OT Don Knotts passes away

Old February 26th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT Don Knotts passes away

Another film icon passes over the bridge. May he find peace
a moment of silence

http://www.local6.com/entertainment/7447953/detail.html

Old February 26th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 00:16:16 +0000, NMR wrote:

Another film icon passes over the bridge. May he find peace
a moment of silence

http://www.local6.com/entertainment/7447953/detail.html

"....Rise up slowly, Don, it's hard to let you go..." I enjoyed his
work recently in Ben Matlock re-runs. MLB
Old February 26th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"NMR" wrote in message
. ..
Another film icon passes over the bridge. May he find peace
a moment of silence

http://www.local6.com/entertainment/7447953/detail.html

And still another film star left us. One of my favourite all-round actors,
Darren McGavin, died on Saturday of natural causes at age 83. According to
this write-up (link below), 'He lacked the prominence in films that he
enjoyed in television, but he registered strongly in featured roles such as
the young artist in Venice in "Summertime," David Lean's 1955 film with
Katharine Hepburn and Rosanno Brazzi; Frank Sinatra's crafty drug supplier
in "The Man with the Golden Arm" (1955); Jerry Lewis's parole officer in
"The Delicate Delinquent"
(1957); and the gambler in 1984's "The Natural."'

I remember him best in the short-lived 1970s TV series "Kolchak: The Night
Stalker" which I've only seen on DVD, but mostly as one of the most
compelling audiobook readers I've ever heard. If you can get his taped
performances in the audio versions of the John D. MacDonald novels playing
Travis McGee, you'll hear what I mean.

http://www.nbc6.net/entertainment/7466191/detail.html