I have to stay in for the moment

Old October 20th 12, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Default I have to stay in for the moment

Judith Latham wrote:
In article
,
Adrian wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
Because of my arm. I watch daytime TV, and read. If you want to
scare yourself read Swimsuit by James Patterson. I am still reading
it although it might give me nightmares yet

How can Deaver/Patterson imagine these things?

Doesn't daytime tv scare you? Jeremy Kyle for instance?

Haha.! Just like my ex-job. I was a bit like him, still am. Tell it
like it is.

I haven't read that book. I love a good scary story and write them
myself. I don't have nightmares if I read or write scary stuff.

Try it if you get a chance,

h to scare me. I always have weird dreams and
always have done. In one I dreamt that the floor under the top of the
bed had turned to rubber and was bending into a big hole. DH woke up
to find himself on his knees on the foot of the bed. I'd managed to
get him there while I was asleep, I was saving him you see. Now
there's no way I could move him in normal life, he's six foot 2
inches and.. how can I put it... more than a little overweight. As
I told him when he declared he lives with a mad woman, at least it
shows him I love him enough to save him. Judging by his grunt, I
don't think he thought that to be an asset.

That's a minor nightmare -)

Read some of Deaver or Patterson. I have no idea how they think it up
to write it. Where does it come from in their minds?

You would probably like the book I'm reading at the moment, Paw Tracks
by Denis 0'Connor. It's his autobiography which has recently been
published.

I'm reading it at the moment as is my best friend. We've both read his two
other cat books too. It's sad that he had such an unhappy childhood. I
think his grandmother is lovely though.

I also love the Chris Pascoe books about his cat Brum and Deric Longden's
books. Older books that I've enjoyed are by Doreen Tovey and Derek Tangye.

Judith

I can hardly believe how nasty his father was. :-( The other books you
mention we're all good, do you remember Deric Longden's book in which his
mother bought her cat a new bread bin to sleep in?

--
Adrian http://community.webshots.com/clowderuk
Old October 20th 12, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Because of my arm. I watch daytime TV, and read. If you want to scare
yourself read Swimsuit by James Patterson.
I am still reading it although it might give me nightmares yet

How can Deaver/Patterson imagine these things?

~~~~~~~~~~
If you want to read a truly delightful book, get "Paw Tracks in the
Moonlight," by Denis O'Connor. I found it when you recommended "Paw
Tracks at Owl Cottage." I read "Moonlight" first because it is the
precursor to "Owl Cottage." "Moonlight" is the story of O'Connor's
beloved cat, Toby Jug, the cat that is frequently mentioned in
"Moonlight." I intended to post a "thank you" for your suggestion and
never got around to it. So, this is both a suggestion if you have not
read both books and and also a belated--but heartfelt--thank you! I have
read both books. I enjoyed both of them but especially "Moonlight."

I get my books from the local library and Moonlight has not appeared there
yet. I'm glad I introduced you to Denis O'Connor's delightful books.

I hope your arm is mending well.

Much better than I expected. I get the stitches out on Tuesday. I was very
afraid that it would be like my shoulder op that was agonising for months.
It isn't.
Yes I did have to do the codeine for a few days but although it still hurts
a bit I am not on painkillers now.
I won't look back at whatever I said when I'd had a general anaesthetic and
was on codeine in case I wish I hadn't.
Sorry if I said anything out of order to anyone. I probably did.

Tweed

Old October 20th 12, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

I've just done a search of Leicester city libraries and all three of Denis
O'Connor's books are available, maybe your branch can get the other books
from another branch.
Old October 20th 12, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

yes,but I'll have to pay for them if I ask.
I'm living on my savings atm.

Old October 20th 12, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Because of my arm. I watch daytime TV, and read. If you want
to scare yourself read Swimsuit by James Patterson. [...]
How can Deaver/Patterson imagine these things?

Patterson isn't an author, it's a brand.

The question is how could the ghostwriter for that one come up with it.

(I've just finished Simon Beckett's "The Chemistry of Death", which has
among other things a lot of "offscreen" animal mutilations in it - but
it's VERY well written, with terrific characterizations and descriptions
of the place it's set. For UK-ers, imagine "The Archers" with serial
killings).

Old October 20th 12, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
Because of my arm. I watch daytime TV, and read. If you want
to scare yourself read Swimsuit by James Patterson. [...]
How can Deaver/Patterson imagine these things?

Patterson isn't an author, it's a brand.

Well he did very well to scare me half to death with his book.
So who writes them then??
I'm interested to know.

Old October 21st 12, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
Because of my arm. I watch daytime TV, and read. If you want
to scare yourself read Swimsuit by James Patterson. [...]
How can Deaver/Patterson imagine these things?

Patterson isn't an author, it's a brand.

Well he did very well to scare me half to death with his book.
So who writes them then??
I'm interested to know.

Yes, he's an author. He now seems to co-author books with other people.
(Lots of authors are doing that now, I have no idea why.) Sure, he's turned
himself into a "brand"; a household name. I say more power to him!

I looked for 'Swimsuit' when I was at the library on the island... they didn’t
have that one but I picked up 'Pop Goes the Weasel'. I may have already
read this, I'm not sure. I read so much it is hard to keep up

Jill

Old October 21st 12, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I read a lot too. I walked to the library yesterday and amongst anothers, I
got two more James Patterson books. Tick Tock, and the Christmas Wedding
(both co-authored.)
It's a 15 minutes each way walk, which will do me good. I can officially
drive tomorrow. My surgeon says so ;-)

I was supposed to have my stitches out tomorrow at my local doctor's
surgery, but they could not fit me in, so it will be Tuesday. I could have
taken out the hand stitches myself (as I have a sterile suture-removing kit
from my vet) but I can't do the elbow ones.
I had to get a letter from the hospital within 48 hours of my op to my
doctor to say I needed my stitches taken out by their nurse on 22/10, which
I did, so why didn't they have an appointment for me to take up on that
day?
The first time I phoned, I was told to phone back tomorrow. So I did.
Suddenly lots of people phoned before I did to have their stitches taken out
that day. Yeah, right.
It's not that important to have my stitches out Monday or Tuesday. What's
important is that I suspect more than strongly that the receptionist lied.
They had a clear indication from the hospital that I needed an appointment
on that day and had 9 days notice to give me a space. And didn't.
I might mention it tomorrow ;-)

Tweed

"stay away" ken Cat health & behaviour 42 July 10th 05 10:48 AM
"stay away" ken Cat anecdotes 38 January 10th 05 09:37 PM
"stay away" ken Cats - misc 35 January 10th 05 09:37 PM
stay away ken Cat health & behaviour 1 December 17th 04 12:53 AM