before i go back to lurk mode a nice story

Old December 3rd 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default before i go back to lurk mode a nice story

DH had set the pizza, in the boxes on the back porch to keep it cool, after
he had gotten the generator un hooked and everything else plugged in he was
cold and hungry so he decided to eat left over pizza, so he stepped out onto
the porch and Chester zoomed past him and out into the growing darkness, DH
was naturally very upset as Chester is not from around here and it is
bitterly cold. so he called and looked for a few minutes to no avail and
then he gave up and came in, he looked around for all the cats to double
check, he saw five of the six and decided to eat his pizza and figure out
what he would do next...

he opened the top box... which was actually already open... odd... he looked
inside the box... and 2 of the 3 slices in that box were naked... devoid of
all topping... he just stared at the box... then heard the soft sound of
CHESTER!!! who of course we call Chester the ingester... DH turns around and
sees 2 yellow cats on the buffet eating crunchies... and realizes that a
local feral had helped himself to those 2 slices of pizza... he put the 2
crusts back on the porch in case they were also desirable for the ferrules
and ate a slice and then went and did puzzles...

what a blessing when even the local feral cat population helps you with your
diet... how very considerate of the cat,

Lee

Old December 3rd 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

DH had set the pizza, in the boxes on the back porch to keep it cool
[...] a local feral had helped himself to those 2 slices of pizza...

Our Ishtar once came through the catflap at breakfast time with
a complete still-warm bacon roll. I never did find which of our
neighbours had one inexplicably disappear.

Old December 3rd 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

oh my, that is funny, Lee
Jack Campin - bogus address wrote in message
DH had set the pizza, in the boxes on the back porch to keep it cool
[...] a local feral had helped himself to those 2 slices of pizza...

Our Ishtar once came through the catflap at breakfast time with
a complete still-warm bacon roll. I never did find which of our
neighbours had one inexplicably disappear.

============== j-c ====== @ ====== purr . demon . co . uk

==============
Jack Campin: 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland | tel 0131 660

4760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/ for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554

975
stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, & Mac logic fonts | mob 07800 739

557

Old December 3rd 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
DH had set the pizza, in the boxes on the back porch to keep it cool
[...] a local feral had helped himself to those 2 slices of pizza...

Our Ishtar once came through the catflap at breakfast time with
a complete still-warm bacon roll. I never did find which of our
neighbours had one inexplicably disappear.

That must be us, then. It happened in the monring, right? You owe us a
bacon roll, although I am not sure what one IS.

Will in New Haven

--

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail
better."

Old December 3rd 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Will in New Haven wrote:
Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
DH had set the pizza, in the boxes on the back porch to keep it cool
[...] a local feral had helped himself to those 2 slices of pizza...

Our Ishtar once came through the catflap at breakfast time with
a complete still-warm bacon roll. I never did find which of our
neighbours had one inexplicably disappear.

That must be us, then. It happened in the monring, right? You owe us a
bacon roll, although I am not sure what one IS.

Will in New Haven

LOL Maybe it's the equivalent of a Taylor Pork Roll?

Jill

Old December 3rd 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
DH had set the pizza, in the boxes on the back porch to keep it cool
[...] a local feral had helped himself to those 2 slices of pizza...

Our Ishtar once came through the catflap at breakfast time with
a complete still-warm bacon roll. I never did find which of our
neighbours had one inexplicably disappear.

OK now for those of us not in the UK, what is a bacon roll? And while we're
at it, what is brown sauce?

Jo

Old December 3rd 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

DH had set the pizza, in the boxes on the back porch to keep it cool
[...] a local feral had helped himself to those 2 slices of pizza...

Our Ishtar once came through the catflap at breakfast time with
a complete still-warm bacon roll. I never did find which of our
neighbours had one inexplicably disappear.

LOL! He just wanted to sit down with you and have a real breakfast!

Joyce
Old December 4th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
. net...

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
DH had set the pizza, in the boxes on the back porch to keep it cool
[...] a local feral had helped himself to those 2 slices of pizza...

Our Ishtar once came through the catflap at breakfast time with
a complete still-warm bacon roll. I never did find which of our
neighbours had one inexplicably disappear.

OK now for those of us not in the UK, what is a bacon roll?

It's fried bacon inside a 6inch x 2inch piece of baked bread dough. Where I
live we have bacon cobs. The cob is about 4 inches round and crusty.
Sausage and mushroom cobs are wonderful.

And while we're at it, what is brown sauce?

It comes in a bottle similar to tomato ketchup but it's brown and tastes
completely different ;-) We put it on our bacon rolls, or to dip chips in
(fries) Would be prepared to send a bottle to anyone who will reimburse
the postage.

Tweed

Old December 4th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Our Ishtar once came through the catflap at breakfast time with
a complete still-warm bacon roll. I never did find which of our
neighbours had one inexplicably disappear.

OK now for those of us not in the UK, what is a bacon roll?

It's fried bacon inside a 6inch x 2inch piece of baked bread dough.

In Scotland we usually make them with soft white "morning rolls",
about four inches square. That was what she brought in.

Old December 7th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Stormmee wrote:

[...]

I hope you will change your mind and stay with us, Lee. Thanks for a
lovely story!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek