scabs all over my cats back, and head

Old October 5th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
soundkart

Default scabs all over my cats back, and head

My cat has covering her back and head they ar covering her and i
wondered if andone knew of a treatment i could try before i talke her
to vet and have them give me a huge bill to check her out.

if you have any suggestions please let me know!

Old October 5th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

soundkart wrote:
My cat has covering her back and head they ar covering her and i
wondered if andone knew of a treatment i could try before i talke her
to vet and have them give me a huge bill to check her out.

if you have any suggestions please let me know!

If you can't afford a vet, I don't know what to suggest - it
certainly sounds like a problem that requires medical
attention. (It can't be very comfortable for the cat,
either.) Do cats get mange? IIRC, that's how it looks if a
dog has it.

Old October 5th 06, 07:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

soundkart wrote:
My cat has covering her back and head they ar covering her and i
wondered if andone knew of a treatment i could try before i talke her
to vet and have them give me a huge bill to check her out.

if you have any suggestions please let me know!

Take her to the vet anyway. All these suggestions
are good ones, but once you get to the point where
the cat's skin integrity is compromised you are at
high risk for a much more serious infection to set
in and it needs rapid treatment, sometimes
even burn treatment, depending on how much
of the cat's body surface area is involved.
.. Don't delay.

--tension

Old October 10th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 04 Oct 2006 09:41:38p, soundkart wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ups.com):

My cat has covering her back and head they ar covering her and i
wondered if andone knew of a treatment i could try before i
talke her to vet and have them give me a huge bill to check her
out.

if you have any suggestions please let me know!

First, you should know that what you’re describing is very
miserable for the cat, particularly if it’s been going on for a
while. Best to have an idea of what’s causing it.

A little of my experience with a cat that is seemingly allergic to
*everything*.

It could be a flea allergy. If you have access to a good flea
treatment like Advantage or Frontline, that would be a start.
Plus, if this is a recent occurrence, look at food fed, litter
used, any other environment changes. If you changed foods, change
it back. If you changed litter brand, change it back. If you
changed both, and the problem started, change only one back, see if
skin improves, then change the other back if not. That way you
know which it was.

Even if you aren’t able to get tests done to see what kitty is
allergic to (if it is an allergy, but it sounds like it) your vet
should be able to give your cat a shot of DepoMedrol which should
clear it up. This will tell you something – if a DepoMedrol shot
clears up the problem, it is likely an allergy. If it doesn’t, it
could be mites, ringworm, or another dermatological problem. If
the scabs indicate infection, your kitty will need a round of
antibiotics.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Maybe I am cynical but this rings Holly bells for me. It's a terrible thing
to distrust isn't it? but that's what she did to this group.
For those who have joined since, someone sent similarly spelled posts for a
week or two then pretended to have a brain tumour and of course we all
responded. It was not true.
It was only a few weeks later that I was diagnosed with ovarian ca myself
and I thought maybe no-one would believe me after that example of
Munchausens syndrome. Which can become M syn by proxy. Make your child
ill, or pretend, make your animal ill, or pretend. It's for attention, to
have kindness shown.
If pretending does not work enough it can go on to deliberately inducing
illness in a child or animal. We have a few cases of it every year, but
it's not common.

Tweed