Variations in toy-mousie-hunting technique :o)

Old January 27th 05, 05:13 PM
Gabey8

Default Variations in toy-mousie-hunting technique :o)

When I brought Captain and Stanley home from the shelter, I was advised
that they both love those little fur-covered mousie toys. So of course,
that was my cue to run out and get some.

I put two such mice in the basement, and two in the living room.

Captain discovered them first, and has been playing with them pretty
frequently. Last night was no exception: he has been demonstrating all the
many ways that a cat has at its disposal to kill a mouse. He stuns it with
his paws. He flings it through the air and then pounces on it. He delivers
the killing bite.

Stanley, meanwhile, opted to bring one of the toy mousies from the
basement upstairs. While Captain was beating the daylights out of his
mousie in the living room, Stanley set to work on HIS mousie in the dining
room.

Much later, Stanley had moved on to taking a nap and I went to return the
mousie he'd been playing with to the basement. That's when I noticed that
said mousie was soaking, wringing wet. DRENCHED is an understatement.

Apparently, Stanley's method of killing toy mice involves GROOMING them to
death. )

Donna, Captain and Stanley

Old January 27th 05, 05:16 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:13:27 -0500, "Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com
(formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) yodeled:

[...]

They feel pretty slimy when you step on them with bare feet.

Theresa
Old January 27th 05, 05:41 PM
jmcquown

Gabey8 wrote:
Apparently, Stanley's method of killing toy mice involves GROOMING
them to death. )

Donna, Captain and Stanley

LOL! I hope Stanley doesn't ever find a real mousie; you might just find
yourself with another (very clean) "pet" on your hands!

Jill

Old January 27th 05, 05:57 PM

To quote Snooch: "I would lick it for hours."

Old January 27th 05, 07:34 PM
Melissa Houle

Much later, Stanley had moved on to taking a nap and I went to return the
mousie he'd been playing with to the basement. That's when I noticed that
said mousie was soaking, wringing wet. DRENCHED is an understatement.

Apparently, Stanley's method of killing toy mice involves GROOMING them to
death. )

Donna, Captain and Stanley

Or perhaps just drowning it with drool. =o) LOL I'm glad the boys are
feeling so comfortable and "at home" already.

Melissa

Old January 27th 05, 07:37 PM
Denise VanDyke

Melissa Houle wrote:
Much later, Stanley had moved on to taking a nap and I went to return the
mousie he'd been playing with to the basement. That's when I noticed that
said mousie was soaking, wringing wet. DRENCHED is an understatement.

Apparently, Stanley's method of killing toy mice involves GROOMING them to
death. )

Donna, Captain and Stanley

Or perhaps just drowning it with drool. =o) LOL I'm glad the boys are
feeling so comfortable and "at home" already.

Melissa

An additional option (one that Brenna uses on occassion) is that it was
"drowned" in the water dish or toilet. This is a main reason that all
toilet lids are kept in the closed position when not in immediate use -
or when Dad has been over. I didn't want to have to explain the cat
toys to the nice plumber. Although, I'm sure they've seen it all before.

- Denise Brennasmeowmy

Old January 27th 05, 08:05 PM
Helen Miles

"Denise VanDyke" wrote in message

I didn't want to have to explain the cat
toys to the nice plumber. Although, I'm sure they've seen it all before.

Been there.....done that. ;o)

The toilet got blocked. Tiger had only shredded the toilet roll which is
reigh nect to the toilet, all the tissue had gone in, and then he had
done his usual trick of jumping on the flush which is a press button on
the top of the loo.

The plumber didn't believe "The cat did it", until he saw Tiger flush!

Helen M

Old January 27th 05, 08:43 PM
Victor Martinez

Gabey8 wrote:
Apparently, Stanley's method of killing toy mice involves GROOMING them to
death. )

LOL! That's too funny. Might have taken a bath on the water dish too,
ours like dropping mousies there.
In our house, the first step in killing toy mice involves eating the
tail of said mouse. Issa usually does this, but lately I've noticed
Rufous doing the same thing.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 27th 05, 11:24 PM
Cheryl

On Thu 27 Jan 2005 12:13:27p, Gabey8 wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
alkaboutpets.com)
:

Apparently, Stanley's method of killing toy mice involves
GROOMING them to death. )

Cute story! I have one I've been meaning to share. About Bonnie.
I've written about her almost manic obsession with her play-n-
squeak mousy toys previously. I still usually find them all (4)
lined up, or more likely, 3 all together and the 4th that doesn't
squeak anymore, I find in the kitchen. I always wonder if she
thinks its sick and is bringing it to the food. Who knows. hehe

She's always been the only one who plays with these mousies ...
until now. The other night there was only one under the dining room
table. She spotted it, looked around and started yowling! Being the
mind-reader that I am, I told her we'd go find her other mousies. I
found one downstairs (with her following me supervising), another
in the kittens room (again she followed me) but the 4th was no
where to be found. I put the 3 together under the table and hoped
she'd be satisfied with just the 3 and not worry about the missing
one (the one with the broken squeaker). She apparently was, she
settled down with her mousies and seemed happy. The next day I came
home from work and all 4 mousies were under the table. Today, the
one with the broken squeaker was (you might have guessed this) in
the kitchen; the other 3 still under the table.

--
Cheryl
Old January 27th 05, 11:42 PM
Cheryl

On Thu 27 Jan 2005 03:05:58p, Helen Miles wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
(news:174ad4ecb9a9c14c57869ceae2a00e3a.76411@mygat e.mailgate.org):

The toilet got blocked. Tiger had only shredded the toilet roll
which is reigh nect to the toilet, all the tissue had gone in,
and then he had done his usual trick of jumping on the flush
which is a press button on the top of the loo.

The plumber didn't believe "The cat did it", until he saw Tiger
flush!

Helen M

Speaking of mousie toys... we have many many different varieties of
them - the squeaky ones, the ones that rattle when you shake them
(one of the favorites around here), little suede ones, ones with
bells on their tails (you get the picture). I had to have a pest
control company in my home to treat for termites and when I walked
the guys downstairs he saw a bunch of mousie toys and told me that
I seem to have a rodent problem, too.

--
Cheryl