For all you sci fi freaks

Old August 8th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default For all you sci fi freaks

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

It's possible that the article writers were referring to "BBC-America"
bringing the US Torchwood and now Primaeval? At least that'd be my
take on it. Granted, not sure why the writers would think that BBC-
America actually "makes" shows, then again, alot of friends here are
convinced that *the* BBC is the same thing as BBC-America (which it
really isn't).

I don't even know what BBC-America is. Does it exist to distribute BBC
programs in the USA? As far as I know, it's not an actual *channel*, is
it? Then again, I have analog cable, so that might be why I haven't
heard of it - maybe it's just on digital?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 8th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

I was referring to BBC as a generic term, much as "Xerox" is used as a
generic term for all copies, regardless of the actual machine used to
copy them. Sorry about that.

I don't follow this. I understand that "xerox" as a generic means a
copy, or "to copy" (as a verb). But what does "BBC" as a generic mean?
Any foreign (to the US) tv network? Any UK network?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 8th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Aug 8, 3:56*pm, wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

* I was referring to BBC as a generic term, much as "Xerox" is used as a
* generic term for all copies, regardless of the actual machine used to
* copy them. *Sorry about that.

I don't follow this. I understand that "xerox" as a generic means a
copy, or "to copy" (as a verb). But what does "BBC" as a generic mean?
Any foreign (to the US) tv network? Any UK network?

--
Joyce * ^..^

Nope, I meant BBC as any UK network generic. I knew there other
networks in the UK, but I tend to refer to most (if not all) UK shows
as BBC shows, even if they aren't (as is the case with Primaeval).
Old August 8th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Aug 8, 3:54*pm, wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

* It's possible that the article writers were referring to "BBC-America"
* bringing the US Torchwood and now Primaeval? *At least that'd be my
* take on it. *Granted, not sure why the writers would think that BBC-
* America actually "makes" shows, then again, alot of friends here are
* convinced that *the* BBC is the same thing as BBC-America (which it
* really isn't).

I don't even know what BBC-America is. Does it exist to distribute BBC
programs in the USA? As far as I know, it's not an actual *channel*, is
it? Then again, I have analog cable, so that might be why I haven't
heard of it - maybe it's just on digital?

--
Joyce * ^..^

Yes, actually. BBC-America *is* a channel available in many areas of
the US. It's generally not considered a "premium" channel (like
Showtime, HBO, and the Encore channels), but it is always above the
basic plan (at least it has always been that way here) that cable and
Dish providers offer. I think it is part of the digital programming
(here at least). Not sure about elsewhere.

That's where I got introduced to Graham Norton. And Ground Force and
Trading Spaces and Home Invaders. I've always enjoyed at least one
show on their programming, at any given time.
Old August 11th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Aug 8, 3:54 pm, wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

[...]

I like "Coupling" too.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 11th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Aug 11, 11:53*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in messagenews:3491379e-1026-

That's where I got introduced to Graham Norton. *And Ground Force and
Trading Spaces and Home Invaders. *I've always enjoyed at least one
show on their programming, at any given time.

I like "Coupling" too.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

Yes. I was actually looking forward to the American version, until I
saw about 10 minutes of it. How can you take something so absolutely
perfect, with loads of innuendo and some not so "innuendo", but not
really alot of "bad" stuff (whatever that is), and completely ruin
it? The show is something of a hit when it aired on BBC-America. Why
mess with a chemistry that worked?

Actually, I know how, put in people who have absolutely no character
whatsoever, do NOT have a character that any viewers might find
offensive, and take out any double entendres so parents won't have to
explain to their children why they are laughing so hard (as though the
kids don't know *exactly* what was being said eye roll).

Same thing with Absolutely Fabulous.

Smokie Darling (Annie)
Old August 12th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_4_]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message

Same thing with Absolutely Fabulous.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

==================

I *LOVED* that show! Is it still on? I haven't checked out the BBC
channel.

Old August 12th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

I *SO* love AbFab!! I have the DVD of one of the seasons (can't remember
which and I'm at work so can't check). That show ranks right up there with
Fawlty Towers for me (I have that DVD too). Have you ever seen "Red Dwarf"?
That's more on-topic for this thread, but still an absolutely unique British
show. I adore having "BBC America" - before that I had to catch those shows
on PBS and had to sit through hours of donation begging.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 12th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default OT: BBC-America (was For all you sci fi freaks)

On Aug 11, 6:54*pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in ...

Same thing with Absolutely Fabulous.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

==================

I *LOVED* that show! *Is it still on? *I haven't checked out the BBC
channel.

Not all the time, but I have my DVR set up to record when it does show
up. Seems like sometimes they show it at 2 or 3 in the mornng, but
since I dont' have to "look for it", I just check my DVR list every
morning, and sometimes, I am very pleasantly surprised (lol). Rather
like Midsomer Murders, which now shows on A&E or Biography channel,
but nowhere near regularly.

Smokie Darling (Annie)
Old August 12th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Aug 12, 9:26*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

I love Eddie and Pats. Particularly Patsy. I have friends that are
alot like her (particularly the drinking and not eating part), except
that she's funny and they are just kind of sad. Then there are the
scenes between Edina and Saffron... A relatively normal child? From
that? snicker. I always know I can laugh when I see that show,
there will be something that just cracks me up.

I used to like the Rocky Mountain PBS, but then they decided that they
would have pledge drives through every single really good episode they
show. I just stopped bothering, except for the rare shows (like the
Memorial Day Concert).

Smokie Darling (Annie)

freaks marika Cat rescue 0 January 4th 08 03:28 AM
Another example of PETA freaks (AW!!!) Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 3 June 29th 05 12:39 AM
You freaks have been trolled into a hissy. BuZZard Cat health & behaviour 54 February 25th 05 05:44 PM