Lizzie Scared Me

Old June 23rd 05, 06:24 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default Lizzie Scared Me

I couldn't find Lizzie earlier - looked all over. Not in either closet.
Not on the back porch (in case she snuck back there when DH left - we've
been closing of the back porch now that we have the AC on - unless it gets
really cool at night). Not in the "fort" (fort is a large cardboard box
that is seals except for a flap cut into one side for a door, and a few
holes cut into the other sides from which they can 'attack' passersby), but
Smokey was. After about 15-20 minutes, I finally looked behind the TV (65"
projection), and there she was, way over at the other end trying to hide.

Somebody must have whupped her, or something really scared her. Not sure
who/what. She was very timid when she came out. Very Weeble-like. She
walked OK, so her knees weren't bothering her (she has mild luxating
patella)

She is now on the top of the tower, playing with the cardboard-on-a-wire
toy, and defending it from all would-be takers.

I tried to get her down, so I could put her in here (2nd-bedroom-cum-office)
by herself, but she's all claws & teeth & I don't have a Kevlar suit!

I guess I'll leave her up there, and keep an eye on her to make sure she's
all right. I'm sure that she'll re-assert her place as Queen Elizabeth
shortly.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old June 23rd 05, 06:31 PM
Adrian

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
[...]

I'm glad she was just hiding.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 23rd 05, 07:27 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Adrian wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
[...]

She's no napping on the bed. I gave her some scrichies and luvin, and put
my ear against her chest and she was purring. Then I tried to give her more
scritchies and she didn't want any (tried to give me some nips & scratches).
So I left her alone, lay down not too far from her with a book and some
munchies. About 15 minutes later, she came to sniff my munchies - Cp'n
Crucnh w/ Crunch Berries, dry - to see if she wanted any. She aparently
didn't want to be "crunchitized" as she backed away from them. Then I
noticed her looking out the window at something - it was MamaKat (Weeble's
feral Mama), heading for the overgrown fence row between our house & our
neighbor's. DH & I haven't seen her for 2-3 days now, so I ran out back to
her 'feeding station", calling her (she does respond to MamaKat - usually
just an ear twitch or a turn of the head) and rattling food. I made as much
noise as possible to get her to come back, but I never saw her appear. I'm
hoping that she will make her way back to eat shortly, now that I'm back
inside and pose no threat.

Old June 23rd 05, 07:59 PM
Karen

Sometimes it's a mystery what spooks them. Even the seemingly unspookable.
Look at Pearl and her dish. Took her two days to get over whatever scared
her. Wierd.

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
[...]

former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old June 23rd 05, 08:20 PM
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
[...]

Oh dear! I hope Lizzie is just being a bit moody for a while. Persia
sometimes hides behind my stereo, that old fashioned one with a turntable
that sometimes promotes earworms here G

Purrs for Lizzie. And Persia sends a kitty nose kiss to Weeble!

Jill

Old June 23rd 05, 10:20 PM
Adrian

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
[...]

Good luck in finaly catching MamaKat. (I know it's easier said than
done)

Old June 24th 05, 12:14 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Adrian wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
[...]

We did have the trap rigged so it wouldn't go off - to get her used to
eating in it. Her and a couple of other cats would eat there. So would
birds (Grackles, Starlings and Blue Jays seem to *love* cat food - one blue
jay entered the trap and snagged some food while we were standing less than
10 feet away!)....

Recently we un-rigged it. A few hours later, in the evening (it was dark
out), it had been sprung, but it was laying on it's side & empty. MamaKat
escaped from it before - maybe she did again. Could have been another cat.
We didn't see the critter. I know it wasn't a raccoon or possum as they
would just sit and wait for us to let them out (patient critters, aren't
they) when we caught them last year.

All I can say is "curses, foiled again" and "back to the drawing board".