The Jellicle Ball - First Calling of Names

Old October 31st 20, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Francesca the Fierce

Default The Jellicle Ball - First Calling of Names

[A silver torbie girl glances at the crowd and nods.

It is time. She is wearing a silver necklace with a small pendant of
the triple moon. She climbs the dais and reaches the podium
as the moon slips above the horizon to shine softly.

Guests and others who have lost loved ones fall silent. She sets her
list down and looks straight to the guests as she reads it. At the
side, a handsome, stately Great Dane repeats it in ASL-C/D. He is
well lit by the moon. On the other side of the podium is an older kitty
who also signs the text.

Good evening, sirs and ma’am’s, and a special thank you to the
residents of this wonderful enchanted place. That such a place still
exists today is miraculous. We thank the kitties and humans of CatCat for
inviting us here, and for opening their homes and work spaces.

Welcome, all, to the twenty fifth annual Jellicle Ball!

Each October, at sundown of the evening of the full moon, we
gather to pay tribute to our dear ones who have taken their final
journey in the year just past.

With hearts full of sorrow and abiding love, we treasure the memories
of the time they shared and the memories which are forever ours.
Much richer for having known and loved, much better for the lessons
learned, we smile despite our grief.

As always, the first name called represents those whose names we did
not know, those lost or tossed, taken through illness or abuse or
nature's fury.

We stand in silent thought, and send our hopes that they have found
peace and love at last.

[There is a short pause, then guests raise their glowsticks like candles
in memory. Light of the moon shines over all.]

We call their names, family members, dear friends, respected
strangers...our Jellicle Honorees:

Unknown Kitties, House of Bast
Baxter the Smiley, House of Momorella
Caspur, House of Berkebile
Cheyenne, House of Rankin
CoCo, House of Belinda
Cody, House of Tims
Daisy-chan, House of Chez Shenk's
Ella, House of Rankin
Gabrielle, House of Stillwell & Tenbusch
George, House of Stott
Ginger-Lyn, House of Summer
Gwinnie, A named House of Bast
Heather, House of Rennie
Joshua (Joe), House of Josh, family Prince
Julian Snowball, House of Weinberger-Westlake
Keri, House of Maguire
Kerry, House of Perkins
Lil Bub, House of Bridavsky
Max, House of Batson
Mitzvah, House of Lee
Mona, House of Chez Shenk's
Penny, House of Rankin
Pinky, House of LaShonda
Sampson, House of Shultz
Sheriff Roscoe P Catrane, House of Hanoka
Sir Cheese, House of Stapley
Sir Furr Purr, House of John and Lea
Snagglepuss, House of Kleinfelder
Spock, House of Stott
Starr da Dog, House of Mahoney
Teddy, House of Stott
Timothy, House of Stott
Weeble, House of Nancy L

[A moment of silence with weeping guests ensues then a paw raises a
glow stick over the podium]

The podium is now yours my friends. Please step forward with any
tributes you wish to give.