New Poll

Old December 1st 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Default New Poll

Who is the alpha cat in your household?

In ours it is QC over all.

Each cat has his own field of expertise where they are the alpha expert.
Huey is in charge of Rob's bed (Huey just lets me share it). Sonya is in
charge of delivering messages; Pine Cone is in charge of wild events; Honor
is in charge of strange things (lately she has taken to sleeping and eating
inside of an empty fish tank); Merlin is in charge of water glasses; and
Tanada is in charge of gas. There are other fields of expertise, but I'm
too tired to remember them at the moment.

Pam S.

Old December 1st 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"tanada" wrote in message
news
Who is the alpha cat in your household?

In ours it is QC over all.

Each cat has his own field of expertise where they are the alpha expert.
Huey is in charge of Rob's bed (Huey just lets me share it). Sonya is in
charge of delivering messages; Pine Cone is in charge of wild events;
Honor is in charge of strange things (lately she has taken to sleeping and
eating inside of an empty fish tank); Merlin is in charge of water
glasses; and Tanada is in charge of gas. There are other fields of
expertise, but I'm too tired to remember them at the moment.

Timid little Molly is definitely the Alpha cat in our house. Which grates
on Jake the Meezer's nerves no end. Still Molly is the dog whisperer. And
with a snootful of nip she can whip Jake's butt. She takes full advantage
of the time she spent being a mama cat.

Jo

Old December 1st 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

tanada wrote:
Who is the alpha cat in your household?

In ours it is QC over all.

Each cat has his own field of expertise where they are the alpha expert.
Huey is in charge of Rob's bed (Huey just lets me share it). Sonya is in
charge of delivering messages; Pine Cone is in charge of wild events; Honor
is in charge of strange things (lately she has taken to sleeping and eating
inside of an empty fish tank); Merlin is in charge of water glasses; and
Tanada is in charge of gas. There are other fields of expertise, but I'm
too tired to remember them at the moment.

Pam S.

Nina is the boss kitten, around here. She bullies and chases her poor
mother immercifully. And yet, they are often to be found curled up
together either asleep, or grooming one another. =o) It's Cesca who is
the door warden, though. She's a bit bolder about meeting and greeting
strangers, while Nina hides under the comforter on the bed. =o)

Melissa

Old December 1st 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 04:19:47 GMT, "tanada"
yodeled:

Who is the alpha cat in your household?

In ours it is QC over all.

Each cat has his own field of expertise where they are the alpha expert.
Huey is in charge of Rob's bed (Huey just lets me share it). Sonya is in
charge of delivering messages; Pine Cone is in charge of wild events; Honor
is in charge of strange things (lately she has taken to sleeping and eating
inside of an empty fish tank);

Whoooo! Go Honor!

Merlin is in charge of water glasses; and
Tanada is in charge of gas.

You know, this could have been a poem:
"Merlin is in charge of water glasses
Tanada in charge of gas passes."

There are other fields of expertise, but I'm
too tired to remember them at the moment.

Pam S.

Totally Stinky. There is no way to revoke fourteen years of
seniority. Dante loves to leap at him but it's *because* Stinky's
the alpha, and Dante is in charge of leaping at things.

Otherwise, Stinky is in charge of all the boxes. ALL the boxes
everywhere. He is in charge of cuddling, lap-sitting, and
chest-meatloafing, of belly rubs, of kissing, of the basement, of
patrolling the perimeter, of mousing (catch-and-release), late-night
and early morning piano playing, bathroom escort, and yowling.

Dante is in charge of the air-cleaner (it is one of his favorite
places to meatloaf), tripping people on the stairs, strange little
dances on my legs (with twenty claws out), pipe cleaners, drinking
straws, bottle caps, the crinky froggy toy, and continuous purring.

In fact, here is a word from Dante:
HELLO EFFURYBODDY I HAF LOTS OF EXTRA PURRS ALLATIME SO U CAN HAF ALL
THE PURRS U NEED ENNYTIME CAWS I PURR ALLATIME

Thank you Dante.

They are jointly in charge of zoomies, cat noises, and hoomin
food-tasting.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 1st 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

tanada wrote:
Who is the alpha cat in your household?

Basho, hands down. He's also the smallest at just around 8 lbs, but when
his ears go back, everybody else backs down. He's my tough lover-boy.
It's funny to watch Basho beat up on Fez, who is easily twice as big.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 1st 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

wrote:

Who is the alpha cat in your household?

There's some doubt about that with our three... they all seem dominant
in different ways - Scouty is the biggest and strongest (but very
retiring), Tessie is the most vociferous and demanding and visible
(just by virtue of being young and active)... but when it comes to
feeding time we see who truly rules the roost - SILVER! She's very
quiet about it, but she always gets her way... when I put the bowls
down they each have their own. Silver scarfs hers down and then if
she's not restrained she moves to Scouty's bowl, Scouty moves over to
Tessie's and Tessie backs away without a protest. I don't want Scouty
and Tessie to go hungry so I hold Silver off until one of the others
is finished, and then I let them sort it out.

Old December 1st 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

[snips]

No cluons were harmed when "tanada" wrote:
Who is the alpha cat in your household?

Generally speaking, Little Feet is in charge, but in a laid back,
mellow sort of way.

Dulce Mae is the dominant one, who passes out evaluations and
discipline to all but Little Feet. She generally has rude things to
say about boy cats, and will not allow another girl cat in the house.

Little Boy *wants to be* alpha cat. He often crowds Little Feet from
his favorite spots, steals Dulce Mae's spots when she gets up, and has
been known to mistakenly bat at Dulce Mae when she passes by. He
always gets a piece of her mind, and flinches as she does, so he
hasn't worked it out yet.

Buster is king of the cuddle, hanging on *tight* with needle-sharp
claws. Little Boy is king of kisses and hugs, especially if you have a
peppermint in your mouth. Little Feet is king of all-around sweetness,
allowing me to rock him like a baby and to kiss him on the head. He
cuddles with me whenever possible. Dulce Mae is simply The Princess.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old December 1st 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Ours is Stosh, without a doubt. He's taking his guard duty very seriously,
poking into every room at night to make sure everything's OK, and has
delegated the nightly massage to his second-in-command, Brandy. God forbid a
squirrel come into the yard; he'll be at the window yelling warnings and
obscenities to the trespassing rodent, running from room to room to make sure
his presence is well-noticed. He also doesn't know his strength, and forgets
that two-legged people don't have a fur coat; Stosh'll try to engage me in a
wrasslin match at his whim, and sometimes those claws can dig in. He is
gentlemanly though, and after watching to make sure the food is evenly
distributed, will let the girls go first before he looks for a dish for
himself.

Sabrina, however, is arguing with Roxie over who is to be the Lady of the
House. Roxie has been a miffed little princess and has been getting into
squabbles with our newest little girl, mostly over who gets time with Daddy.
Although the language isn't very ladylike. As Sabrina gets more courage, the
talk gets saltier. I have the feeling that I'm in the middle of a riveting
Alexis and Krystle scene out of "Dynasty." Except my girls don't need
shoulder pads to look their best.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old December 2nd 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

wrote:

Who is the alpha cat in your household?

Sometimes it is hard to tell, since the house is broken up into
different territories ruled by this one or that one. But I have
noticed that when the wood stove is going, it is always Robin who has
the premier center spot. And when he decides to sleep on my bed, he
lies down where he wants; even if it is Djoser's regular place. And
Djoser runs off growling. Robin also patrols the place. When he spots
the feral tomcat out the window, he will run from window to door to
another window, keeping track of it's movements. And all the time he
is growling with his tail puffed out. Djoser and Sheba don't pay any
attention; they are no longer interested in the outside.

--
CATherine
Old December 2nd 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

tanada wrote:
Who is the alpha cat in your household?

In ours it is QC over all.

Each cat has his own field of expertise where they are the alpha expert.
Huey is in charge of Rob's bed (Huey just lets me share it). Sonya is in
charge of delivering messages; Pine Cone is in charge of wild events; Honor
is in charge of strange things (lately she has taken to sleeping and eating
inside of an empty fish tank); Merlin is in charge of water glasses; and
Tanada is in charge of gas. There are other fields of expertise, but I'm
too tired to remember them at the moment.

Pam S.

Hmmmmm. I'm not sure anyone is Alpha Cat since Mojo and Sabra went to
the Bridge.

I think right now we're having a "debate" about who is the Alpha Cat.
Trill, Merlyn, Wolfie and Jack seem to all be vying for the position.
Maybe Arthur, too, although I think he just likes to jump in where there
is trouble! (that's his middle name!) Internet could care less, Kate is
just curious, Brando just wants fed and loved, and Cosmo doesn't worry
about it because he *knows* he is the Top Cat. :-)

Ginger-lyn
and The Nine