Going for a ride with daddy

Old November 14th 04, 08:11 PM
O J

Default Going for a ride with daddy

Hi All,

All this good news about little Harri just reminded me of a time when
I had taken our Misty (RB) with me for a drive. Misty, as I'm sure
I've mentioned, loved rides in the pickup and when she was an only
cat, traveled with us through twenty-two states one vacation when we
took some time to see the country by driving.

My tale though, is about an event that occurred just a half mile from
home. DH was away on a girls-only vacation to Las Vegas and I felt
like taking a Sunday drive up to the mountaintop lookout at the Mt.
Wilson Observatory, which provides a magnificent view of LA.

We caught a traffic light on Pacific Coast Highway and pulled to a
stop with an SUV on our right. In the back seat of the SUV was a
German Shepard. The d*g, who was probably used to riding around with
his owner looked over my pickup and did a d*ggy double-take. There,
not three feet from his nose was a cat staring back at him. That d*g
came completely unglued at the sight and tried to squeeze through the
window opening that, wisely on the owner's part, was only big enough
for his nose.

For Misty's part, she was in kitty heaven. She pawed at our window
and gave him her repertoire of obscene kitty gestures. The d*g's
owner naturally looked over to see what all the commotion was about
and did a double-take of his own. I just smiled and waved as if it
were an everyday occurrence to take your cat for a ride.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old November 14th 04, 10:41 PM
polonca12000

Great story!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"O J" wrote in message
Hi All,

All this good news about little Harri just reminded me of a time when
I had taken our Misty (RB) with me for a drive. Misty, as I'm sure
I've mentioned, loved rides in the pickup and when she was an only
cat, traveled with us through twenty-two states one vacation when we
took some time to see the country by driving.

snip

Old November 14th 04, 10:41 PM
polonca12000

Great story!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old November 15th 04, 12:28 AM
Dan M

For Misty's part, she was in kitty heaven. She pawed at our window
and gave him her repertoire of obscene kitty gestures. The d*g's
owner naturally looked over to see what all the commotion was about
and did a double-take of his own. I just smiled and waved as if it
were an everyday occurrence to take your cat for a ride.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

While the best part of taking Harri for walks is the enjoyment she gets
from them, it's also quite amusing to watch the reactions of people who
see me walking my kitten on a leash. Especially when they see her
leaping over clumps of grass, pouncing on invisible prey, etc.

Dan

Old November 15th 04, 05:09 AM
Marina

O J wrote:

[...]

LOL! This reminded me of something that happened in my previous flat,
though it was the exact opposite in a way. The flat was half under
ground, so my windows were aligned with the ground. One morning, when I
hadn't drawn my curtains yet, Frank suddenly started acting strangely.
He rushed here and there, looking very upset. Then I drew the curtains,
and saw that someone had tied up a huge German Shepherd-looking (though
bigger) d*g right outside one of my windows. Frank started stalking back
and forth on the windowsill, all puffed up in best Halloween cat mode.
The d*g just sat there, looking the other way. I don't think he ever
noticed that Frank was inside, making his best effort to scare the
intruder off. Frank patrolled that windowsill until the d*g was picked
up by its owner.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 15th 04, 07:40 AM

O J wrote:

stop with an SUV on our right. In the back seat of the SUV was a
German Shepard. The d*g, who was probably used to riding around with
his owner looked over my pickup and did a d*ggy double-take. There,
not three feet from his nose was a cat staring back at him. That d*g
came completely unglued at the sight [snip]

For Misty's part, she was in kitty heaven. She pawed at our window
and gave him her repertoire of obscene kitty gestures.

Great story! I was literally "laughing out loud". (I'm a hard sell
when it comes to humor, so this is an accomplishment!)

I just love the image of the dog going ballistic, while the inaccessible
cat sat there calmly, doing the feline equivalent of thumbing her nose.

Joyce

Old November 16th 04, 02:18 AM
Enfilade

Taking Nox for a walk often gets surprised remarks of "oh! it's a
cat!" as if people "saw" a terrier at the end of the leash and only
upon second examination realized the animal's felinity.

--Fil