

Lately Shamrock has found a new way to wake me up in the morning. I
keep a travel mug of ice water on the computer table I use in bed
sometimes (think hospital bedside table). The last several days he's
been knocking the cup off of the table but yesterday and today he
knocked it off, onto me. That's a cold rude awakening.

I bet it was quite a shock. did he scarper (run off) as soon as he'd
done it or did he think that's a good way to get you up?

Judith

He sat there looking at me as if he were quite proud of himself.
But I got back at him today. I put a piece of aluminum foil about 12"
square under it with the sides curling upwards. Worked like a charm.

Nice one!!

Judith

~~~~~
And very affordable!!

MaryL

Old July 21st 13, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 20:45:41 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
Lately Shamrock has found a new way to wake me up in the morning. I
keep a travel mug of ice water on the computer table I use in bed
sometimes (think hospital bedside table). The last several days he's
been knocking the cup off of the table but yesterday and today he
knocked it off, onto me. That's a cold rude awakening.

Wow that's a hard-core wake-up!

Dot likes to sleep on the headboard on warm days. In bed, I can see her
tail and dangly pink and violet toebeans above me. I don't put anything on
that shelf that I think she might knock onto my face.

http://home.comcast.net/~takayuki9z/..._headboard.jpg
Old July 21st 13, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/21/2013 8:59 AM, Takayuki wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 20:45:41 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
Lately Shamrock has found a new way to wake me up in the morning. I
keep a travel mug of ice water on the computer table I use in bed
sometimes (think hospital bedside table). The last several days he's
been knocking the cup off of the table but yesterday and today he
knocked it off, onto me. That's a cold rude awakening.

Wow that's a hard-core wake-up!

Dot likes to sleep on the headboard on warm days. In bed, I can see her
tail and dangly pink and violet toebeans above me. I don't put anything on
that shelf that I think she might knock onto my face.

http://home.comcast.net/~takayuki9z/..._headboard.jpg

What a sweet picture! Thanks!

Persia is not a climb-up-on-stuff cat. I sleep with a lot of pillows.
(No idea why.) She occasionally climbs up on a pillow above my head.
From that vantage point she can snooze comfortably. Then reach down
and touch me. Or comb my hair with her teeth.

Jill
Old July 22nd 13, 01:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

I have been sleeping on my back a lot lately, but Rita likes to snuggle up to my front, when I'm laying on my side. If there's no front (she can't sleep on top of me, it's like a mountain), she'll get up to the head of the bed, and turn around, then *flop* down ON my face, then slide down until she's comfortably laying down, mashed against the side of my face.

Good thing I have a CPAP, or I'd not be able to breathe.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita