Lucky and his Lady

Old September 7th 03, 05:04 AM
Marina

Default Lucky and his Lady

"CATherine" wrote
Many years ago, a lady acquired a young Husky-chow. They very quickly
bonded.

snipped for length

What a lovely story. Thank you, Catherine. I hope the two have a while yet
to spend with each other.

--
Marina

Old September 7th 03, 01:31 PM
JBHajos

On 7 Sep 2003 02:48:57 GMT, CATherine
wrote:

Lucky is old now and the vet says he hasn't long to live. But that is
ok; the lady doesn't have long to live, either. I don't know which one
will go first; but the other won't be far behind. Their love is such
that neither could continue alone.

What a beautiful bittersweet story. Thank you for sharing. Our
heartfelt best wishes to the lady and her family, and caring thoughts
for Lucky.

Jeanne
P.S. I'm getting almost afraid to open the NG these days. Buckets of
tears shed the past couple weeks for so many.
Old September 7th 03, 02:16 PM
L. Kelly

"CATherine" wrote in message
| Many years ago, a lady acquired a young Husky-chow. They very quickly
| bonded. The lady has MS and spends her time in an electric wheelchair.
| Lucky learned to watch his feet as he accompanied his lady on walks.
|
| One day the lady had to go the corner market and left Lucky chained in
| the backyard. As she wheeled along the sidewalk, a mean dog attacked
| her, biting and tried to drag her out of her chair. Lucky saw this and
| went berserk. He broke his chain and went to protect his lady. He
| attacked the dog and drove it off. He received lots of loving and from
| then on, he made it his business to take care of his lady.
|
| When he gets to come in the house, he sniffs all over the lady,
| unerringly licking a sore shoulder or other body part not up to par.
| Then he lies on the bed with her and they both take a nap. With that
| protection, then Papa can leave to run errands.
|
| Sometimes the lady feels too bad to go outside with her son to play
| with Lucky. Then she sits at the window and speaks to him. He will
| play awhile and then come to the window and they will speak to each
| other and then Lucky will go back to playing satisfied his lady is ok.
|
| A few times the lady has had an attack of her illness and had to call
| the ambulance. Each time Lucky knows she is ill and breaks his chain
| and tries to get in the ambulance with her. The family has to hold him
| close and reassure him. When the lady comes home Lucky comes in and
| spends the evening with her, letting everyone know he is on the job
| protecting her.
|
| Lucky is old now and the vet says he hasn't long to live. But that is
| ok; the lady doesn't have long to live, either. I don't know which one
| will go first; but the other won't be far behind. Their love is such
| that neither could continue alone. I truly believe this dog was sent
| by Heaven to take care of this special lady. No matter how ill she is
| she is always thinking of others and providing help and inspiration.
|
| CATherine

What a lovely, touching and bittersweet story. It made me cry.

It also brought back memories of Smokey...a cat I had when I was a child. He was just as
devoted as Lucky and would walk me to the bus in the morning and be waiting for me upon
my return.

Best wishes for Lucky and his lady. And thank you for posting this.
--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*
Homepage:
http://members.shaw.ca/sewfinefashions/
See my boys: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/papavince_29/

Old September 7th 03, 06:27 PM
polonca12000

I do hope they stay together for a very long time, despite what the doctors
and vets say,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"CATherine" wrote in message
Many years ago, a lady acquired a young Husky-chow. They very quickly
bonded. The lady has MS and spends her time in an electric wheelchair.
Lucky learned to watch his feet as he accompanied his lady on walks.

snip

Old September 8th 03, 11:56 PM
Hazel Az

What a wonderful story! Purrs and prayers to them both that they will never
have to be without each other.

We hope they make it through Christmas too.

Hazel Az

Old September 9th 03, 10:17 AM
polonca12000

Oh, that's too bad. Hopes, purrs and best wishes for the two of them to be
reunited soonest,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"CATherine" wrote in message
snip She
has a terrible infection and the hospital is using major precautions
about visitors; so Lucky is not allowed to visit her like he did the
last time she was in. But he got to talk on the phone with her! :-)

Old September 10th 03, 06:29 AM
LOL

CATherine wrote in message . ..
Many years ago, a lady acquired a young Husky-chow. They very quickly
bonded. The lady has MS and spends her time in an electric wheelchair.
Lucky learned to watch his feet as he accompanied his lady on walks.

(snipped lovely story)

CATherine

What a sweet story. We are sending longevity purrs to Lucky and his
lady, and are hoping they have a very long time together still.

------
Krista