cat trap

Old July 12th 04, 08:56 PM
Sharon Talbert

Our vet get simply sets the trap on end or uses the trap divider we
provided their clinic. It is an inexpensive, over-sized fork that
isolates the cat at the end of the trap you want it in.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, formerly known as 'cat arranger' wrote:

I'm a little worried about larger traps as the
vets give anesthetic to the ferals before spay
through the cages and it seems a larger trap
would make that more difficult. Is that a
reasonable fear?

"frlpwr" wrote in message ...
: formerly known as 'cat arranger' wrote:
:
: What's the best humane cat trap. The
: haveaharts seem to have too strong a
: spring and no second door to help release
: feral cats. Thanks
:
: I have always used Tomahawk traps, 2-door deluxe models. However, I
: purchased five new traps in May and was sorely disappointed in the
: quality. Two of the backdoor clips have already broken, the new locking
: device is very hard to manipulate, especially with greasy catfood hands,
: one trap was so bent in shipping the frontdoor wouldn't open and the
: frontdoor of another one was misaligned and would catch-up on the side
: of the trap.
:
: Next time, I'm ordering the large Tru-Catch traps. I have two older
: models. They are roomier, making them good for recovery and cheaper,
: too. The self-locking backdoor does not inspire confidence and it is a
: little more cumbersome than the Tomahawks when it comes to transfering
: cats from dirty traps to clean, but I easily rigged up a back-up clip
: for security and, with a little more care during transfers, the backdoor
: has not been a problem...so far.
:
: