Sleep . . .

Old March 31st 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default Sleep . . .

I have had insomnia in different degrees all my life, and over several
years, learned to have some control over it. I have gotten pretty good at
controlling the kinds of anxiety-producing thoughts I tend to have, and
shutting them out so I can relax. Parents, job, relationsdhips, economics,
politics, the world, etc. I've been pretty successful in shutting them down
so I can get to sleep. Thank goodness I don't have kifd

There just seems to be one kind of thought that I can't do anything about.
And that's worries about my boys. I haven't had a decent night's sleep
since before I took Stink to the vet on Thursday.

If I'm all wrecked from lack of sleep, I can't care properly for the boys.
So a special request for even more purrs-- could I have some relaxing purrs
for the nighttimes, too?

Theresa

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old March 31st 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

[...]

Tonight when you are going to sleep, remind yourself that there are cats
purring all around the world, and people who are awake and caring somewhere.

Then put it away until daytime when your worry might lead to solutions.

Jo

Old March 31st 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Sleeeeeeeeepy soothing purrs on the way.
Have either of you tried drinking some nice chamomile tea before bed?
That helps calm me down before bed and it's nice and sooothing.
Hug
Kyla

"CatNipped"

Old March 31st 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

[...]

Of course you can. I feel for you. I am a bad sleeper myself and what
always makes it worse if I am worried about serious health problems with my
animals (KFC atm, but doesn't seem so long since worrying about CRF &
cancer in my elderly whippets and how I would possibly live with a sane mind
if I lost my beloved Minnie-whippet..)

Tweed

Old March 31st 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Kreisleriana wrote:
I have had insomnia in different degrees all my life, and over several
years, learned to have some control over it. I have gotten pretty
good at controlling the kinds of anxiety-producing thoughts I tend to
have, and shutting them out so I can relax. Parents, job,
relationsdhips, economics, politics, the world, etc. I've been
pretty successful in shutting them down so I can get to sleep. Thank
goodness I don't have kifd
There just seems to be one kind of thought that I can't do anything
about. And that's worries about my boys. I haven't had a decent
night's sleep since before I took Stink to the vet on Thursday.

If I'm all wrecked from lack of sleep, I can't care properly for the
boys. So a special request for even more purrs-- could I have some
relaxing purrs for the nighttimes, too?

Theresa

Absolutely! I've dealt with insomnia for years. Valerian root helps me
relax when I get the feeling my mind just isn't going to shut down long
enough for me to get a decent sleep. Doesn't make me feel groggy in the
morning the way over-the-counter sleep aids do. I get some wacky dreams,
though. (The dreams with melatonin are downright frightening so I avoid
that stuff.)

Jill

Old April 1st 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Kreisleriana wrote:
I have had insomnia in different degrees all my life, and over several
years, learned to have some control over it. I have gotten pretty good at
controlling the kinds of anxiety-producing thoughts I tend to have, and
shutting them out so I can relax. Parents, job, relationsdhips, economics,
politics, the world, etc. I've been pretty successful in shutting them down
so I can get to sleep. Thank goodness I don't have kifd

There just seems to be one kind of thought that I can't do anything about.
And that's worries about my boys. I haven't had a decent night's sleep
since before I took Stink to the vet on Thursday.

If I'm all wrecked from lack of sleep, I can't care properly for the boys.
So a special request for even more purrs-- could I have some relaxing purrs
for the nighttimes, too?

Theresa

Relaxing sleep-inducing purrs on the way.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old April 1st 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

If I'm all wrecked from lack of sleep, I can't care properly for the boys.
So a special request for even more purrs-- could I have some relaxing purrs
for the nighttimes, too?

Relaxing vibes being sent both to you and Stinky. I know exactly how you
feel. He's your heart cat (Frank was mine). {{{{Theresa}}}}

Old April 6th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Kreisleriana wrote:
I have had insomnia in different degrees all my life, and over several
years, learned to have some control over it. I have gotten pretty good at
controlling the kinds of anxiety-producing thoughts I tend to have, and
shutting them out so I can relax. Parents, job, relationsdhips, economics,
politics, the world, etc. I've been pretty successful in shutting them down
so I can get to sleep. Thank goodness I don't have kifd

There just seems to be one kind of thought that I can't do anything about.
And that's worries about my boys. I haven't had a decent night's sleep
since before I took Stink to the vet on Thursday.

If I'm all wrecked from lack of sleep, I can't care properly for the boys.
So a special request for even more purrs-- could I have some relaxing purrs
for the nighttimes, too?

Theresa

Lots and lots of sleeping purrs for you, Theresa, you are doing your
very best for your boys,
Polonca and Soncek