OT but thought you might enjoy, Mabel Anne

Old November 20th 10, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

Default OT but thought you might enjoy, Mabel Anne

I thought some of you may wish to enjoy our newest 4foot member.

http://www.beaglestotherescue.org/mabelanne.cfm

We are fostering through Thanksgiving so that another foster parent can
shift her pups to go visit family. We can't handle her fosters due to
either being anti-cat or too close on the heartworm treatment and untested
with cats (too much excitement for them at this delicate treatment stage) so
we worked it out to take in Mabel Anne. If she works well with the existing
set, she has her forever home. If not though, it makes room to shift some
others.

She's no where near as well fleshed as the picture shows as she's just post
treatment for heartworm so has lost much weight. She's not as skeletal
though as Cash was and she's overall done well on the health score. She's
curled up on a memory foam doggie mattress sized just right for her sleeping
off about 1/3 cup duck broth with bits of duck 'nooner meal'.

Old November 20th 10, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Oh my gosh, she's *ADORABLE* - I'm not even a d*g person, but she'd melt my
heart.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old November 20th 10, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"cshenk" wrote in message
[...]

She's adorable! It sounds as though she has, or at least has had, a lot of
problems. Kudos to you for taking her on. She certainly looks lovable.

Joy

Old November 20th 10, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

She's snoozing off her lunch treats. I thought Sammy was amazed at more
then kibble but Mabel? WOW! Eyes popped open, tail took off and she
hoovered every drip.

I wonder what she will think of dinner when she gets Blue Wilderness kibble
for crunch and a bowl of minced pig hearts, chicken thighs (boneless for
now, she has very bad teeth) and pork drippings?

Daisy-chan will probably grouse as she's getting plain old trout (hehehe).

Old November 20th 10, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 21/11/2010 5:37 AM, cshenk wrote:
[...]

She's lovely.

We have a dog-shaped hole in our hearts and home at the moment, and I'd
love to take her. I know of course that that is impossible, but still.

Please give her an Aussie cuddle from us.

Yowie
Old November 20th 10, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 20, 3:55*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
She's snoozing off her lunch treats. *I thought Sammy was amazed at more
then kibble but Mabel? *WOW! *Eyes popped open, tail took off and she
hoovered every drip.

I wonder what she will think of dinner when she gets Blue Wilderness kibble
for crunch and a bowl of minced pig hearts, chicken thighs (boneless for
now, she has very bad teeth) and pork drippings?

She will think that she is in food-heaven.

Daisy-chan will probably grouse as she's getting plain old trout (hehehe)..

Didn't Daisy-Chan tell all of her friends over on rpcc that she was
hoping the new goggie would stay with you? I don't think she will mind
some nice trout.

--
Will in New Haven
“Whiskey - I like it, I always did, and that is the reason I never use
Old November 20th 10, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m617/cshenk/

Daisy-chan will probably grouse as she's getting plain old trout
(hehehe).

Didn't Daisy-Chan tell all of her friends over on rpcc that she was
hoping the new goggie would stay with you? I don't think she will mind
some nice trout.

Hehe she didn't mind at all.

Mabel just snarfed up 1/2 cup of minced hearts, chicken thighs, and 1/2 cup
kibble. I was told she was a slow eater. Umm, not with real stuff she
aint!

Old November 21st 10, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

LOL! I love the one of her upside down on the couch - yeah, she's just a
foster - riiiiight! ; She's obviously had a bath and is much more
presentable, and just as adorable. Good luck with your new furry baby!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old November 21st 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"CatNipped" wrote

LOL! I love the one of her upside down on the couch - yeah, she's just a
foster - riiiiight! ; She's obviously had a bath and is much more
presentable, and just as adorable. Good luck with your new furry baby!

LOL! Same photobucket, but that is Cash. Early on too, about 2 months
after we got him.

Mabel is the one on a little mattress at the end of the show.

Waffles does enjoy her gardening wafflycat[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 May 6th 09 08:42 PM
Enjoy Phil P. Cat health & behaviour 3 February 28th 09 04:53 AM
Does your cat enjoy chasing, the your next door neidhbors dog. [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 1 May 29th 07 07:09 PM
(OT) Nice online game you might enjoy Petra Zinnen Cat anecdotes 1 September 3rd 05 06:50 PM
Mabel and HRFL at the vet Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 4 June 19th 05 02:19 PM