Louie's lost his duck

Old February 20th 09, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Caroline S.

Default Louie's lost his duck

It's somewhere in the house, but I can't find it anywhere. He doesn't
seem to be too upset by its absence, but he's playing with the girls'
toys more. Hopefully it'll turn up when I clean the house this
weekend. Otherwise, I'll have to get him another one.

-Caroline S.
Old February 20th 09, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Caroline S." wrote in message
It's somewhere in the house, but I can't find it anywhere. He doesn't
seem to be too upset by its absence, but he's playing with the girls'
toys more. Hopefully it'll turn up when I clean the house this
weekend. Otherwise, I'll have to get him another one.

-Caroline S.

Like Persia's toy mousies, it will reappear when you least expect it.
Especially if you buy a new one

Jill

Old February 21st 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Caroline S. wrote:

It's somewhere in the house, but I can't find it anywhere. He doesn't
seem to be too upset by its absence, but he's playing with the girls'
toys more. Hopefully it'll turn up when I clean the house this
weekend. Otherwise, I'll have to get him another one.

He's probably got a little stash somewhere, where you least expect to
find it.

I can only imagine where Licky stores various balls, crumpled-up aluminum
foil or food wrappers, twistie ties, probably a rotten cherry tomato or
two, and of course, his favorite, thumbtacks! I hate him playing with
thumbtacks and I take them away from him whenever I catch him with one,
but he always seems to find more of them. I don't know where they come
from because I don't use that type anymore (the long ones you can easily
get your finger and thumb around, which are also easy for a cat to pull
out of the wall and drop on the floor). I now use the flat-head kind, which
he can't manage to pull out.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 21st 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Caroline S. wrote:
It's somewhere in the house, but I can't find it anywhere. He doesn't
seem to be too upset by its absence, but he's playing with the girls'
toys more. Hopefully it'll turn up when I clean the house this
weekend. Otherwise, I'll have to get him another one.

-Caroline S.

It's astonishing what a yard-stick slid back and forth under a
refrigerator or low-to-the-floor piece of furniture can bring to light!
(Along with "dust-bunnies", of course.)
Old February 21st 09, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
Caroline S. wrote:

[...]

Back when I required such things, I recall being embarrassed when a
discarded tampon wrapper was occasionally presented as a plaything
before company! (Not something I GAVE the cats as a toy - I thought I
disposed of them efficiently, but every once in a while.....)

Old February 21st 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Caroline S.

Default UPDATE: Louie's lost his duck

On Feb 20, 2:19*pm, "Caroline S." wrote:
It's somewhere in the house, but I can't find it anywhere. He doesn't
seem to be too upset by its absence, but he's playing with the girls'
toys more. Hopefully it'll turn up when I clean the house this
weekend. Otherwise, I'll have to get him another one.

-Caroline S.

I found it, in the front closet. We keep the door closed almost all
the time, and I hadn't realized Louie had gone in there. Now he is
happily reunited with duckie, and has just laid it at my feet.

-Caroline S.
Old February 22nd 09, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Caroline S. wrote:

I found it, in the front closet. We keep the door closed almost all
the time, and I hadn't realized Louie had gone in there. Now he is
happily reunited with duckie, and has just laid it at my feet.

Oh, poor Louie, he was really missing his duck! So glad you found it.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 22nd 09, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Caroline S." wrote in message
On Feb 20, 2:19 pm, "Caroline S." wrote:
It's somewhere in the house, but I can't find it anywhere. He doesn't
seem to be too upset by its absence, but he's playing with the girls'
toys more. Hopefully it'll turn up when I clean the house this
weekend. Otherwise, I'll have to get him another one.

-Caroline S.

I found it, in the front closet. We keep the door closed almost all
the time, and I hadn't realized Louie had gone in there. Now he is
happily reunited with duckie, and has just laid it at my feet.

-Caroline S.

Yay! I'm happy Louie was reunited with his ducky. Now if only Persia's
missing mousies would show back up... coincidence? I think not. G

Jill