Cat not drinking water

Old April 15th 08, 10:04 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

Default Cat not drinking water

wrote in message
On Apr 15, 5:28 am, "Ivor Jones" wrote:
Innews:u1XMj.13829$DD2.7625@trndny04,
Professor typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:: "cybercat" wrote in message

. com...
:
: "William Graham" wrote:
:
: I know mine wouldn't be happier inside, because I am too lazy to
: cater to them they way I would have to were they inside cats.....
:
: Therein lies the truth. Take your cats to a shelter where they
: might find a home with someone who can be bothered to take care of
: them.
:
: William and Ivor are two ignorant peas in a very dysfunctional pod.
: Cats are good judges of character, these two don't make the cut.

That just goes to show that you really don't know me, the area I live in,
or any of the inside/outside cats I've had for the last 30 years.

Ivor

Look at Professor's history of posting....he's usually looking to
antagonize someone.......just my opinion though...but now he'll be mad
at me for telling it like it is...he'll follow me around again begging
me to stop STALKING him.....Let your cats out, I always have and they
are happy and have lived for many years....my wife's best friend is a
vet and all her cats go outside.......if I were Professor's cats I'd
probably rip his eyes out while he's sleeping... Peace Ivor

The difference between professor and myself is obvious.....I don't presume
to tell him how to take care of his cats, because I don't know his
circumstances, but he is quite willing to tell me how to take care of mine,
even though he doesn't know beans about me or any of my cats. - He is a
typical liberal. - I have been fighting with them all of my life. They are
obnoxious people who think they know everything and are quite willing to
make laws that force everyone else to live the way they think they should
live. They have no imagination at all, and will be very surprised one day
when they are ushered into their padded cells right along with the rest of
us, because what goes around, comes around. It's easy for them, (for
example) to make laws that force me to wear what they think I should wear
while I ride my motorcycle, but when laws are made that force them to wear
what society thinks they should wear when pursuing their favorite hobby,
they will be very incensed. - But it will be far too late by then, and they
will have to enter their padded cell right along with the rest of us. I just
wish I could be there to usher them in.........

Old April 15th 08, 10:11 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"Professor" wrote in message
"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..
"Professor" wrote in message
> [...]
"cybercat" wrote in message
om...
"William Graham" wrote:

I know mine wouldn't be happier inside, because I am too lazy to cater
to them they way I would have to were they inside cats.....

Therein lies the truth. Take your cats to a shelter where they might
find
a home with someone who can be bothered to take care of them.

More likely, they would be put to sleep.....There are far too many cats
to expect them to find a good home when taken to a "shelter". My cats are
very happy, in spite of people like, "professor" who presume to know
enough to tell other people how to live.....God save us from the
liberals.....

William Graham addresses the post to me yet none of the text was mine.
He demonstrates that with advanced age, wisdom does not always follow.

My post is addressed, (obviously) to whomever wants me to take my cats to a
shelter where they will, "find a good home". I could care less exactly who
that is, or who is at the header of the post.......I know you well
professor, and I know the way your think. I have been arguing with those of
your ilk for my entire life.

Old April 15th 08, 10:32 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Professor[_2_]

"Professor" wrote in message
> [...]
"cybercat" wrote in message
om...
"William Graham" wrote:

[...]

Framing of the issue as a liberal versus conservative issue is inaccurate.
You prefer your cats outside because you don't care for them enough
to want to change their litter box. Matthew is just as opposed to your
don't-give-a-damn attitude yet I don't see you calling him a liberal.
If your cats were children and it was a custody battle you'd lose.

Old April 15th 08, 10:40 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"Professor" wrote in message
> [...]
"cybercat" wrote in message
r.com...
"William Graham" wrote:

[...]

Careful, if you argue with him he will post your phone number after
some nifty cyber sleuthing.......he's a nutjob.
Old April 15th 08, 11:27 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ivor Jones[_2_]

In ,
William Graham typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
: "Professor" wrote in message
: news:u1XMj.13829$DD2.7625@trndny04...
: "cybercat" wrote in message
: om...
:
: "William Graham" wrote:
:
: I know mine wouldn't be happier inside, because I am too lazy to
: cater to them they way I would have to were they inside cats.....
:
: Therein lies the truth. Take your cats to a shelter where they
: might find a home with someone who can be bothered to take care of
: them.
:
: More likely, they would be put to sleep.....There are far too many
: cats to expect them to find a good home when taken to a "shelter". My
: cats are very happy, in spite of people like, "professor" who presume
: to know enough to tell other people how to live.....God save us from
: the liberals.....

Depends on the shelter. I volunteer for Cats Protection, who operate a
strict no-kill policy, a healthy cat is never put to sleep. Some of our
long term residents have been with us for years, notably Polly, who's been
with us over 10 years and lives on top of the tumble dryer in the washroom
:-)

Ivor

Old April 16th 08, 12:25 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cshenk" wrote
Now, where I am at this time? Indoor cats or let them go to others. Too
many busy streets all around me. I would never responsibly raise a cat
where I live now, to expect outside as a place to be. Screened porch, ok.
More, no.

I've said all I have to say on the issue for now. Growing up, we lived in
both
urban and rural areas of Maryland. My parents were old school
"indoor/outdoor"
cat people. They were not going to change a cat box. We never had any one
cat for long. If they were not hit by a car they were trapped or poisoned.

Allowing a cat to roam anywhere at all is irresponsible, period. Ever see
the
film of the cat that was tortured and killed? The guy filmed it just for
jollies.

I don't like people who endanger domesticated animals that trust and love
them. I never will. I'm not going to fight about it, either. I am just going
to say
that anyone who endangered their animals for any reason is an ASSHOLE.
And until you can control what is out there, you are endangering your cat.

All of you bitches who allow yours to roam: when they are injured or killed,
you'll get no sympathy from me, just another big **** YOU.

We're all entitled to our opinion and that's mine.

*bows*

Old April 16th 08, 12:40 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Apr 15, 7:25 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
[...]

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Well mine are free to wander wherever they please. Between the house
and barn, climbing up in the rafters of the barn or just hanging out
on the porch, they are some happy cats.....and if for some reason a
coyote snags one or an owl.......well, that's life. They die with a
smile on their little cat face..LOL!
Old April 16th 08, 01:01 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ivor Jones[_2_]

In ,
cybercat typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:

[snip]

: All of you bitches who allow yours to roam: when they are injured or
: killed, you'll get no sympathy from me, just another big **** YOU.

Ah, foul language. The last resort of those who know they've lost the
argument.

: We're all entitled to our opinion and that's mine.

So am I, but at least I can make my point without swearing at people.

: *bows*

*plonk*

Ivor

Old April 16th 08, 04:12 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"Professor" wrote in message
> [...]
"cybercat" wrote in message
r.com...
"William Graham" wrote:

[...]

I have posted my own phone number on the web many times.....Today, it
doesn't matter. We have caller ID, and for a good reason. We don't pick up
on about 80% of the calls we get. I am finding that many of the cell phone
calls I get are also spam calls, too. It won't be long before this device
becomes as useless as the regular, "wired" telephone.....Already I am
keeping it on silent, or, "vibrate" mode most of the time.

I am: William E. Graham, 237 Turnage Street, NW, Salem, Oregon, 97304. And
My telephone number is 503-589-4347. We turn it off at night, and only
answer calls from those we know.

Old April 16th 08, 04:20 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

: "Professor" wrote in message
: news:u1XMj.13829$DD2.7625@trndny04...
: "cybercat" wrote in message
: om...
:
: "William Graham" wrote:
:
[...]

This is commendable.....I only wish I was wealthy enough to have purchased a
farm when I retired some 12 years ago. I would have many more cats than I
have now. Perhaps I would be able to hire people to help me take care of
them.......Cats require companionship as well as food and water, however,
and I have other hobbies that require my time.....I play the trumpet in
several of the local bands. Cats are also territorial, and I already have
some problems with the 5 cats that I have now......Although my property is
large enough for them, I don't think I could get any more cats and still be
able to keep the peace. We have three females and two males, and even though
they are all neutered, they sometimes fight with one another over territory
and my wife's attention.