Meow, Meow

Old July 29th 08, 10:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Meow, Meow

No, that's not Persia. It's my mother talking to Persia.

Having never really been around a cat before she doesn't quite know what to
make of my chatty cat. That's okay; Persia doesn't know what to make of my
mom, either.

When Persia starts talking, which is quite often, Mom says "Meow" at her.
It's the funniest thing! She says it with no inflection. Anyone remember
the old Bob Newhart TV shows where at the end of the credits the MTM (rather
than MGM) kitten would meow? Instead of the kitten meowing (as it did for
the Mary Tyler Moore show) Newhart's voice would say "meow". It's like
that. Funny to watch.

Maybe one of these days they'll get more comfortable with each other. Mom
just doesn't know what to make of this creature who reaches over and taps me
on my nose from time to time

Jill

Old July 29th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
No, that's not Persia. It's my mother talking to Persia.

Having never really been around a cat before she doesn't quite know what
to make of my chatty cat. That's okay; Persia doesn't know what to make
of my mom, either.

When Persia starts talking, which is quite often, Mom says "Meow" at her.
It's the funniest thing! She says it with no inflection. Anyone remember
the old Bob Newhart TV shows where at the end of the credits the MTM
(rather than MGM) kitten would meow? Instead of the kitten meowing (as it
did for the Mary Tyler Moore show) Newhart's voice would say "meow". It's
like that. Funny to watch.

Maybe one of these days they'll get more comfortable with each other. Mom
just doesn't know what to make of this creature who reaches over and taps
me on my nose from time to time

Jill

How does Miss P. react to your mother? Is she curious?
--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 29th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
No, that's not Persia. It's my mother talking to Persia.

Having never really been around a cat before she doesn't quite know what
to make of my chatty cat. That's okay; Persia doesn't know what to make
of my mom, either.

When Persia starts talking, which is quite often, Mom says "Meow" at her.
It's the funniest thing! She says it with no inflection. Anyone remember
the old Bob Newhart TV shows where at the end of the credits the MTM
(rather than MGM) kitten would meow? Instead of the kitten meowing (as it
did for the Mary Tyler Moore show) Newhart's voice would say "meow". It's
like that. Funny to watch.

Maybe one of these days they'll get more comfortable with each other. Mom
just doesn't know what to make of this creature who reaches over and taps
me on my nose from time to time

Jill

LOL! Persia's probably wondering WTF is this hoomin saying??!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 29th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

When Persia starts talking, which is quite often, Mom says "Meow" at her.
It's the funniest thing! She says it with no inflection. Anyone remember
the old Bob Newhart TV shows where at the end of the credits the MTM (rather
than MGM) kitten would meow?

I remember it from St. Elsewhere (in the 80s) - the kitten was wearing
green scrubs and surgical mask.

Instead of the kitten meowing (as it did for
the Mary Tyler Moore show) Newhart's voice would say "meow". It's like
that. Funny to watch.

Or, more recently, that YouTube video where the guy took a clip of two
cats mrrrping at each other, and did a voiceover of a conversation they
might have been having? At one point, one of the cats says, "Someone's
coming. Act like a cat!" One cat starts squirming cutely, while the other
one starts going "Meow. Meow. Meow" in this totally bored, affectless,
and very human voice.

Maybe you should make a video of your mom doing this. I'm not saying to
put it on YouTube though!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 29th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

When Persia starts talking, which is quite often, Mom says "Meow" at her.
It's the funniest thing! She says it with no inflection. Anyone remember
the old Bob Newhart TV shows where at the end of the credits the MTM (rather
than MGM) kitten would meow? Instead of the kitten meowing (as it did for
the Mary Tyler Moore show) Newhart's voice would say "meow". It's like
that. Funny to watch.

Nancy still thinks I'm crazy. If I want to know if Harri is down in the
basement I stand at the top of the basement stairs and meow at her. If
she's down there she'll back at me.

Old July 30th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Kreisleriana wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
No, that's not Persia. It's my mother talking to Persia.

Having never really been around a cat before she doesn't quite know
what to make of my chatty cat. That's okay; Persia doesn't know
what to make of my mom, either.

When Persia starts talking, which is quite often, Mom says "Meow"
at her. It's the funniest thing! She says it with no inflection. Maybe
one of these days they'll get more comfortable with each
other.

Jill

How does Miss P. react to your mother? Is she curious?

She's curious, but not overly so. If Mom holds a hand out she'll sniff it,
that's about it. Mom moves very slowly and hestitantly; Persia doesn't know
what to make of her. At least she's not winding around her legs. Tripping
her would be a very bad thing.

Jill

Old July 30th 08, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

jmcquown wrote:
No, that's not Persia. It's my mother talking to Persia.

Having never really been around a cat before she doesn't quite know what
to make of my chatty cat. That's okay; Persia doesn't know what to make
of my mom, either.

When Persia starts talking, which is quite often, Mom says "Meow" at
her.

That's cute. They're just getting to know each other, learning to
understand each other.

MEOW Puppy Love Cats - misc 0 November 29th 07 03:52 AM
[[MEOW}} Pepper The-Cat Cats - misc 1 December 11th 06 02:43 PM
Meow, said the cat... Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 2 February 7th 06 01:19 AM
meow [email protected] Cat anecdotes 1 September 14th 05 01:36 AM
meow Cwazy Cwazy Catt Cat health & behaviour 0 September 14th 05 01:36 AM