My bed

Old January 17th 11, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default My bed

There a number of reasons why Joel and I don't sleep in the same bed (or
room). He likes to watch tv before going to sleep, I want it quiet. However,
I like alittle light to be able to see and I get weird about how much oxygen
is in the room; whereas he likes the room to be pitch black and the door
tightly locked - also an open door means the cats can come as go as they
please rather than doing the 2am yowl to be let out (Shadow was
*particularly* vocal when she was here). There's also issues of snoring (we
both do) and me moving baout as I sleep, but mainly it comes down to the
fact that we are both big people and like to stretch out on the bed to
sleep. We've tried sleeping in the same bed, and whilst Ihave no idea
whether Joel experiences the same thing, it always feels like I'm rolling
into him. So we have seperate beds and indeed seperate rooms, which suits us
both just fine.

In recent months, Pickel has taken up residence on my bed at night. He
doesn't curl up next to me like Shmogg did, but I know he's on the bed
because if I move my feet too far, he'll very gently bite me to remind me of
who exactly is boss around here.

Last night, Pepper also joined me on the bed. Pickel & Pepper were playing
Mexican Standoff all night over my not dead-to-the-world body. I guess at
some point after 4am they did manage to sort it out because I woke up with
Pepper curled into my chest, and Pickle curled at the back of my knees.
Effectively, I was pinned in position by two critters that wouldn't way more
than 12kg together! This is exactly why I have a Queen size bed *all to
myself* - so I can have some room! You'd think with all this heat and
humidity, the *last* thing they'd want is to sleep next to a horrible
stinky, sweaty human, but apparently not. I guess keeping the hoomin awake
is all part of the fun, after all, if she's really tired, she'll forget
about breakfast and perhaps server it again.

Bloody furkids!

Yowie

Old January 18th 11, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 18/01/2011 00:15, Yowie wrote:
[...]

LOL! In spite of it all, I'm glad they found some sort of truce in the
end. Maybe next night, they'll let you sleep, too.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old January 18th 11, 09:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On Jan 17, 10:15*pm, "Yowie"
wrote:
[...]

It sounds like Pepper is fitting right in, and has found her rightful
place.

Ade got the giggles when he came to bed last night, McCavity was lying
next to me, spooning into my chest, while Annie (who is eight pounds
to his fifteen) was spooned up next to him in exactly the same way. He
said they were ALMOST too cute to evict, but he wanted some bed too,
so they got moved.

Jeanette
Old January 18th 11, 11:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Jan 17, 5:15*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Just so you don't feel bad about it...my father and stepmother don't
even live in the same STATE! Yeah, he lives in his house in New York,
and she lives in her trailer in Pennsylvania, about 20 miles away.
And they've been married for 21 years.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old January 18th 11, 11:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 17, 10:15*pm, "Yowie"
wrote:
There a number of reasons why Joel and I don't sleep in the same bed (or
room).

I wish we had seperate bedrooms- I have to go to bed much earlier than
Dave because of getting up for work so I have just stretched out and
got comfortable when he comes in- our bedroom is a tad on the small
side and we have so much stuff stored in there it would be a major
obstacle course in the dark for him to walk round to his side of the
bed so I have to get up so he can slide in and then he nicks the
duvet! (To keep this OT, the problem with only being half covered by
the duvet is when Dunzi decides it's breakfast time she has plenty of
bare flesh to stick a claw in if I don't wake up instantky)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 18th 11, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Copy cats (was: My bed)

NettieCat wrote:

Ade got the giggles when he came to bed last night, McCavity was lying
next to me, spooning into my chest, while Annie (who is eight pounds
to his fifteen) was spooned up next to him in exactly the same way. He
said they were ALMOST too cute to evict, but he wanted some bed too,
so they got moved.

Too cute! Bad cat daddy.

I get such a kick out of the way cats copy each other - as well as
animals of other species - in their positioning, especially when
sleeping. Too bad Ade didn't get a picture of that (although you
are probably relieved ). Over the years I've amassed a little
collection of jpgs of various cats imitating each other, imitating
humans and dogs, and in one case, even imitating a wooden cat
sculpture. Maybe I should make a collage of them.

Joyce

--
Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own
sensuality, we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old January 19th 11, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:15:10 +1100, "Yowie"
wrote:

[...]

I have a queen bed with the same "significant other in another room"
situation much of the time. But the four cats all like to sleep with
me, and no matter how much room is in the bed, they want to be near or
on me. Usually Scooter, the newest critter, is right by my head. Marlo
is between my legs. Nipsy is on the same side as Scooter but near my
waist. Espy, the most independent, is usually sleeping on the cable
box or somewhere else (it's winter here). But sometimes he is also on
the bed, on the side not filled by Scooter and Nipsy, near my chest.

One day last week I woke up to find Espy had crawled under the covers
on one side, and Scooter was under the covers on the other. Very cute,
but I try to avoid that because I don't want to roll on them and break
some little bones.

It is tough to roll over when three or four cats are weighing you
down.

Old January 22nd 11, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Copy cats

Takayuki wrote:

What is the etiquette for something like this? Would it be enough if I
credited the photographer and the name of the cat(s)? Should I get
permission first? Or would it be OK if I just put a disclaimer on the
site, inviting folks to contact me if they want credit or for me to
remove the photo? That's what I did with another collection I created
from captured images on the web:

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/...sing_cats.html

I say do now, ask questions later.

In other words, "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission."

I remember your friend's sneezing cat reminding me of "Drillcat will
kill your family" (although I think I saw your picture first,
actually):

http://cats.moreawesomethanyou.com/drillcat.jpg

That's great! Yes, it's very similar.

Actually, that sneezing cat (or he/she might've just been doing one
of those high-speed headshakes that cats and dogs do) was in an animal
shelter that my friend and I were volunteering at together. She took
the picture. (That'd be Stef, apparently my one and only friend. )

Joyce

--
I'm in favor of animal liberation. Why? Because I'm an animal.
-- Edward Abbey