identity crisis

Old July 20th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default identity crisis

On Jul 20, 9:48*am, Susan M wrote:

Our city expressly forbids the keeping of chickens - and is one of the
few municipalities in Canada to do so. *

That's sad- I don't have a garden or I would consider keeping
chickens- when I was a kid our next door but one neighbour did have
chickens, quite a few and to this day I can still remember the taste
of a warm, free range, freshly laid egg......oneof the best tastes in
the World. When we first moved here, there was a guy who used to drink
in one pub and he had chickens on his allotment and he supplemented
his pension by selling the eggs to the pub. This pub was a complete
dive- rumour had it the toilets hadn't been cleaned since Queen
Victoria came to the throne! But the landlord was happy to sell the
eggs on because they were divine and a lot of people (Myself included)
would just have to get some of those eggs so yes we'd go in, have a
pint, buy our eggs and leave (Few other things could have got me over
the threshold of that place! It stunk of cigarettes...remember I have
a bad sense of smell and smoke myself so when I say it stunk....IT
STUNK!) they were enormous and not very expensive and boy! They were
good!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs