Lost another one.

Old June 19th 15, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Larry Stark

Default Lost another one.

Well lost another furbaby. Prancer got to point where her thyroid got
the best of her. This is 6 in the last 3 years or so. Guess you have
to expect that when all you babies are rescued strays.

http://lestark.webs.com/

Old June 19th 15, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/19/2015 9:38 AM, Larry Stark wrote:

Well lost another furbaby. Prancer got to point where her thyroid got
the best of her. This is 6 in the last 3 years or so. Guess you have
to expect that when all you babies are rescued strays.

I'm very sorry to hear it. Purrs for your broken heart.

Jill

Old June 19th 15, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 6/19/2015 8:38 AM, Larry Stark wrote:

Well lost another furbaby. Prancer got to point where her thyroid got
the best of her. This is 6 in the last 3 years or so. Guess you have
to expect that when all you babies are rescued strays.

http://lestark.webs.com/

I am very sorry to hear this. It is painful to lose one of our
furbabies, and painful beyond belief to lose that many in such a short
period of time.

MaryL

Old June 19th 15, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/19/2015 6:38 AM, Larry Stark wrote:

Well lost another furbaby. Prancer got to point where her thyroid got
the best of her. This is 6 in the last 3 years or so. Guess you have
to expect that when all you babies are rescued strays.

http://lestark.webs.com/

I'm so sorry. It's always hard to lose a loved one, furred or not. I
learned a long time ago that whenever we allow ourselves to love, we are
setting ourselves up to be hurt. However, love is what makes life
worthwhile, so it's just the price we have to pay. That doesn't help
when you're hurting now, but you know you have given her (and the
others) love, safety and happiness they wouldn't have had otherwise.
Old June 19th 15, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On 6/19/2015 6:38 AM, Larry Stark wrote:

Well lost another furbaby. Prancer got to point where her thyroid got
the best of her.

Seems a bad day for losing cats- I'll be wrapping Bonnie and Spirit in cotton wool until midnight

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 22nd 15, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Larry Stark" wrote in message

Well lost another furbaby. Prancer got to point where her thyroid got
the best of her. This is 6 in the last 3 years or so. Guess you have
to expect that when all you babies are rescued strays.

http://lestark.webs.com/

It's true that rescued strays often have health problems but I've taken them
on too. Knowing that. Sorry to hear that she is gone, but without you she
would have probably had a much shorter life. Take some comfort in that, if
you can. You did well by her.
My rescued lurcher not only cost me megabucks at the vets but she had major
behavioural problems too, which is probably why she got dumped in the first
place but we managed it all and lived together successfully for 13 years.
Although after the first month, I nearly took her back, it was worth it in
the end. Rescued cats/dogs have a history that you don't know about. No
health care for certain.

Old June 22nd 15, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

It's true that rescued strays often have health problems but I've taken them
on too. Knowing that. Sorry to hear that she is gone, but without you she
would have probably had a much shorter life. Take some comfort in that, if
you can. You did well by her.
My rescued lurcher not only cost me megabucks at the vets but she had major
behavioural problems too, which is probably why she got dumped in the first
place but we managed it all and lived together successfully for 13 years.
Although after the first month, I nearly took her back, it was worth it in
the end. Rescued cats/dogs have a history that you don't know about. No
health care for certain.

I guess I have been lucky. Every cat I have had in my entire life has
been rescued. The only "exception" was my first cat, and he was feral.
The reason I called him a rescue is that my neighbor offered him to
me, and we trapped him. All of my cats have had exceptionally good
health and have become wonderful companions. The least amount of years
that any of them lived (of those now at RB) was 16 years.

I have photo albums of several of my furbabies. Here are some of them.
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly(RB): http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Selina: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24419867
Nikki: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24540641

MaryL

Old June 23rd 15, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Larry Stark

On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 14:00:57 -0500, MaryL

[...]

Pretty cats all of them!!!

Old June 23rd 15, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 6/23/2015 10:25 AM, Larry Stark wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 14:00:57 -0500, MaryL

I guess I have been lucky. Every cat I have had in my entire life has
been rescued. The only "exception" was my first cat, and he was feral.
The reason I called him a rescue is that my neighbor offered him to
me, and we trapped him. All of my cats have had exceptionally good
health and have become wonderful companions. The least amount of years
that any of them lived (of those now at RB) was 16 years.

I have photo albums of several of my furbabies. Here are some of them.
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly(RB): http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Selina: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24419867
Nikki: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24540641

MaryL

Pretty cats all of them!!!

Thanks. And they are all very special cats, too.

MaryL

Old June 26th 15, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

Boyfie never had health problems, but he came here himself. Every dog I
every adopted from a shelter got some illness from there and cost lots of
money to put right. But once you've got them you have to do it. Plus
accept their behaviour problems that sent them there in the first place.
Trim was one of the most difficult dogs I ever had. Take your eyes off her
for a moment when she claimed needing a wee in the garden, and she'd be off
over the fence. I spent many hours looking for her. When I found her,
she'd been into every bin she could find and was bloated. I used to make
her vomit when she came home (secret recipe) and luckily I did as once she
was full of string from a turkey carcase.
I stopped her going out in the garden without me.

She was not easy but she was well up for "look at my mummy funny and I'll
be up at your throat"
and she did it once. She was not wrong about that.

Cat Lost in Kankakee County - Lost from Topono Kennel in Momence, Illinois July 2, 2007 [email protected] Cat anecdotes 1 October 2nd 07 12:16 AM
Cat Lost in Kankakee County - Lost from Topono Kennel in Momence, Illinois July 2, 2007 [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 October 1st 07 09:51 PM
Wash Post: Lost Cat, Lost Heart [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 3 June 9th 07 01:41 AM
OK, I lost it John Biltz Cat anecdotes 1 August 14th 03 01:24 AM
Lost my first cat. John Kimmel Cat health & behaviour 6 July 14th 03 01:22 AM