Claw colors?

Old March 30th 09, 04:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default Claw colors?

I was trimming everyone's claws tonight and noticed that the part of the
claw that is supposed to be pink is black on most of Aby's claws. Does it
mean he has a health problem of some kind?

Old March 30th 09, 06:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Pat" wrote:
I was trimming everyone's claws tonight and noticed that the part of the
claw that is supposed to be pink is black on most of Aby's claws. Does it
mean he has a health problem of some kind?

Mixed black and pink claws, marbled claws, and completely black claws
are not abby-normal, although rarer than the common white-translucent
claws with pink quicks. Pam's QC and Flippy's Chloe, for example, are
black-clawed cats.
Old March 30th 09, 06:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote
| "Pat" wrote:
| I was trimming everyone's claws tonight and noticed that the part of the
| claw that is supposed to be pink is black on most of Aby's claws. Does it
| mean he has a health problem of some kind?
|
| Mixed black and pink claws, marbled claws, and completely black claws
| are not abby-normal, although rarer than the common white-translucent
| claws with pink quicks. Pam's QC and Flippy's Chloe, for example, are
| black-clawed cats.

Tak, this black is only in the part that is supposed to be pink. The other
parts of his claws are translucent-white.

Old March 30th 09, 06:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Pat" wrote:
| Mixed black and pink claws, marbled claws, and completely black claws
| are not abby-normal, although rarer than the common white-translucent
| claws with pink quicks. Pam's QC and Flippy's Chloe, for example, are
| black-clawed cats.

Tak, this black is only in the part that is supposed to be pink. The other
parts of his claws are translucent-white.

Betty had black striped quicks on some of her rear claws. And she had
some pink toes and some violet toes, and some white whiskers and some
black whiskers.
Old March 30th 09, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Takayuki"
"Pat"
| Mixed black and pink claws, marbled claws, and completely black claws
| are not abby-normal, although rarer than the common white-translucent
| claws with pink quicks. Pam's QC and Flippy's Chloe, for example, are
| black-clawed cats.

Tak, this black is only in the part that is supposed to be pink. The other
parts of his claws are translucent-white.

Betty had black striped quicks on some of her rear claws. And she had
some pink toes and some violet toes, and some white whiskers and some
black whiskers.

Have you heard about the nail polish for cats?
Claw'real. (From Catmopolitan Magazine)
Kyla

Old March 30th 09, 08:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Mar 29, 8:49*pm, "Pat" wrote:
I was trimming everyone's claws tonight and noticed that the part of the
claw that is supposed to be pink is black on most of Aby's claws. Does it
mean he has a health problem of some kind?

I'm guessing that its the base of the claw that's black. Mayhem has a
few of those.

I recall one of the veterinarians saying it was from yeast buildup and
not serious, but please don't quote me on that. Mayhem hasn't been
bothered by it at all, and it doesn't seem to be spreading.

I'd leave a message with your vet, but unless the claw is deformed,
the toe or the area around the toe seems red and tender, and the cat
seems to be in discomfort, then i wouldn't worry. I'd just ask the
vet for their opinion.

I looked online and couldn't find anything, sorry,

I'll double check with a technician friend of mine tomorrow.

Kristi

Old March 30th 09, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
I was trimming everyone's claws tonight and noticed that the part of the
claw that is supposed to be pink is black on most of Aby's claws. Does it
mean he has a health problem of some kind?

Both mine have transparent claws and the veins in them are pink, but I
assume it's because they have white feet. I would get in touch with an Aby
breeder if I were you, they will tell you if it's normal or not.

Tweed

Old March 30th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
I was trimming everyone's claws tonight and noticed that the part of
the
claw that is supposed to be pink is black on most of Aby's claws.
Does it
mean he has a health problem of some kind?

What is strange to me, is I was just sitting on the sofa a little
while ago and looking at Kayla's claws. Six of her twenty claws are
black, but then again she is a black and white border collie. What I
was noticing was even the black ones are only black on the outer
surface, they are all the same color on the worn off ends.

Can't remember ever having a cat with dark claws, but see no reason
why they couldn't or shouldn't. Since mine get to go out, I don't
have any reason to trim claws.

Jo

Old March 31st 09, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I was trimming everyone's claws tonight and noticed that the part
of the claw that is supposed to be pink is black on most of Aby's
claws. Does it mean he has a health problem of some kind?

By analogy with human fingernails I'd think a visit to the vet is
called for. In people, dark spots under the nails can be a sign
of suabacute bacterial endocarditis (among several other things) -
which is quite easy to treat but bad news if you ignore it.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====