Jellicle Ball 2017: The Rainbow Bridge

Old October 11th 17, 08:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Default Jellicle Ball 2017: The Rainbow Bridge

[Rebecca goes to the stage.]

Kud I hav efurrywun'z attenshun, pleez?

[Kitties and friends stop what they are doing. Those not in the ballroom return to listen.]

Fangu. It iz time fur one of da most speshulest partz of da Jellicle Ball: da part whare we kan see owrown departid luvved wunz at da bootiful Rainbow Bridge. Dis yeer da Siamese Cat Chorale will give ussez a bootiful a capella purrformance of "Cat Anjil": feel free to sing along.

[Rebecca goes to the side of the stage as the chorale kitties walk on, and on, and on... the chorale is a big group! When they're all on stage, they start singing.]

Dat faytul day, da call was herd
Dat tu da Bridj yewd go
I drew yew bak ana we wer sayf
Bud den I let yew go -oh-oh.

Cat Anjil, kin yew heer mee?
Cat Anjil, kin yew see mee?
Ar yew sumware up abuv,
Anna am I stil yewr own tru luff?

I noe yew tried tu stay fur me
Ana gif me wun moor purr
A smurgle warm ana heddbutt tuu
Ana grummin uv da fur

Cat Anjil, kin yew heer mee?
Cat Anjil, kin yew see mee?
Ar yew sumware up abuv,
Ana am I stil yewr own tru luff?

Yew wer sick ana tired tuu,
I cudnt mayk yew stay
I'll nefer smuv yewr fur agin
Yewr atta da Bridj tuday

Cat Anjil, kin yew heer mee?
Cat Anjil, kin yew see mee?
Ar yew sumware up abuv,
Ana am I stil yewr own tru luff?

Cat Anjil, ansur mee pleeze....

[The singers pause and everyone looks up through the crystal-clear ice ceiling. The full moon shines brightly. At first the surrounding sky seems jet black, then something starts to appear... it is the Rainbow Bridge! After a minute, it appears more brightly and distant voices can be heard coming from the it...]

Deerhartz, we kin heer yew
Deerhartz, we kin see yewww
We ar weighting up abuv
Ana we ar still yewr own tru luvz.

[Everyone looks for their special loved ones that are now at the bridge. Various kitties and friends call out as they recognize their special departed ones. Those at the bridge look down and wave to their friends below.]
Old October 11th 17, 09:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

[Sundance looks up at the Rainbow Bridge, with Pit2nya at his side.]

Luk, Sweetee, so mennee uv owrown old frenz. Dere'z yurown sisfur Dyna, an my sisfur Cassidy, an Tiger an Anaïs, an OT an Harri, an so mennee utherz...

Sundance
Old October 11th 17, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Sammy and Ranger stand beside each other as they have up. They easily spot Amelia standing shoulder to shoulder with Mosey, and Harri Roadcat wearing a leather aviator helmet standing next to OT. Standing between them are the always regal Cleopatra and TV.

They and Francesca spot their Paw's brother Pat standing surrounded by a gaggle of Springer Spaniels, a coonhound and a Rhodesian Ridgeback. He has a lovely brown Siamese kitty on one shoulder and a once grizzled, now sleek and handsome, grey tabby mancat on the other shoulder.
Old October 11th 17, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

[Rebecca gazes up at the Rainbow Bridge. It seems especially clear and vivid this year, even a bit closer than usual. She feels almost as though she were in both places: in the ballroom looking up at old friends, and at the Bridge looking down at those below. Hercule sees this and nudges her, a little harder than he meant to.]

Hercule: No, Rebecca my dear, it is not yourown time yet. Stay with myownself a while longer.

[Rebecca tears her gaze away from the Bridge and slowly turns to Hercule.]

Rebecca: Yoo iz rite, deer Hercule. It iz not time yet, but it kud be soon.

Hercule: Would you like to dance, or have something to eat? I will get you anything you want, even if I have to send my private jet to get it.

Rebecca: No, letz juss sit an injoy da ball. Itz reely a furry majikal fing an I haz alwaze luvved it, ever sintz myown firstest one.

Hercule: All right, but be sure to tell myownself if there is anything you want.

Rebecca: I will, deer Hercule, I will.
Old October 11th 17, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[Daisy-chan looks up at the Rainbow Bridge.]

As always she scans for a one eyed scrappy male kittah and finds him.
They don't wave, they just look longingly at one another.

Old October 11th 17, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

[Cash looks up at the Rainbow Bridge, with Iowna at his side.]

They see Aunti Mabel who is patiently letting herself be a climbing toy
for many of the un-named kittens from the house of Miller. She waves
back and is obviously having fun though she misses them all and her
special Meowmie.

Old October 12th 17, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gabrielle David[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 12:27:52 AM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
[...]

[At the Bridge, Laura, a little white cat with just three legs and one gold and one blue eye, plays the final echoing refrain on flute. She cheek smooches her wed wink Vinnie of the House of Rennie and gives her brofur Ralph de Ralf, who is holding paws with his wed wink Kissa, a playful hedbonk.]

Guys, dey iz still singing da song we rote! It wuz a longlongong time ago dat we first sang dat. Memfur wen we were all inna band? Ana der iz hour meows, Anti Gabrielle ana Anti Heather. I didnt know huminz cud smile ana cri atta same tyme.
Old October 13th 17, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann

On 10/11/2017 3:27 AM, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
[...]

Samwise & Lucy lu looks up at the rainbow bridge. Sleeping near the edge
curled up together are Abby and Cinnamon. "I see them. Look they are
getting up and coming to look down. " They wave to Samwise and Lucy.
Old October 14th 17, 05:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 1:13:01 AM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
[Sundance looks up at the Rainbow Bridge, with Pit2nya at his side.]

Luk, Sweetee, so mennee uv owrown old frenz. Dere'z yurown sisfur Dyna, an my sisfur Cassidy, an Tiger an Anaïs, an OT an Harri, an so mennee utherz...

Sundance

....Sooo mennyy menny otherz (Pit2nya tayks owt a krumpelt hanky and wypes away anudder tear.)
Pit2nya
Old October 14th 17, 06:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

[...]

P2nya looks hard for a tortoise kitty and a grey kitty.
She knows that they lived with Meowmee long uhgo...
Hiiii Yoww, Hi Mousey, I see that you both met Dyna MoMite

P2nya