Before commercial cat food.....

Old September 26th 03, 05:44 PM
Philip ®

In om,
Liz being of bellicose mind posted:
I also remember the late 50's
and early 60's before we knew that rancid pet food would kill
so many cats. Fortunately a wonder drug came along and saved
literally millions of cats from dying of ingesting rancid fats.

Yup. ..but the fanatics don't want to know about that because
it conflicts with their agenda...

From what I understand of the above paragraph written by Steve,
*rancid pet food* would kill lots of cats. PET FOOD. This thread is
talking about table scraps and fresh food. So, Phil, how did you
relate one to the other? In your understanding, is PET FOOD
different from COMMERCIAL CAT FOOD? I understand they are the same.

Do you recall that Garfield cartoon where Garfield is caught in the
kitchen late at night swapping the labels on his cans of Cat Food
with the labels on his owner's (can't recall the fellow's name) cans
of people grade tuna?

The dialog line read: So THAT's the reason for the zesty new taste
of my tuna casseroles!!
--

~~Philip

"Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"

Old September 26th 03, 06:25 PM
rrb_091903

Steve Crane wrote:
"Phil P." wrote in message ...

"Steve Crane" wrote in message
.com...

Yes I was kind of hoping somebody would ask what that godsend was the
stopped hundreds of thousands of cats dying in less than a year and
turned what was once the most common cause of sick cats into a rarity,
but nobody seems interested. Ancient history I guess.

Hello. Ok, I'll bite (so to speak). Inquiring minds want to know - or at
least I do - what was it that saved the cats, and what were they dying from?

rrb

Old September 26th 03, 07:48 PM
Karen M.

Steve Crane wrote:

"Phil P." wrote in message ...

"Steve Crane" wrote in message
.com...

Yes I was kind of hoping somebody would ask what that godsend was the
stopped hundreds of thousands of cats dying in less than a year and
turned what was once the most common cause of sick cats into a rarity,
but nobody seems interested. Ancient history I guess.

I think we all know the answer, why bother to ask and give you two more
ammo to spout off again and start yet another round and round argument?

Old September 26th 03, 08:18 PM
Phil P.

"Liz" wrote in message
om...
I also remember the late 50's
and early 60's before we knew that rancid pet food would kill so many
cats. Fortunately a wonder drug came along and saved literally
millions of cats from dying of ingesting rancid fats.

Yup. ..but the fanatics don't want to know about that because it

conflicts
with their agenda...

From what I understand of the above paragraph written by Steve,
*rancid pet food* would kill lots of cats. PET FOOD.

Congratulations! At least you got that part right! LOL!

This thread is
talking about table scraps and fresh food. So, Phil, how did you
relate one to the other?

ROTFL! I wasn't relating one to the other! Nowhere in Steve's or my posts
was any relation made between table scraps and fresh food and pet foods...
How did you conjure up the absurd notion that I was? LOL!

I was *clearly* commenting on Steve's statement pertaining to *pet
food*.... which *you* even quoted! ROTFL!

nonsense snipped