Boyfie makes me laugh

Old October 21st 12, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie makes me laugh

It's 9.30 pm and he decides it's time for a patrol. He didn't realise it
was raining.
I opened the door, he rushed out and a megasecond later raced back in like
the raindrops were scalding him.
Then he went to the cupboard where I keep his dry food for his 10 pm
"sprinkle" and sniffed at the door.
"That's what I really meant to do.."
Gotta love him, saving face ;-)

Tweed

Old October 22nd 12, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
It's 9.30 pm and he decides it's time for a patrol. He didn't realise
it was raining. I opened the door, he rushed out and a megasecond later
raced back in like the raindrops were scalding him. Then he went to the
cupboard where I keep his dry food for his 10 pm "sprinkle" and sniffed
at the door. "That's what I really meant to do.." Gotta love him, saving
face ;-)

Tweed

Not bad for a new plan.

Judith

When I went to the library I got a book called "What your cat wants"
subtitled 7 key skills of a perfect cat owner, by Francesca Riccomini.
I'm glad to know that I'm doing not too badly, but it explained very well
why Boyfie starts grooming himself when he sees a big rat in the garden.
Grooming in such a situation is apparently a sign of emotional conflict.
I go with that - he likes to catch rats, but he isn't brave enough to tackle
the big ones and I don't want him to, either - they have teeth like chisels
that can chew through concrete. They even chew up the terriers, but terriers
when they are fired up don't seem to mind, they seem impervious to it. They
can be streaming with blood but still keep on. I was laughed at one day by
the terrier men when they were rat hunting here one day, as one of the dogs
got her nose bitten so badly by a massive rat that I insisted on dabbing her
nose with antiseptic. They didn't see a need for it, but I did, so in the
interest of being allowed here again, they agreed.

I have to make sure Boyfie is inside the house before they arrive otherwise
they would kill him-they kill anything they can catch.

Boyfie makes his contribution by catching some of the baby ones to stop them
growing up. When you have poultry or pigs, you always get the ratties.
I prefer not to use poison. I used to but after I saw a rat dying very
slowly of it, an instant departure via the terriers seems much kinder, so
that's the way I go now. Snap, gone.
Tweed

Old October 22nd 12, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 21:51:53 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
It's 9.30 pm and he decides it's time for a patrol. He didn't realise it
was raining.
I opened the door, he rushed out and a megasecond later raced back in like
the raindrops were scalding him.
Then he went to the cupboard where I keep his dry food for his 10 pm
"sprinkle" and sniffed at the door.
"That's what I really meant to do.."
Gotta love him, saving face ;-)

Tweed

Boyfriend's so cute. Isn't he cute? I think that's the right word for him -
cute.
Old October 22nd 12, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
It's 9.30 pm and he decides it's time for a patrol. He didn't realise it
was raining.
I opened the door, he rushed out and a megasecond later raced back in like
the raindrops were scalding him.
Then he went to the cupboard where I keep his dry food for his 10 pm
"sprinkle" and sniffed at the door.
"That's what I really meant to do.."
Gotta love him, saving face ;-)

Tweed

Boyfriend's so cute. Isn't he cute? I think that's the right word for
him -
cute.

Cute here means looks like a baby or something that you might say "aww" to.
Is that what you mean by cute?

Old October 22nd 12, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:
It's 9.30 pm and he decides it's time for a patrol. He didn't realise it
was raining.
I opened the door, he rushed out and a megasecond later raced back in like
the raindrops were scalding him.
Then he went to the cupboard where I keep his dry food for his 10 pm
"sprinkle" and sniffed at the door.
"That's what I really meant to do.."
Gotta love him, saving face ;-)

Tweed

Boyfriend's so cute. Isn't he cute? I think that's the right word for
him -
cute.

Cute here means looks like a baby or something that you might say "aww" to.
Is that what you mean by cute?

I'm not sure what Tak meant, exactly, but "cute" means the same thing to
me. Something I can say "awww" to. For me, that means a face covered with
fur.

--
Joyce

Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living
creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of
worthless human lives. -- Albert Schweitzer
Old October 22nd 12, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

OK, he is cute ;-)
Delightful even. I never had such a wonderful cat. He is so charming and
wouldn't even think about scratching me, ever. He's had the chance to do so
when I catch him to go to TED
but he would rather faint with fright than touch me with a claw.
He did faint at the vet's twice. He was so scared but he managed to stay up
when he went there with Tigger every time.