[OT] Humor (or, rather, Humour)

Old February 13th 05, 05:52 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-12, CatNipped penned:

I know exactly how you felt. I used to get cortisone shots in my elbow (for
tendonitis, or "tennis elbow"). It felt like it first feels when you hit
your "funny bone" (and why to they call it that - it certainly isn't funny
when you hit it), except that the pain stays at that level for a week or
more!

Agh! That sounds awful. I wouldn't describe my pain as a "funny bone" type
pain -- it was more of an ache that escalated until I felt like I couldn't
bear it. But mine got considerably better the second day, and was all but
gone after three or four days.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old February 13th 05, 06:59 PM
David Stevenson

Kreisleriana wrote
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:18:07 -0600, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

It is probably an urban legend that this was really written by John Cleese,
but it's so John Cleesian that if it wasn't, it *should* have been.

================================================ ===========================

Message from John Cleese To the citizens of the United States of America:

(snip)

Well, in light of that fact that when John Cleese was asked what he
would bring to a desert island, he requested a plaster effigy of
Margaret Thatcher and a cricket bat . . .

John Cleese certainly went on American TV in the Clinton era and said:

"There are only three real differences between the USA and Great
Britain.

"First, the language.

"Second, when we hold a World Championship we invite other countries.

"Third, when you want to kiss our head of state you only have to go
down on one knee.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old February 14th 05, 02:54 PM
CatNipped

=============================================== ============================

Message from John Cleese To the citizens of the United States of America:

(snip)

Well, in light of that fact that when John Cleese was asked what he
would bring to a desert island, he requested a plaster effigy of
Margaret Thatcher and a cricket bat . . .

John Cleese certainly went on American TV in the Clinton era and said:

"There are only three real differences between the USA and Great
Britain.

"First, the language.

"Second, when we hold a World Championship we invite other countries.

"Third, when you want to kiss our head of state you only have to go down
on one knee.

OK, I don't know whether you or John Cleese now owes me a new keyboard!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 28th 05, 06:04 PM

It is *not* by John Cleese. It is by Dan Fox, Peter D Rieden and Alan
Baxter. The full history can be found at
http://www.shartwell.freeserve.co.uk...dependence.htm