A trip to prepare for the Jellicle Ball

Old October 15th 12, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Default A trip to prepare for the Jellicle Ball

Since the date of the Jellicle Ball is approaching, it might be a good
idea to sent a party to the venue to look things over, figure out what
rooms we want to use and what we need to bring with us, coordinate with
the on-site kitties, etc. I'd like to propose that we leave this
afternoon to look around and do some planning.

Who would like to come along?

And of course if anykitty wants to comes but doesn't see this notice
until we've left, just 'port over and join us.

Amelia
Old October 15th 12, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On 15 Oct 2012 16:08:49 GMT, Amelia T Cat wrote:

Since the date of the Jellicle Ball is approaching, it might be a good
idea to sent a party to the venue to look things over, figure out what
rooms we want to use and what we need to bring with us, coordinate with
the on-site kitties, etc. I'd like to propose that we leave this
afternoon to look around and do some planning.

Who would like to come along?

And of course if anykitty wants to comes but doesn't see this notice
until we've left, just 'port over and join us.

Amelia

I like to get out and look at stuffs. Heer is alwayz rain and I'm
indoor kitty but the Ball is different.

Cinder, happy for 'venture
Old October 15th 12, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann791

On 10/15/2012 12:08 PM, Amelia T Cat wrote:
Since the date of the Jellicle Ball is approaching, it might be a good
idea to sent a party to the venue to look things over, figure out what
rooms we want to use and what we need to bring with us, coordinate with
the on-site kitties, etc. I'd like to propose that we leave this
afternoon to look around and do some planning.

Who would like to come along?

And of course if anykitty wants to comes but doesn't see this notice
until we've left, just 'port over and join us.

Amelia

I iz ready to look things over.
( Lucy Lu steps into the porter)

Lucy lu
Old October 15th 12, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Oct 15, 12:08*pm, Amelia T Cat wrote:
Since the date of the Jellicle Ball is approaching, it might be a good
idea to sent a party to the venue to look things over, figure out what
rooms we want to use and what we need to bring with us, coordinate with
the on-site kitties, etc. I'd like to propose that we leave this
afternoon to look around and do some planning.

Who would like to come along?

And of course if anykitty wants to comes but doesn't see this notice
until we've left, just 'port over and join us.

Ob corse, mine faifull fren Heather-dog an I will scout da exterior
aroun da site, wike allus. his usual cheerful and peppy voice is slow
and sad

--
Wascal, da Sekreterry ub da Exterior

Old October 16th 12, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Amelia T Cat wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Since the date of the Jellicle Ball is approaching, it might be a
good idea to sent a party to the venue to look things over, figure
out what rooms we want to use and what we need to bring with us,
coordinate with the on-site kitties, etc. I'd like to propose that we
leave this afternoon to look around and do some planning.

Who would like to come along?

And of course if anykitty wants to comes but doesn't see this notice
until we've left, just 'port over and join us.

Amelia

Iz never been oficial sorts trained but Iz like to come anna check fur
older kittah accomodations. Maiself knows dis mostly frum doggies but
achey joints iz da same maiself thinks. You needs mai help mebby?

I knows the bestest places to get memory foam fur older hip cumforts
anna Cash sez he kin carry a bunch fur us but he kint climb to put'em
up high ennymore. Hes got too many authorz inna his joints now fur
that. I wish i could chase dem out but Aunti Mabel sez it's just best
iffen he carrys dem anna I drag dem up higher if needed.

Aunti Mabel sez her teef will feel fine in a day anna if we wants a
walk check fur older 4foots, she kin come help iffin lots of naps are
ok. Fur a dog, she's a champion napper.

She caint check high spots but she kin tells us iffin the steps needs a
ramp fur an older kittah. She'd come back home after a walk check anna
Cash would just place stuff den go home to watch out for Aunti.

Daisy-chan, the Magnifiscent!

Old October 16th 12, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message
Since the date of the Jellicle Ball is approaching, it might be a good
idea to sent a party to the venue to look things over, figure out what
rooms we want to use and what we need to bring with us, coordinate
with
the on-site kitties, etc. I'd like to propose that we leave this
afternoon to look around and do some planning.

Who would like to come along?

And of course if anykitty wants to comes but doesn't see this notice
until we've left, just 'port over and join us.

Amelia

I wyll be kummin uhlong, buttid berry kwietleee, I tink, kuz mine
sekketerree tinkz dat lyfe iz murr empurrtint den meeee, furr
da mowmint, sigh
--
Pit2ô.ônya

Old October 16th 12, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_8_]

Since the date of the Jellicle Ball is approaching, it might be a good
idea to sent a party to the venue to look things over, figure out what
rooms we want to use and what we need to bring with us, coordinate with
the on-site kitties, etc. I'd like to propose that we leave this
afternoon to look around and do some planning.

Who would like to come along?

And of course if anykitty wants to comes but doesn't see this notice
until we've left, just 'port over and join us.

Amelia

We would love to join you on this , Amelia.

Mosey, MeOwy, wee Tygur, wee Mayzy, BobQat, Mimzy, PookyKat, Sqweex and
Pipps

Old October 16th 12, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

That would be wonderful, Daisy-chan. We can use all of the eyes, ears,
and paws that we can get.

Amelia
Old October 16th 12, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

In a lovely, verdant valley very far away the characteristic shimmer of a
teleporter appears. Out of the shimmer step a handful of cats and dogs,
lead by a portly tortie. As the newly arrived group stands looking
around, admiring the view and enjoying the gentle, fragrant breeze a
tuxedo mancat approaches.

"Guten morgen, katzen! Ich bin - er, I am Andre, ze mayor of ze nearby
village. Are you from ze Community, come to see ze castle? Ve haf been
expecting you."

Amelia: "Good morning, Andre. I am Amelia and we are indeed from the
Community. The way the Countess described the Castle made it sound like
the perfect place for our Jellicle Ball."

And "Jah, it will be indeed! Ze Countess was very good about keeping
up ze castle when she and her wink lived in it, and she has been very
good about supporting us in our efforts after she moved out. It was so
sad when ze Count journeyed to ze Rainbow Bridge so many years ago. Many
in ze village still mourn him.

Come, walk wiz me up this road. Ze castle is not far, and I would de
honored to show you around."

Everyone follows Andre. As they walk along the road local cats working in
the fields pause to wave and meow their greetings. A tractor pulling a
hayrack pulls up behind them and the farmer cat shouts out:

"Are you all headed for ze castle? If so, would you like a ride?"

And "Ah, Johan, thank you fur ze offer! Let's all climb on ze hayrack.
It iz so much easier than walking up ze hill."

Everybody climbs aboard the hayrack and Johan starts the horses moving.
While the rig climbs the steep road to the castle some cats sit
peacefully looking at the scenery, other cats burrow under the loose hay
and chase each other, and other simply lie on their backs and bunny-kick
the hay. In a few minutes the rig stops before the massive wooden gates
to a large, forbidding castle. The gates stand open and several cats and
a few dogs can be seen walking purposefully across the courtyard. A large
and "fluffy" calico can be seen in a second-floor window meowing
instructions to kitties below. As Andre leads our group between the gates
she shouts at him to wait.

And "Ah, Miz Maria wishes to introduce you to ze castle herself. We
will wait here for her. She will not be long I am sure."

Before he even finishes the sentence the calico kitty comes charging
across the courtyard. Amelia shrinks back a little, fearing that the
energetic cat might be angry or hostile.

And "Ah, Maria, you are as lovely as ever! Come meet ze
representatives of ze Community. Zis lovely tortie cat is Miss Amelia,
and she arranged zis visit."

Maria: "Velcome! I am Maria, ze majordomo of zis castle. It is I who will
coordinate wiz all of the staff cats to make your event go smoothly! We
look forward to hosting your Jellicle Ball, and all of our helpers,
employees, and guests will be delighted to do anyfing in zere power."

Maria kisses Amelia's cheek and headbutts all of the other kitties.

"Ve are now in ze courtyard. Ze gates you just came through are over a
foot thick but are so finely balanced zat a kit can open or close zem.
Here straight ahead is the grand entrance. Come in, please."

As they enter they see that the castle's rock walls are more than four
feet thick. Local stone has been worked by skilled masons until the
individual stones fit together closely without need for mortar. As they
enter the entry hall they see a magnificent room, well lit by wall
sconces and a large chandelier, with an exquisite woven rug on the floor.
The furniture around the edges of the room are European antiques, and the
woodwork of all the furniture appears to glow. A marble staircase ascends
from the far side of the room, splitting into leftward and rightward
ramps. Rich blood-red rugs cover both branches of the stairs. A small
motorized lift runs along the edges of both branches, providing upper-
floor access for those unable to manage the stairs. The banisters of both
branches of the stairs are broad, smooth, and well polished, and the
ground floor directly in front of each banister has an area that appears
to be padding set in to the floor.

"The staircase is designed to be accessable to all kittie and doggies and
others. The stairs are padded, and these lifts are controlled by meows or
barks. The broad banisters and floor padding were designed by the late
Count - he loved to slide down ze banisters like a little kitten, so of
course we maintain the system. Our own kits live to play here, and none
of zem has ever been injured! Here on ze ground floor are ze kitchen, ze
scullery, ze pantry and ozzer storerooms, and some servant quarters. Two
levels of basement house more storerooms, workshops, and utility rooms. Ze
second floor houses ze ballroom, ze armory, and ze formal dining room. Ze
third floor houses ze guest rooms. On every floor you will see a stripe
etched into ze stone floor."

Maria gestures to a bright white stripe dividing the room in half.

"Ve haf been honored to haf a large number of gespenster - err, ghosts.
We get along wiz zem wonderfully, as they are absolutely charming. But
they recognize zat some guests are not comfortable wiz ghosts, so ve haf
worked out an arrangement. Ze half of ze castle to the north of the line
is where ze ghosts will not go. Ze half of ze castle to ze south of the
line ze ghosts travel freely. They still observe courtesy, though. Before
entering a room inhabited by a guest zey will generally knock on ze wall
before entering. Guests who stay here overnight may request rooms on ze
ghost-free side of ze castle, or on ze ghost-inhabited side. Ze major
rooms, such as ze dining room and ze ballroom, sit astride ze dividing
line so guests may choose either side of these rooms.

Zo, you probably haf many questions. How may I help you?"

Amelia: "Wow, this is lovely! And the ghosts sound wonderful. I can
hardly wait to meet them! Could you show us the ballroom and the dining
room, and maybe whereever FluffyKitz would need to set up our catering
equipment?"

Maria: "Just so! Follow me, please."

She leads the group to the staircase. Some kitties and doggies climb the
stairs, others ride the lift (which is large enough to hold several
kitties at once), and Ranger hops onto the banister and attempts to climb
it. When they get to the second floor Maria leads them through an arched
entryway into a large room with more beautiful chandeliers and many ranks
of low tables. A huge fireplace in the front of the room stands dark,
piled with wood but not yet lit. The walls are covered in golden
tapestries, and the floors have thick rugs over the marble.

Maria: "Zis is ze formal dining room. It can comfortably accomodate
anywhere from a very few dozen to several hundred guests, depending on
how ze tables are arranged. The wall hangings are specially designed to
be appropriate for our younger guests."

Maria turns toward the arched entry way and meows very loudly "Cedric!
Come here! NOW!"

Scurrying feet can be heard approaching rapidly, then a flash of orange
fur shoots into the room, makes a couple of rapid circuits of the room,
then skids to a halt in front of Maria. When the blur finally stops
moving we can see that it's a very energetic orange tabby kitten.

Cedric: "I'z here! What can I do?"

Maria: "Cedric, I think there's a dust bunny near the ceiling up there.
Could you get it for me, please?"

Cedric: "YEAH!"

The kitten dashes towards the wall, leaps onto the tapestry, and scorches
up to the ceiling. He identified the ball of dust and bats it into the
air, where it starts slowly drifting towards the floor. Cedric dashes
back down the tapestry, arriving in plenty of time to catch the dust ball
in his claws. He proudly hands to Maria.

Maria: "Very good, young man!" [She gently pats his head.] "You may
continue what you were doing." [The kitten streaks back out of the room.]
"Cedric is mineown grandkit, and he has far too much energy."

"As for catering areas, you can see a work room to the left and one to
the right. In the work area to the right you would be assisted by our
resident ghosts, some of whom are - rather, were - excellent chefs. And
ahead you see two arched doorways. They lead to the ballroom. Let us go
look there."

Maria leads the group through the left archway into a room larger than
the dining room. Gold tapestries again cover the walls, but the floors
are bare marble, polished to a high gloss. Chairs, lounges, and cushions
are situated around the edges of the room. High, wide windows let in a
lot of light, but they also have heavy drapes that look like they could
make the room pitch black when needed. A raised platform at the front of
the room supports a dais and a small table. Recessed into the walls are
several small, dark niches.

"We haf quite a few elderly and infirm guests, and we don't want zem to
feel left out of ze dancing. Ze late Miz Cleopatra Silvercat designed for
us some dancing platforms. Andre, if you would be so kind?"

Maria reaches into one of the niches and pulls out what appears to be a
lamb-skin bed. She climbs in and waves a paw, and the bed rises to about
kitty shoulder-height. Andre approaches Maria, bows to her, and takes her
paws in his. He spins her across the floor in a graceful waltz, Maria's
pad never wobbling or interfering with the dance.

"Thank you, Andre. As you can see, we are well equipped to deal with the
needs of most any guests we might receive. I would love to introduce you
to some of our non-material guests, but it is hardly noon and they don't
usually appear until evening.
Old October 17th 12, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Amelia T Cat wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

That would be wonderful, Daisy-chan. We can use all of the eyes,
ears, and paws that we can get.

Amelia

Ok! Wez gathering some tools to measure stuff anna ball of yarn cuz
dats not just fur fun but lets you measure stuff.

Most VC/EC members would need a 2 cat lenght yarm bit of memory foam
and 1/2 that wide. Aunti Mabel kin fit onna dat too cuse she curls up
small (Doggies are odd).

I'z thinkin if wez got enny maine coon kittahs who's needin special
acomodations fur age, dey needs Cash sized (about 3 maine Kittah body
long anna 2 wide).

Iz onna phone checking wherehouse ana dey gots plenty but only 3
Cash/Main coon sized.

Aunti Mabel jumps in: 'LOL! A regular will be 24in by 18 inch and a
Cash size is 36inch by 24 inch though his deluxe at home is bigger soz
wez all kin fit onna it'.

Humm! I bets we kin put 2 regulars togethr wif a blankie too!

I'z waiting fur an eamil onna wherehouse den will come over! Cash sez
he'll sniff out fur safety 'out' spots fur kittahs who prefer dat fur
dere bisiness.

Daisy-Chan, the Magnifiscent!

Jellicle Ball Yowie Cat anecdotes 49 October 10th 10 10:17 PM
Jellicle Ball Mme. Anaïs Lachatte Cat community 36 September 20th 10 11:23 PM
Jellicle Ball: Phantom and Misty Head for the Ball [email protected] Cat community 0 October 15th 08 07:07 AM
Jellicle Ball: The Story of the First Jellicle Ball [email protected] Cat community 16 October 22nd 06 05:07 AM
Jellicle Ball: You Need a Ball Committee [email protected] Cat community 48 October 8th 06 05:25 AM