Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

Old March 11th 10, 07:08 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dori Neu

Default Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

BTW, I quit smoking years ago when smokers I knew started to die of
smoking related diseases.

I wish I could say that......I only quit when they banned smoking in the
buildings where I worked, and my job required me to remain inside the
buildings for long periods at a time.....

At least you finally quit. When my husband was diagnosed with the start
of bronchitis and emphysema.... he quit pronto! That was about a year
ago.
His cough went away and he can breathe much better now.

I probably shouldn't even jump in on this discussion, but it seems really
strange
to me that I smoked for 44 years and NEVER had Bronchitis .... I quit
smoking
Oct 6, 2008 and this winter I had Bronchitis. ... delayed reaction?
coincidence?
Who knows? ...

I won't start again, it's just too expensive, but I felt better and felt
healthier
when I smoked. It's like some of you said ... "One thing doesn't fit
everyone"
I've known people who lived past 90 and still smoked ... I'll never
understand it.
--
Dori ...

Old March 11th 10, 03:54 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

What did I get myself into ;-)

"Stormmee" wrote in message
truth is i don't share good so we can be friends, if my DH croaks, hen you
can come over for dinner, LOL, Lee
"cshenk" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote

face palm

Oh dear. With drooping tail, I guess I must saunter off. The best lady
won.

Now whada I do about the bet? Cyber wanted in too!

Old March 11th 10, 04:14 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

you know, no good deed goes unpunished, LOL, Lee
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
What did I get myself into ;-)

Old March 11th 10, 04:21 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Dori Neu" wrote in message
[...]

One reason you were healthier when you smoked is because you were younger.
All our little duckies come home to roost after a while. Be happy that you
smell better now.

Old March 11th 10, 05:48 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mosey \=^..^=\

Makes ya wanna stop doing good deeds, then doesn't it? LOL.. Kyla
-gives keyboard back to Mosey

"Stormmee"
you know, no good deed goes unpunished, LOL, Lee

"Matthew" \
What did I get myself into ;-)

"Stormmee" truth is i don't share good so we can be friends, if my DH

Old March 11th 10, 11:37 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"cshenk" wrote
"Matthew" wrote

Oh dear. With drooping tail, I guess I must saunter off. The best lady
won.

Now whada I do about the bet? Cyber wanted in too!

Snicker, take a ring side seat!
Old March 11th 10, 11:42 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Matthew" wrote

What did I get myself into ;-)

Grin, mayhem. Lee offers to feed you, I offer to adopt you, and Cyber wants
to fight me for the adoption rights.

Dude, your fate will be decided for you. Probably gonna have to be a
bigamist anyways as Cyber and i are friends.

Old March 11th 10, 11:57 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Stormmee" wrote

you know that is a question i never researched but is curious to me, i
know cats need different things than dogs, but they do seem to like to
sample the other's food... not ever having cats and dogs indoors at the
same time i never looked into it... but i am wondering if there is
anything in either food that is detrimental to the other... just something
i wondered about from time to time but never got around to researching...
and never remember when i am at my bet's to ask her... OEJ goes back for
another blood draw in a week or so i am going to try and remember to ask
her.

Lee, there's a particular thing added to cat food that dogs do not need
(harless to them). Lysine? I forget the actual need and it's a pretty
small amount they need. It's something they dont formulate but dogs (and
people) do. It's there in some raw body part that isnt in pet food so they
add it to cat foods.

Nasty things happen to cats if they do not get it over time. I forget just
what but they can go blind first if i recall it right?

Sampling the other's food is harmless. Eating it day and day out isnt wise
though. A nibble is fine.

Old March 12th 10, 12:01 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Matthew" wrote
"cshenk" wrote

My apologies then. Glad to meet a fellow friend of Lee.

LOL accepted with no worries and glad to meet a fellow friend of hers
also
Csen I have been around since 2004 you know me ;-)

Can you tell me if you reach us from rec.pets.cats.health+behav perchance?
I see we have multiples above and I'd like to trim to just the one i use if
you are in it or join the one you are in.

Grin, I know you but not sure just 'where'

Old March 12th 10, 12:18 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Kelly Greene" wrote
"cshenk" wrote
"Stormmee" wrote

I don't know what kind of vet YOU have but mine is very up to date on
not only nutrition but wholeistic medicine as well, prevention is her
middle name, and the fact that you fancy yourself an expert on what is
and is not appropriate for any cats other than your own is the hight of
arrogance,... this discussion is now over, Lee

No Stormmee..... YOU fancy that I fancy myself an expert. There is more
information on the net about cat nutrition than you can read in a year.
That's why posted the sites which you refused to read.

Lee isnt into radical sites and she may not be able to bring them up with
her screen reader for the blind. A lovely friend, as with all people, she
has some limits she has had to learn to live with. One is that she is
blind. Shoving a bunch of web links at her is not an answer to a question.

I gather she can 'read' many sites but shes bound to find some just do not
work with her software and I am pretty sure cursor placement is an issue
depending on if the site used screen reader friendly HTML or not.

Lee is a friend if mine but like me, she's bit hit with enough 'check out
my version of a whacked ut but must be true' website she may not have
checked it.

Which whacked out sites are you talking about? ???

You want a list of every radical site on the internet? You'd need a 40
terrabyte HD to hold just the links.

The beauty of the internet is it's free exchange but just because some kid
said the 'world if going to end if you dont save those little cool-aide
monikers off the packet and mail them to him' that it is true.

People who *want* to believe something will find a web site that supports it
and post the links. That doesnt make it true.

Get a clue. If I told yoir 66.92% of statisitcs are made up then directed
you to my home web site stating same would YOU believe it? I sincerely hope
not. On the other hand, there are gullible people everywhere. PT Barnum
said it well but it;s happened since the first guy broke a rock to a sharp
edge and said his were 'special' sharp edges so you owed him more fruit for
his rock that you'd never manage yourself because he had magic to make it
work.

LOL!