Tattle tale keeps cat off glass table

Old January 14th 05, 05:23 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-14, Barb penned:
Bought a little alarm through a catalog- I've seen these in a couple of
catalogs- and it works! My two older cats never go on the glass top coffee
table or the glass top table by the mirrored wall. They are allowed
everyplace else. But the baby (2 years old) keeps going on one of the
tables and leaving paw prints. Bought the alarm called a "Tattle Tale" and
it actually worked for us!

I don't understand. Why would an alarm clock keep cats off the table? Does
it tick and vibrate, or something?

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 14th 05, 05:30 PM
Cat Protector

He said alarm not alarm clock. I wonder if this thing has a motion senser so
when the cat gets on the counter it sets it off.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

Old January 14th 05, 05:32 PM
Barb

Default Tattle tale keeps cat off glass table

Bought a little alarm through a catalog- I've seen these in a couple of
catalogs- and it works! My two older cats never go on the glass top coffee
table or the glass top table by the mirrored wall. They are allowed
everyplace else. But the baby (2 years old) keeps going on one of the
tables and leaving paw prints. Bought the alarm called a "Tattle Tale" and
it actually worked for us!

Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

Old January 14th 05, 05:35 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

On 2005-01-14, Barb penned:
Bought a little alarm through a catalog- I've seen these in a couple of
catalogs- and it works! My two older cats never go on the glass top coffee
table or the glass top table by the mirrored wall. They are allowed
everyplace else. But the baby (2 years old) keeps going on one of the
tables and leaving paw prints. Bought the alarm called a "Tattle Tale" and
it actually worked for us!

I don't understand. Why would an alarm clock keep cats off the table? Does
it tick and vibrate, or something?

She didn't say "alarm clock." She said "alarm."

A coworker just saw a picture of my kitten on the dining table (well
after meals) and remarked that "that shouldn't be allowed." Another
coworker and I broke into hysterical laughter.

Priscilla
Old January 14th 05, 06:10 PM
Phil P.

On 2005-01-14, Barb penned:
Bought a little alarm through a catalog- I've seen these in a couple of
catalogs- and it works! My two older cats never go on the glass top

coffee
table or the glass top table by the mirrored wall. They are allowed
everyplace else. But the baby (2 years old) keeps going on one of the
tables and leaving paw prints. Bought the alarm called a "Tattle Tale"

and
it actually worked for us!

I don't understand. Why would an alarm clock keep cats off the table?

Does
it tick and vibrate, or something?

It detects vibrations and sounds an alarm.

I like this type of trainer because the cat associates the sound with her
behavior at the instant of occurrence - not after or with you.

Another good feature of this type of trainer is the "correction" occurs
whether you're present or not. So, the cat won't associate the correction
only with your presence.

Phil.

--
Are cats lazy? Well, more power to them if they are.
Which one of us has not entertained the dream of doing just as he likes,

Old January 14th 05, 06:19 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-14, Phil P. penned:

It detects vibrations and sounds an alarm.

I like this type of trainer because the cat associates the sound with her
behavior at the instant of occurrence - not after or with you.

Another good feature of this type of trainer is the "correction" occurs
whether you're present or not. So, the cat won't associate the correction
only with your presence.

Ah. Yeah, it does sound good. I wonder if I could glue it to an upright
mirror so Oscar wouldn't paw them? It would be nice to be able to see my full
self before I go to work in the morning.

Of course, if I used the alarm, I'd just hear an alarm going all night instead
of "only" the bouncing of the mirror ...

Old January 14th 05, 06:51 PM
Phil P.

On 2005-01-14, Phil P. penned:

It detects vibrations and sounds an alarm.

I like this type of trainer because the cat associates the sound with

her
behavior at the instant of occurrence - not after or with you.

Another good feature of this type of trainer is the "correction" occurs
whether you're present or not. So, the cat won't associate the

correction
only with your presence.

Ah. Yeah, it does sound good. I wonder if I could glue it to an upright
mirror so Oscar wouldn't paw them? It would be nice to be able to see my

full
self before I go to work in the morning.

Of course, if I used the alarm, I'd just hear an alarm going all night

instead
of "only" the bouncing of the mirror ...

I don't know if my cats are well trained or if I am. They don't do anything
I don't like... If they knock something over I say I'm sorry for putting
something in their way! LOL!

Phil
--
"Cat people are different, to the extent that they
generally are not conformists.

Old January 14th 05, 07:02 PM
ceb

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in
:

Ah. Yeah, it does sound good. I wonder if I could glue it to an upright
mirror so Oscar wouldn't paw them?

But wait, the mirror/glass pawing thing is so cute!!

--Catherine
& Rosalie the calico, who will occasionally raise a dainty paw to the tv
Old January 14th 05, 09:05 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-14, ceb penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in
:

Ah. Yeah, it does sound good. I wonder if I could glue it to an upright
mirror so Oscar wouldn't paw them?

But wait, the mirror/glass pawing thing is so cute!!

Yes, especially when it continues *all night long*!

Our mirrors are all still packed, and the mirrors built in the vanity have
been blocked by boxes so that Oscar won't jump up. Sigh.