Waaah, my car's wrecked :-(

Old April 22nd 05, 07:43 PM
badwilson

Default Waaah, my car's wrecked :-(

It's 1:30 am here and I'm seriously bummed. Can't even consider going
to bed after what's happened.
Took some friends to see a show, Thai dancing, etc... Stopped at a
bar close to home for some beers afterwards. Walked out to see my
drivers side door all smashed in and my window broken. Luckily, there
was a policeman in another bar who got alerted and came out and got
the guy's info. It was a big fancy truck from Bangkok.
We bought the cop some beer and he was pretty happy to help out after
that. I have to be at the police station at 9 am and supposedly the
insurance guy from the guy who hit me will be there. I sure hope I
don't get screwed in this ordeal, happens a lot to "farangs" since the
locals only see us as walking dollar signs. But I reckon the guy that
hit me was richer than me anyway, his truck sure was worth multiple
times what my car is worth. Good thing I only have an old car.
Dennis isn't going to be very happy when he comes home tomorrow. Goes
to Florida for 1 week and the car's outta commission :-(
And I have 2 different sets of friends coming in the next 2 weeks who
need to be chauffeured around. Waaaah! I should have just stayed
home tonight, like I do every other night!!!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old April 22nd 05, 07:49 PM
Mischief

Oh dear!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your car!

Purrs that everything will be okay

Kristi

Old April 22nd 05, 08:09 PM
Mathew Kagis

"badwilson" wrote in message

SNIP

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Awww!!!! What a drag. I get the feeling that dealing with insurance
companies in Thailand.... Especially for a Farang, is gonna be no fun. Good
luck with it all.
--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old April 22nd 05, 08:47 PM
Hopitus

I came back to post this after doing some thinking: forgive me for
criticizing your temporary homeland there
but Thailand does not seem to me to be a hotbed of female respect and
independence....can't you take with you to the meeting @ police station
w/insurance rep and
possible truck owner a *male* of whatever ilk (I know
your DH won't make it back in time) to get down and dirty if they try to
screw you over financially? I would be
very uneasy unaccompanied with something similar - the bigger the better -
in a situation like that.....in a place like that....

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message

SNIP

Old April 22nd 05, 08:57 PM
Charleen Welton

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Oh no! Bad timing on the crasher's part! Glad to hear that you were not
involved and/or hurt. Hope that the insurance negotions go favorabilty for
you!

Charleen,
Mr. Pumpkin,
Aggie Marble,
Victor Velcro
who are purring good wishes your way.

Old April 22nd 05, 10:23 PM
polonca12000

So sorry to hear that.
Lots of purrs and best wishes that everything works out with the insurance
guy,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"badwilson" wrote in message
It's 1:30 am here and I'm seriously bummed. Can't even consider going
to bed after what's happened.
Took some friends to see a show, Thai dancing, etc... Stopped at a
bar close to home for some beers afterwards. Walked out to see my
drivers side door all smashed in and my window broken. Luckily, there
was a policeman in another bar who got alerted and came out and got
the guy's info. It was a big fancy truck from Bangkok.
We bought the cop some beer and he was pretty happy to help out after
that. I have to be at the police station at 9 am and supposedly the
insurance guy from the guy who hit me will be there. snip

Old April 22nd 05, 11:37 PM

badwilson wrote:
[...]

Oh no! Yesterday must have the day for accidents. Our son borrowed our
truck, and somebody plowed into the back of him while he was at a red
light. Nobody hurt, and he was driving the old farm truck,
un-affectionatly known as "Ole Spot" because the paint's peeling all
over anyway. So we told the kid (he was 21) we weren't even going to
turn it in on his insurance. He about cried. Told him someday I expect
him to remember this and to "pay it forward" though-- and give somebody
else a break sometime in his lifetime.
Sherry

Old April 22nd 05, 11:45 PM
CatNipped

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Britta, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you don't have any problems
getting the money from the insurance company to get it fixed.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 23rd 05, 12:19 AM
Melissa Houle

I sure hope I
don't get screwed in this ordeal, happens a lot to "farangs" since the
locals only see us as walking dollar signs. But I reckon the guy that
hit me was richer than me anyway, his truck sure was worth multiple
times what my car is worth. Good thing I only have an old car.
Dennis isn't going to be very happy when he comes home tomorrow. Goes
to Florida for 1 week and the car's outta commission :-(
And I have 2 different sets of friends coming in the next 2 weeks who
need to be chauffeured around. Waaaah! I should have just stayed
home tonight, like I do every other night!!!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

I'm sorry, Britta. What a pain! Dealing with this kind of thing is bad
enough in the U.S. I can imagine it would be a mega-headache in Thailand.
Hang tough, and BE tough! Right now, you may be your own best advocate.

Good luck to you,

Melissa

Old April 23rd 05, 12:58 AM
Karen

Bummer!! I hope things turn out fine. Insurance here is bad enough but I can
imagine dealing with it in a foreign country must be really hard.