Going to TED, purrs needed

Old August 5th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Update on Rusty

On Aug 5, 11:06*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
Mega health purrs on the way for Rusty. *Please let us know what the vet
says.

Ear Skritches,

CatNipped

Thanks for all the purrs.

Turned out Rusty has a lot of gas.
TED suspects irritable bowel or a sensitivity to his prescription
Mature Cat food. He prescribed some pills for 10 days. May have to
switch to a prescription diet like Hill's I/D or Medi-Cal's Gastro.
Rusty has to fast
for 24 hrs meaning no dinner tonight. He is going to complian about
it.
Another possibility is Rusty chewed something not agreeable to his
tummy. But
I think that is a remote possibility as I watched him closely. Rusty
mostly sleep all
day. He is often comfined to his room with just his litter box, food
and water.

The damage to the pocket book is not too too bad either. I developed a
headache
from the constant barking of a dog at the clinic. Came home with a
belly ache, probably from the stress. Looks like Rusty and I have a
lot in common. We are both getting older, have symptoms of irritable
bowel, and we are both skinny. I weighed myself at TED's and I have
also lost some weight which I can't afford to lose. Rusty lost about
1 lb since April. He is down to 6.8 lb.

On the positive side, I got some weight bearing exercises by hand
carrying Rusty in
a soft carrier and walk to TED and back. Now I am drained.

Winnie

Old August 5th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Winnie" wrote in message
[...]

I'm *so* glad it wasn't something more serious (or more expensive). Get
some rest now and try to have a relaxing dinner (I'm like a Jewish
grandmother - eat, eat, eat!) ;

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 5th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Winnie" wrote in message
[...]

***

I'm glad it isn't any worse. It still isn't pleasant for either of you. I
can well imagine that you would be drained. Relief can do that, and you had
some tiring physical exercise too, not to mention the stress of that dog
barking, and the headache.

Purrs for both of you to feel much better.

Joy

Old August 5th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 5, 3:26*pm, Winnie wrote:
[...]

I'm glad the vet can handle it. I will try to lose some weight and
send it to you telepathically while WooToo might, I can't promise, try
to do the same for Rusty. Get some rest and some food and enjoy
Rusty's company. That's my prescription.

--
Will in New Haven

Old August 5th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

Default Going to TED, purrs needed

Purrs lovingly sent from our house
Kyla
"Winnie"
I am taking Rusty to the TED in about an hour. Rusty has been losing
weight. He also
has some gastrointestinal problems with frequent pooping of soft
stools. Twice he made
a loud awful yowl that really scared me, following by vomiting a small
amount of clear fluid,
kind of like human spit. I have been feeding him a bit more. But I
think he may have
some digestive problem which hinder his nutrient abosrption.

I had a nighmare last week in which TED told me Rusty has to be PTS. I
hope it is not a
bad omen. Needless to say, I am very worried about him. Rusty's
health has never been
robust with a history of urinary blockages since he was 2. He looks so
skinny now and I can feel his ribs easily. He is a senior cat at age
14 and maybe older cats don't absorb nutrients as well, just like
older humans.

Please purr that there is nothing seriously wrong with Rusty. I am
thinking it may be just
from all the hair he ingested that irritate his bowel. That was what
happened to him some years ago. Rusty has been shedding a lot. This is
the shedding season. I have been giving him canned pumpkin for
hairball and brushing and combing him. I don't think what he vomited
out were hairballs as they were clear fluid.
I hope it won't cost me a small fortune at TED's like the last visit.

Winnie

Old August 5th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

"Winnie"

[...]

Glad Rusty isn't in in danger.
Sqweex can send Rusty some of her extra weight.
Get some rest.
Hug
Kyla & Clowder

Old August 6th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Winnie wrote:

Turned out Rusty has a lot of gas.
TED suspects irritable bowel or a sensitivity to his prescription
Mature Cat food. He prescribed some pills for 10 days. May have to
switch to a prescription diet like Hill's I/D or Medi-Cal's Gastro.
Rusty has to fast
for 24 hrs meaning no dinner tonight. He is going to complian about
it.
Another possibility is Rusty chewed something not agreeable to his
tummy. But
I think that is a remote possibility as I watched him closely. Rusty
mostly sleep all
day. He is often comfined to his room with just his litter box, food
and water.

Purrs for Rusty's tummy to feel better soon!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 6th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Winnie wrote:
[...]

Purrs that you both feel better soon. So glad the situation wasn't as
bad as you dreamt.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 6th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Winnie wrote:
Please purr that there is nothing seriously wrong with Rusty. I am

Lots of purrs for Rusty, please let us know how it goes.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

More purrs needed Lesley Cat anecdotes 0 May 17th 08 10:07 PM
Purrs Needed, Please CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 19 March 18th 08 11:30 PM
Job Purrs Needed CatNipped Cat anecdotes 69 June 29th 06 03:05 PM
Purrs of condolence and also job purrs needed Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 15 April 7th 06 05:44 PM
Job Purrs Needed ChildFree23 Cat community 6 February 15th 06 01:39 AM