Weird - OT

Old August 2nd 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Weird - OT

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Yesterday, when eating a soft pita Panini(sp?) a piece of a tooth
broke off (when I crunched down, at first I thought it was glass
that had somehow gotten into the (Lean Cuisine) sandwich. I know
I've been neglecting my teeth, I was trying to wait until I had
saved up the co-payment to get them done (I need like 8 or 10
crowns).

At first I wasn't even going to go to the dentist today, but my
tongue kept rubbing on the broken tooth and it aggravated me. When
the dentist took an x-ray of the tooth he looked kind of aghast
(never a good look for a doctor or dentist ;). That whole side of
my mouth is infected, and the broken tooth has infection in the
nerve in the root. He said he couldn't even work on my teeth today
since the infection was so bad, so he sent me home with a
prescription for antibiotics and Vicodin (yeah, like I'm going to
take Vicodin!).

The weird thing is I was *not* screaming-on-the-ceiling in pain from
the tooth. The pain in my neck is so intense that I perceived the
pain in my mouth as just a dull ache in the back of my mind. I
never thought I would have that gawd-awful pain to thank for
anything - just goes to show ;. [BTW, I have to go back Thursday,
after the antibiotics have a chance to reduce the infection, for a
root canal and a crown.]

Right now I'm anxiously waiting until I can get in to see the
neurosurgeon about the pinched nerves in my neck. I have high hopes
he can fix that since he is the surgeon who pioneered the procedure
(arthroscopic foraminotomy - informally called minimally invasive
surgery to remove bone over-growth from the cervical vertebra - C3
and C4 to be specific). For most cases he does it on an out-patient
basis, so hopefully I won't even have to miss much work! YAY
(riiiiiight ;)! I have an appointment with him on the 18th of this
month (I'm been waiting forEVER it seems - he's a popular doctor!).
I'm just hoping I don't have to go through weeks of testing before
he can do the surgery!

Any way, anything good happen while I was gone? ;

Chin Scritches,

CatNipped

Wish you didn't have to deal with this. Its summer. Supposed to be
fun or at least relaxing (right?)

I guess its good that you are getting this taken care of and the
infection cleared out of your system before they start to mess with
your neck.

But it would still be better to not have a problem at all.

Let yourself laugh out loud at the boyz antics. It will make you feel
better, even if Ben and the rest of the cats look at you like you are
crazy. Who isn't at this point?

Jo

Old August 2nd 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Purrs for your tooth and your neck. It sounds like you're leaving Ben a
piece at a time. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

ROTFLMAOWTIME! A-yup, 'pears that way!! ;

Thanks, Adrian, you made me laugh in spite of my sore mouth!

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 2nd 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Actually Ben did something wicked mean but had us rolling on the floor. Now
shame on me, but here's the background...

When Sammy was a kitten, she tried to run out of one of the French doors in
my bedroom as I was coming in, and I didn't see her. Those doors always
swell in summer and are hard to shut, so I usually have to slam them really
hard. Poor little Sammy was right in the middle of the doorway when I
slammed it shut on her. I honestly don't know how I didn't kill her or
break her back, but other than the pain and fear, she was, miraculously,
unharmed. About a month later I was getting something out of my closet and
had the door standing open. Sammy was behind the door and was trying to
play with my feet with her paws through the crack in the door. Again, I
didn't notice her and I shut the door on her paw. [Like children, I think
kittens must have bones made of rubber because, again, nothing broke (except
my bank account to the vet's delight ;).]

Now, 4 years later, she is still *terrified* of doors. When the door
between the garage and the house is open (as it usually is when I'm in my
office off the garage), she'll SNEAK up to the door, crouch down warily,
then jump and run through it as FAST as she can. Sometimes, like today, for
some reason it takes her a while to work up the courage to run through the
door. I was waiting for her to come through so I could close the door
(maybe it was the combination of the door and ME that scared her), and she
was just standing there watching the door for several minutes. She finally
started to come through the door just as I started to close it (to let her
come through the cat door which she doesn't find as frightening). When she
saw the door start to close, she leaped 5 feet straight into the air and 3
feet backwards. As sad as it is, for some reason it always funny as hell to
me when a cat does that.

Later on today, Ben was in my office with me and I was telling him about it
(he'd never noticed her fear of doors). I said, "watch" and walked into the
house knowing that Sammy would follow me as she always does. This time she
was *really* hesitant to go through the door. She stood there for about 4
or 5 minutes trying to get up the courage to go through. Just as she did
Ben banged on the metal file cabinet in the garage and yelled "WATCH out!"
Poor Sammy leaped straight up and forward this time and dashed like a streak
of lightening for my bedroom. Ben and I followed right behind and all we
saw was her tail sticking out from under the bed.

Do you ever feel *terrible* about something, but can't help yourself or keep
from laughing? I petted on her and soothed her for an hour afterwards
because felt I SO bad about being SO mean to her! She'll probably get her
revenge tonight when I'm sleeping (have I told y'all how she sometimes
channels the spirit of Bandit??! ;)

Fluffy Tails,

CatNipped

Old August 3rd 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Yikes! No fun at all! Purrs that you get through the dental work OK
and have excellent results with the neurosurgeon.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 3rd 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Sherry wrote:
On Aug 2, 1:17�pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

Oh yay. I wasn't going to post this, but now I have someone to wallow
around in the muck with.
Pity, party of two?
Mine isn't nearly as bad as yours, but I have an appt. on Wed. the
13th for oral surgery to have 2 wisdom
teeth extracted. It is equally weird. One was kind of sensitive, but
the other one didn't hurt at all, and they're
bad infected too. Gad, I need valium just to SAY "oral surgeon." I am
the worst dental weenie ever. They're
not going to try to save them I suppose because I don't really need
them. I got a script for eurthromycin (sp?)
which gives me a horrible stomache ache. OK, I'll shut up now, because
I could really get wound up on this subject.

Sherry

Purrs on the way for you too. Damn I *hate* dental work!

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 3rd 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Adrian wrote:
CatNipped

Purrs for your tooth and your neck. It sounds like you're leaving Ben a
piece at a time. ;-)

You take that back! That's an awful thing to say to CN (wish I'd
thought of it first

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 3rd 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Sam" wrote in message
diainc...
Adrian wrote:
CatNipped

Purrs for your tooth and your neck. It sounds like you're leaving Ben a
piece at a time. ;-)

You take that back! That's an awful thing to say to CN (wish I'd thought
of it first

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe

I know snort isn't he chuckle awful guffaw!

Fluffy Tails,

CatNipped

Old August 3rd 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Sam" wrote in message
diainc...
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Thank you Sam, purrs, especially now, are *very* gratefully accepted.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 3rd 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Do you ever feel *terrible* about something, but can't help yourself
or keep from laughing? I petted on her and soothed her for an hour
afterwards because felt I SO bad about being SO mean to her! She'll
probably get her revenge tonight when I'm sleeping (have I told
y'all how she sometimes channels the spirit of Bandit??! ;)

Fluffy Tails,

CatNipped

It helps to remember she wasn't injured, and would do the same thing
to you given half a chance.

Charlie is wonderful with the cats, but still thinks startling one of
them is part of the pleasure of being a slave.

Jo

Old August 3rd 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Do you ever feel *terrible* about something, but can't help yourself or
keep from laughing? I petted on her and soothed her for an hour
afterwards because felt I SO bad about being SO mean to her! She'll
probably get her revenge tonight when I'm sleeping (have I told y'all how
she sometimes channels the spirit of Bandit??! ;)

Fluffy Tails,

CatNipped

It helps to remember she wasn't injured, and would do the same thing to
you given half a chance.

Charlie is wonderful with the cats, but still thinks startling one of them
is part of the pleasure of being a slave.

Jo

I know, she isn't injured. But she truly is terrified of doors and I feel
responsible for that even though it was an accident.

Now for guiltless fun, leave something unexpected on the floor (like a piece
of clothing), watch a cat creep up to it slowly, all crouched down - then
move the object suddenly to get a display of feline aerial gymnastics! ;

Ear Skritches,

CatNipped