Dufus's operation

Old December 21st 04, 02:06 AM
Paul O.

Default Dufus's operation

Well after the weekend of laxatone, the object had moved out of the stomach.
The vet tried an enima to dislodge it, no luck. So, exploratory surgery was
done. The object turned out to be a damned almond, a whole almond. I musta
dropped it on the floor without realizing it. And he usually won't touch
anything on the floor not even his spilled food. Just goes to show ya, gotta
be careful, although things just get by us.
Pick him up tomorrow afternoon. Damned expensive almond, shoulda told the
vet to save it and I will get it Bronzed.
--
Paul O.

Old December 21st 04, 02:13 AM
Mathew Kagis

"Paul O." wrote in message
. ..
Well after the weekend of laxatone, the object had moved out of the

stomach.
The vet tried an enima to dislodge it, no luck. So, exploratory surgery

was
done. The object turned out to be a damned almond, a whole almond. I musta
dropped it on the floor without realizing it. And he usually won't touch
anything on the floor not even his spilled food. Just goes to show ya,

gotta
be careful, although things just get by us.
Pick him up tomorrow afternoon. Damned expensive almond, shoulda told the
vet to save it and I will get it Bronzed.
--
Paul O.

I'm impressed that the almond made it down there in one peice to start with.
Hope your cat recovers well & your bank account is'nt too wounded...

Cheers
Mathew

Old December 21st 04, 02:46 AM
Mary

"Paul O." wrote in message
. ..
Well after the weekend of laxatone, the object had moved out of the

stomach.
The vet tried an enima to dislodge it, no luck. So, exploratory surgery

was
done. The object turned out to be a damned almond, a whole almond. I musta
dropped it on the floor without realizing it. And he usually won't touch
anything on the floor not even his spilled food. Just goes to show ya,

gotta
be careful, although things just get by us.
Pick him up tomorrow afternoon. Damned expensive almond, shoulda told the
vet to save it and I will get it Bronzed.
--

Oh I'm so glad Dufus is okay! The little nut.

Old December 21st 04, 03:08 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Paul O." wrote in message
. ..
Well after the weekend of laxatone, the object had moved out of the

stomach.
The vet tried an enima to dislodge it, no luck. So, exploratory surgery

was
done. The object turned out to be a damned almond, a whole almond. I musta
dropped it on the floor without realizing it. And he usually won't touch
anything on the floor not even his spilled food. Just goes to show ya,

gotta
be careful, although things just get by us.
Pick him up tomorrow afternoon. Damned expensive almond, shoulda told the
vet to save it and I will get it Bronzed.
--
Paul O.

Wow - an *almond*, of all things. Who would've thought that a cat would be
interested enough in an almond to ingest one!? Dufus needs to take the
"Curiosity killed the cat" maxim a little more to heart! (So does Demelza,
one of my cats.)

Glad his problem had a definite solution, even if it was one very pricey
almond. Yep, I vote for getting the thing bronzed; you could ask the vet to
please dig through the garbage. ;-)

Cathy

Old December 21st 04, 03:43 AM
Paul O.

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message

"Paul O." wrote in message
. ..
The object turned out to be a damned almond, a whole almond. I musta
dropped it on the floor without realizing it. And he usually won't touch
anything on the floor not even his spilled food. --
Paul O.

I'm impressed that the almond made it down there in one peice to start
with.
Hope your cat recovers well & your bank account is'nt too wounded...

Cheers
Mathew

Well over the last week it sure has taken a big hit.
--
Paul O.
Absolutely clueless when it comes to cats

Old December 21st 04, 03:48 AM
Paul O.

Later on, I started to wonder... he didn't swallow it *with* the shell,
did
he?? (Thinking of those pointy ends - ouch!!) I assumed it was shelled -
just the almond nutmeat itslef, but otoh, it seems like that could've slid
through the GI tract okay... Cats. Sheesh. ;-)

Cathy

It was just the meat and no shell

Old December 21st 04, 04:50 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Paul O." wrote in message
m...

Later on, I started to wonder... he didn't swallow it *with* the shell,
did
he?? (Thinking of those pointy ends - ouch!!) I assumed it was

shelled -
just the almond nutmeat itslef, but otoh, it seems like that could've

slid
through the GI tract okay... Cats. Sheesh. ;-)

Cathy

It was just the meat and no shell

--
Paul O.

Thanks - that's what I first assumed. Before I got to wondering more about
it. I wonder if the moisture caused the almond to swell... (new wondering)

Cathy