Brooke Update re Chemo - OT

Old February 23rd 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Brooke Update re Chemo - OT - Another Update

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:25:59 -0600, "CatNipped"

wrote:
Ah God, I just heard from Erin and she told me they had to rush Brooke
back
to Children's Hospital with a fever of 104. Her platelet count after the
last chemo dipped too low and she picked up an infection from somewhere.
Please, guys, send prayers and purrs for my little one.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

You're right - they gave her a transfusion last night. *I am so freaked out
about this even though people tell me this is what to expect with this
disease, I can't help it, this is my first grandchild and it's scaring the
bejeesus out of me!

Hugs,

CatNipped

I will keep all of you in my thoughts, and I've had all the 'kids'
purring since your very first post. Heck, even managed to get a few
of the semi-ferals into purring mode too.

This is hard on you, as much as your granddaughter (different way, but
just as hard). CN, take care of *you* as much as you can.

Daily purrs, prayers, songs, and offerings.
Old February 23rd 09, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Default Brooke Update re Chemo - OT - More

Lots of purrs coming to you, Brooke and family from here. They are coming
strong and powerful!
Charleen and the mighty purrers!
Aggie Marble,
Victor,
Tiger and Tigger
and Lady Jane

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Ah God, I just heard from Erin and she told me they had to rush Brooke
back to Children's Hospital with a fever of 104. Her platelet count after
the last chemo dipped too low and she picked up an infection from
somewhere. Please, guys, send prayers and purrs for my little one.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Brooke got her second round of chemo last weekend (sorry I've waited so
long to post, but have been in bed with the flu and away from a computer
for a while). She has her first three in the hospital then checked out
Tuesday, the 10th, then went back for an out-patient chemo on Saturday
the 14th. This second one was worse on her than the first (and from those
who have been there I've heard it just gets steadily worse from here).
She started losing quite a bit of hair so my daughter made special
arrangements for her to have her senior pictures taken early, they did
that on Monday the 16th. So you can see that I've had other things on my
mind than what's going on here (gads I wish there were a "catch up" place
to go to see what I've been missing).

Anyway, my hands are still shaking from this flu and I'm finding it hard
to type so I have to sign off again for a while.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 24th 09, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Ah God, I just heard from Erin and she told me they had to rush Brooke
back to Children's Hospital with a fever of 104. Her platelet count after
the last chemo dipped too low and she picked up an infection from
somewhere. Please, guys, send prayers and purrs for my little one.

My heart goes out to you, but try not to panic. It's fairly common but it
doesn't help for me to tell you that.
Lots of purrs and prayers coming for you all.

Tweed