Chloe and the cat flap

Old October 8th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Chloe and the cat flap

The cat flap is unusual - it's my own design, half of a wind-proof design.
The final design will have separate flaps on both sides of the wall one of
which will have to be pulled open. As is, the outside flap is in place
and has to be pulled open to get in. The other cats flip it open with a
paw and duck under the flap.

I had been propping it open a bit so Chloe could just push it open with
her head to get in, but I removed the block yesterday. She came in the
front door with me last night, but this afternoon, I watched her use the
flap: she pryed it open with her nose. Not the best method, but it works
and now I *know* she can get in to eat or get out of the weather whenever
she wants. I've been waiting for her to pass that milestone.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).