Ping: Tweed - your arm

Old October 18th 12, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Tweed - your arm

"MatSav" wrote in message
..

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm offering advice. Fortunately, I
haven't had the same surgery..

--

It's OK now. I'm off the codeine and not quite so weird ;-)
It's a very strange drug. When I was in hospital with my broken ankle a

No, she was off her head on codeine (that she was given) and when they took
her off it she was fine.
I hear tell from my Scottish friends that codeine is the drug to have in
Glasgow if you can't get the big stuff.
I can only say that it's a good painkiller if you have an operation but you
aren't in your right mind if you have hospital doses of it.

Old October 18th 12, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
.. You can be extremely arrogant at times.
--
Adrian
http://community.webshots.com/clowderuk

Yes, I know. It's a fault of mine. The difference between arrogance and
not agreeing is a fine line.

Old October 18th 12, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"MatSav" wrote in message

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm offering advice. Fortunately, I
haven't had the same surgery..

It's OK now. I'm off the codeine and not quite so weird ;-)
It's a very strange drug. When I was in hospital with my broken ankle a
very old lady who'd been given it got her broken leg trapped in the bars of
her bed sides by trying to get up during the night, confused. We all
panicked and pushed our bells but no one came. None of us could walk.
And she actually got told off by the nurse that eventually came. In a severe
voice she said "You are a really naughty lady.."

What a b***h. I know nurses are often overworked and overwhelmed, so if
she can't be bright and perky, fine, I get it. But there's no excuse for
treating someone like that. Naughty for having to use the toilet?? (I
assume that's why the woman tried to get up.)

Also, I can't believe they let you push the bells for so long before
someone finally showed up. Someone could have been dying!

I took codeine once, for a bad cough. But I only took it at night,
because I had to function during the day. I wasn't sick enough to stay
home from work, I just had this lingering cough that wouldn't go away.
It didn't make me get weird - I was probably on a much lower dose -
but when I finished the bottle, it took me several days before I could
fall asleep at night in under 2 hours.

--
Joyce

And for those who are constitutional originalists and worry about
mustering a militia, let's go with what the founding fathers had -
allow them muskets! -- NancyE

Old October 18th 12, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
. You can be extremely arrogant at times.
--
Adrian
http://community.webshots.com/clowderuk

Yes, I know. It's a fault of mine. The difference between arrogance and
not agreeing is a fine line.

Arrogance + codeine = don't take anything you say too much to heart.

Actually, you don't strike me as arrogant. Stubborn sometimes, but that's
not nearly as obnoxious.

Old October 19th 12, 08:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"MatSav" wrote in message

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm offering advice.
Fortunately, I
haven't had the same surgery..

It's OK now. I'm off the codeine and not quite so weird ;-)

No offence taken. How's Boyfie? :-)

I took codeine once, ...
It didn't make me get weird - I was probably on a much lower
dose -
but when I finished the bottle, it took me several days before
I could
fall asleep at night in under 2 hours.

Codeine is addictive. Over-the-counter medication (that is, in
the UK, available from a pharmacy without a prescription)
containing codeine comes with a warning that it should *not* be
taken for more than three continuous days.

--
MatSav

Old October 19th 12, 09:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

MatSav wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"MatSav" wrote in message

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm offering advice.
Fortunately, I
haven't had the same surgery..

It's OK now. I'm off the codeine and not quite so weird ;-)

No offence taken. How's Boyfie? :-)

I took codeine once, ...
It didn't make me get weird - I was probably on a much lower
dose -
but when I finished the bottle, it took me several days before
I could
fall asleep at night in under 2 hours.

Codeine is addictive. Over-the-counter medication (that is, in
the UK, available from a pharmacy without a prescription)
containing codeine comes with a warning that it should *not* be
taken for more than three continuous days.

Yeah, I'm sure that's why I had a hard time falling asleep without
it, for a few days. In the time I was taking it, maybe a week or 10
days, my body became used to having the drug to help me get to sleep.
Scary how quickly that happened.

--
Joyce

A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
-- Leo Rosten
Old October 19th 12, 10:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I took codeine once, ... It didn't make me get weird - I was
probably on a much lower dose - but when I finished the bottle,
it took me several days before I could fall asleep at night in
under 2 hours.

Codeine is addictive. Over-the-counter medication (that is, in
the UK, available from a pharmacy without a prescription)
containing codeine comes with a warning that it should *not* be
taken for more than three continuous days.

Recent research has found that people vary a lot in the way they
metabolize codeine - it isn't the codeine itself that has most
of the painkilling effect, but one of its metabolites. So some
people can take large quantities of it and have it do nothing, or
mainly get the toxic side effects. It doesn't have much useful
effect on me.

Old October 19th 12, 11:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Friday, October 19, 2012 5:32:50 AM UTC-4, Jack Campin wrote:
Codeine is addictive. Over-the-counter medication (that is, in the UK, available from a pharmacy without a prescription) containing codeine comes with a warning that it should *not* be taken for more than three continuous days. Recent research has found that people vary a lot in the way they metabolize codeine - it isn't the codeine itself that has most of the painkilling effect, but one of its metabolites. So some people can take large quantities of it and have it do nothing, or mainly get the toxic side effects. It doesn't have much useful effect on me.

A long time ago, I had gotten cough syrup with codeine from the doctor for a bad case of flu and bronchitis. Apparently codeine keeps me awake! I didn't sleep for 4 days, and got pneumonia, before we realized this and got a different cough syrup. Oh my, those were fun days. Imagine calling the doctor and saying, 'I'm coughing up blood. Should I be worried?'

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old October 19th 12, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Some years ago I took a tylanol/codeine pill for pain after a procedure.
It worked but I only took it once. The worst side effect was
constipation.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old October 20th 12, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"MatSav" wrote in message

[...]

Exactly.
------
I had the best care ever last week. Ever.

It was pretty awful with my broken leg in a different hospital. None of us
could get out of bed to pee or poo, our legs or hips were broken, needed
help. which was not forthcoming.
Luckily I have a pretty good bladder but some who didn't had to wet or soil
their beds. Then they got told off for doing it, even though they'd pressed
their bells and no one came.
Some of the nurses were racist too.
A very elderly Indian woman next to me was pretty well ignored when she
tried to say she need the toilet because she could not speak English. So of
course, she wet the bed.
She was told off. One nurse told her she needed to learn English, FGS, she
was 80+
If I could understand she needed the toilet, so could they.

Toileting patients was a real problem there. Not time enough perhaps - but
I was not toileted suffiently either. Imagine wanting to wee for hours
until you almost burst and you can't get to a toilet on your own.

ping tweed Stormmee Cat anecdotes 2 April 29th 08 02:05 AM
Ping Tweed: [email protected] Cat anecdotes 1 April 23rd 08 11:38 PM
Ping Tweed CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 June 25th 05 05:19 AM
Ping Tweed 2 HRFLTiger Cat anecdotes 6 May 1st 05 12:00 AM