Niece's pics of Mir and Caliban

Old February 21st 09, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Niece's pics of Mir and Caliban

My niece has uploaded her pictures that she took when she visited today.
In the last ones they are watching the birdie outside the window. If you
look further, you will see pics from the Helsinki zoo, and then from the
European figure-skating championship.

http://flickr.com/photos/deinin/

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old February 21st 09, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Caroline S.

On Feb 21, 11:49*am, Marina wrote:
My niece has uploaded her pictures that she took when she visited today.
In the last ones they are watching the birdie outside the window. If you
look further, you will see pics from the Helsinki zoo, and then from the
European figure-skating championship.

http://flickr.com/photos/deinin/

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Gorgeous photos, as always. The ones of Mir on the cat tree look like
a professional photo shoot. I can almost hear the photographer
spouting instructions for different looks.

-Caroline S.
Old February 22nd 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Marina" wrote in message
My niece has uploaded her pictures that she took when she visited today.
In the last ones they are watching the birdie outside the window. If you
look further, you will see pics from the Helsinki zoo, and then from the
European figure-skating championship.

http://flickr.com/photos/deinin/

They're beautiful-- Slender, silky Miranda, and cuddly, bright-eyed Caliban.
That big snow leopard looks like a relative of Cali's.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old February 22nd 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

My niece has uploaded her pictures that she took when she visited today.
In the last ones they are watching the birdie outside the window. If you
look further, you will see pics from the Helsinki zoo, and then from the
European figure-skating championship.

http://flickr.com/photos/deinin/

Wow, she really got some great shots of them being playful. I don't think
I've ever seen a picture of Mir with such wacky looking eyes (esp. the first
photo in the set). Also like the one with her tongue sticking out, though
she's going to lose her reputation as a regal, graceful creature with that
one.

And Caliban always looks so *shocked*, doesn't he? No matter what is
happening, he always has this wide-eyed look of utter surprise.

The pics of her Deinin's are really nice, especially IMG_8431 (of two
cats all cuddled up on the bed). I don't know who's who, but they all have
wonderful, fuzzy-grey goodness.

I hope the tiger and snow leopard have lots of room to move around! Big
animals in zoos always make me a bit sad, because I wonder if they're really
comfortable in restricted space.

Thanks for the great photos.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 22nd 09, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wrote:

Wow, she really got some great shots of them being playful. I don't
think I've ever seen a picture of Mir with such wacky looking eyes
(esp. the first photo in the set). Also like the one with her tongue
sticking out, though she's going to lose her reputation as a regal,
graceful creature with that one.

It takes two to catch her so off guard, one playing with her favourite
toy, a string, and the other one taking pictures. I'm glad my niece got
these goofy pictures of Miranda, to show that she does know how to have
fun, too. She's not the Ice Queen. :P

And Caliban always looks so *shocked*, doesn't he? No matter what is
happening, he always has this wide-eyed look of utter surprise.

Yes, he always has that 'what? What??' look.

The pics of her Deinin's are really nice, especially IMG_8431 (of two
cats all cuddled up on the bed). I don't know who's who, but they
all have wonderful, fuzzy-grey goodness.

They are Mrianda's brother Emil and her half-uncle Kasper. They're
gorgeous. The small chubby one that looks devastated in most pictures is
Miranda's mother, Kira. You can see Miranda has the same shape eyes in a
few of these new pictures, where she's sitting on the windowsill and
looking up.

I hope the tiger and snow leopard have lots of room to move around!
Big animals in zoos always make me a bit sad, because I wonder if
they're really comfortable in restricted space.

They do have big enclosures to roam about. The snow leopards are
actually doing very well at the Helsinki zoo, since it's one of the few
places in the world where they have been breeding very successfully.
They're severely endangered in the wild, you know. The snow leopard is
in the logo of the zoo:
http://www.korkeasaari.fi/services/visitorinformation

Old February 22nd 09, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

They are Mrianda's brother Emil and her half-uncle Kasper. They're
gorgeous.

They really are. All of them are, including Miranda.

I hope the tiger and snow leopard have lots of room to move around!
Big animals in zoos always make me a bit sad, because I wonder if
they're really comfortable in restricted space.

They do have big enclosures to roam about. The snow leopards are
actually doing very well at the Helsinki zoo, since it's one of the few
places in the world where they have been breeding very successfully.
They're severely endangered in the wild, you know. The snow leopard is
in the logo of the zoo:
http://www.korkeasaari.fi/services/visitorinformation

There are very few big cats that aren't endangered in the wild, probably
because their habitat has been severely encroached on by humans, who also
need the space to survive. And from poaching too. Although probably
the snow leopard hasn't been poached that much because, at least if what
I see on TV about them is true, they're very, very secretive and it's
almost impossible to encounter one in the wild.

I'm glad they have a nice habitat at the Helsinki zoo.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 23rd 09, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Thank you so very much for the album. The pictures are beautful not just by
subject matter and compisition but technically. I enjoyed each and every
shot. Thanks.
Charleen