Oh for some sleep!

Old July 1st 06, 09:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sandra

Default Oh for some sleep!

Here in UK it has been a bit hot of late. Now living in a modern house, it
is rather too well insulated for this weather! Normally this has not been a
problem, but now we have Memphis and Phoenix we have to have the windows
shut or on a close latch.

Last night was too hot, even though we had a fan on, so I risked having the
bedroom window open (behind a night blind and curtain). I didn't bank on a
crane fly getting into the room, fluttering so temptingly around the
ceiling. The two cats were just gasping to get at it, I feared for my skin
with them leaping about (and no covers on the bed!) Eventually, Phoenix
launched himself at the window and I gave up the idea of it being open.
This is the same cat I found on the outside of our bathroom window the other
day, (the door had been pushed open) trying to reverse back in, only stopped
by Memphis sat on the inside sill, blocking the open window!

At 3:50am they decided to have a fight. Could they take it downstairs? Of
course not. They had to do it under the bed where I had no chance of being
able to grab them! Eventually, I managed to throw them out of the bedroom an
hour later.

At 6am, Hubby got up to go to a car boot sale.
At 6:10, his alarm went off. At 6:20 it went off again and I nearly threw it
out the by now open window.
At 6:15 Mamphis started whingeing outside the bedroom door....
At 8am Hubby returned to bed.
At 8:25 a friend rang to ask if the boot sale was any good (it wasn't)
8:26 I gave up!
Nothing for it but to have a siesta this afternoon (while the football is
on)!
Good job the World Cup is about as interesting to me as watching paint dry!

sandra

Old July 1st 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin

"sandra" wrote in
:

[...]

snip

sandra

Can't you put screens in your windows like we do in Canada (mosquito and
gnat heaven)? I have the windows wide open, Sonny sleeps on the sill
and can't get out.

Bobble

Old July 1st 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sandra

The only screens I have seen here are so fragile they would be ripped to
shreds! As we are planning to move at the end of the summer, we will make do
without.

sandra

Old July 1st 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 09:08:29 +0100, "sandra"
wrote:

[...]

Hi Sandra,

I have used a pressure baby gate on a couple of my windows (this was
after the guys shredded the screen!) and it has worked well. At least
it would let some air in, even if it did look a bit odd!

Mishi
Old July 1st 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Are any of your windows are the right size to hold a box fan without enough
space on either side for a cat to slip through? If so, put one of them in a
window and have it blowing into the room. The fans themselves are dirt
cheap.

Old July 1st 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sandra

Not really possible, our windows are all double glazed, and not the right
size. Not to mention it would ruin my view!
Believe me, in the UK this is not usually a problem! Our summer lasts about
2 weeks if we are lucky!

sandra

Old July 1st 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

sandra wrote:

[...]

Lots and lots of sleeping purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old July 1st 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"sandra" wrote in message
[...]

I had to smile, sorry. I could just imagine it!
I have said before, and I will say again, keep your cats out of your bedroom
if you want a good night's sleep. My bedroom is the one room in the house
that my cats are not allowed in (used to be all of upstairs but that rule
has relaxed since KFC & Boyfie accidentally discovered the spare bedroom
with the comfy double bed..)
There are plenty of nice places my kitties can sleep in/on overnight without
them having to be in my bedroom.

Tweed

Old July 1st 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
H. Adam Stevens

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

keep your cats out of your bedroom
if you want a good night's sleep. My bedroom is the one room in the house
that my cats are not allowed in

There are plenty of nice places my kitties can sleep in/on overnight
without them having to be in my bedroom.

Tweed

Max used to sleep in the crook of my arm; His head on my shoulder; His
forepaws around my arm.

Move too early and the claws came out: BE STILL!

Then the FluffyTail(TM) would flail about in perfect joy.

I love sleeping with cats.

Cheers
H.

Old July 2nd 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-01, sandra penned:

At 6am, Hubby got up to go to a car boot sale. At 6:10, his alarm
went off. At 6:20 it went off again and I nearly threw it out the by
now open window. At 6:15 Mamphis started whingeing outside the
bedroom door.... At 8am Hubby returned to bed. At 8:25 a friend
rang to ask if the boot sale was any good (it wasn't) 8:26 I gave
up! Nothing for it but to have a siesta this afternoon (while the
football is on)! Good job the World Cup is about as interesting to
me as watching paint dry!

Believe me, I feel your pain. Thursday night I met up with some
friends at my work parking lot. Around 10:30pm, I returned to the
parking lot and, before driving home, checked on some stuff that had
been running at work. So left work finally at 11pm.

At 12:30am, DH shouts up from the living room: "Monique, your phone is
ringing -- aren't you POC this week?" (POC = team point of contact;
our team rotates the position on a weekly basis.)

I had been completely asleep, so it took me a while to wake up enough
to understand what was going on. One of our all night support people
had gotten a phone call from a client, and we had to resolve the
issue. I wasn't the only person who had to be woken up that night.
Finally around 2:30, the support person told us that he thought the
issue was under control, and we could go to bed. He'd call us if for
some reason the client still had concerns.

I had a heck of a time getting to sleep after that. I left an email
with my team lead saying that I would be getting to work late ... which
I did, around 10:30, but I was a zombie all day. My co-workers assured
me that I could and should go home, so after checking with my team lead,
I did just that.

Now, about 40 hours after I got to bed Friday morning, I am finally
starting to feel somewhat human.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully