Medical OT

Old January 29th 12, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default kindle

Christina Websell wrote:

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
Exactly. That was my intention. If my first "Kindle" post showed up
in the same thread as Tweed's post and related discussion, then I'm
not sure what I did wrong, as I followed advice that was posted here
the last time this issue came up.

Tweed is using Outlook Express, which behaves in a wildly nonstandard
way compared with other newsreaders

No, it doesn't and if I post medical stuff, it's ok for anyone not to read
it, but when it murfs into "kindle" very soon that is not good.

Tweed, I'm really sorry that I did that, but it was a genuine mistake.
I thought that I was starting a brand-new thread, which would not appear
in your thread at all. I just did it wrong, a technical error, so it
did end up in your thread after all. Aargh.

The irony is, I was trying to create a new thread to talk about the
Kindle for the very reason that you feel offended. I know it's a lousy
thing to do, to hijack a serious thread about something as scary as
what you're going through, to gab about consumer products. So again,
I'm sorry that it ended up happening that way, but I hope you'll
believe that I actually had the opposite intention.

--
Joyce

What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher
Old January 29th 12, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 1/28/2012 7:01 PM, wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

"Jack wrote in message
[...]

Joyce, don't beat yourself about this, it wasn't your fault. Tweed is
carrying this on way too far. I just hope she mentions this behavior to
her doctor, it could be a critical symptom.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at:
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old January 29th 12, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
Exactly. That was my intention. If my first "Kindle" post showed up
in the same thread as Tweed's post and related discussion, then I'm
not sure what I did wrong, as I followed advice that was posted here
the last time this issue came up.
Tweed is using Outlook Express, which behaves in a wildly nonstandard
way compared with other newsreaders
No, it doesn't and if I post medical stuff, it's ok for anyone not to
read it, but when it murfs into "kindle" very soon that is not good.

It looks like a different thread for most of us. It's not obscuring
your original one in any way, except with your software.

If Christina does a basic newsreader block on any thread with Kindle in
the title, then she would not see any of the Kindle posts at all. Simple:
sorted.

Yes, know that, Helen.

Old January 29th 12, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Oh, no never mind about it. I am only waiting to see whether I have a brain
tumour or not.

Old January 29th 12, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Joyce, don't beat yourself about this, it wasn't your fault. Tweed is
carrying this on way too far. I just hope she mentions this behavior to
her doctor, it could be a critical symptom.

It's not because Lori and I have fallen out, eh?
Tweed

Old January 29th 12, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message

Joyce, don't beat yourself about this, it wasn't your fault. Tweed is
carrying this on way too far. I just hope she mentions this behavior to
her doctor, it could be a critical symptom.

It's not because Lori and I have fallen out, eh?
Tweed

I haven't fallen out with you Tweed. There's one topic I'll no longer
discuss with you, but friends I would hope, can disagree on on thing but
still be friends.

In actuality, I'm really very worried about you. You, yourself, have
mentioned that you've been exhibiting behavior that you don't normally
experience. If there is any hint of a brain tumor (pray not) a change
in behavior can be a very significant symptom. It's something, were I
you, I would mention to the doctors as another symptom along with the
loss of smell and taste.

Old January 29th 12, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Jack wrote in message
[...]

Yes, we understand that. We feel deeply for you and all of us want to
support you and wish you well, Christina. Joyce has expressed her deep
regret and sorrow at hurting your feelings by her unintentional actions
and her care and regard for you shows in the fact she's made several
sincere and heartfelt apologies to you in public.

Since Joyce can't change the past, what else would you have her do?

Yowie
Old January 29th 12, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default kindle (an aside)

Takayuki wrote:

For some reason, whenever you respond to one of my posts, my user
name (bastxxxette) never shows up in the line above (attributing it
to me). I wonder why that is?

The difference is because MaryL's reader is configured to show the poster's
name in the response, but your newsreader is not configured to put a name
in your From field, only your email address. On the other hand, my
newsreader is configured to just put the entire From field in the
attribution.

There, I think this is better.

Thanks,

--
Joyce

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.
Old January 31st 12, 10:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 1/29/2012 5:49 PM, Bastette wrote:
Takayuki wrote:

For some reason, whenever you respond to one of my posts, my user
name (bastxxxette) never shows up in the line above (attributing it
to me). I wonder why that is?

The difference is because MaryL's reader is configured to show the poster's
name in the response, but your newsreader is not configured to put a name
in your From field, only your email address. On the other hand, my
newsreader is configured to just put the entire From field in the
attribution.

There, I think this is better.

I remember when I used to use Xnews that it wouldn't quote the username
of someone with the @ sign in their username. Or it might have been OE.
I can't remember. Thunderbird has no problem with it.

Old January 31st 12, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Takayuki wrote:

For some reason, whenever you respond to one of my posts, my user
name (bastxxxette) never shows up in the line above (attributing it
to me). I wonder why that is?

The difference is because MaryL's reader is configured to show the poster's
name in the response, but your newsreader is not configured to put a name
in your From field, only your email address. On the other hand, my
newsreader is configured to just put the entire From field in the
attribution.

There, I think this is better.

I remember when I used to use Xnews that it wouldn't quote the username
of someone with the @ sign in their username. Or it might have been OE.
I can't remember. Thunderbird has no problem with it.

Yay, I'm somebody at last!

--
Joyce

What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry