A sad movie of a cat trying to revive his friend run over by a car

Old July 17th 10, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Netmask[_2_]

Default A sad movie of a cat trying to revive his friend run over by a car

http://www.youmaker.com/video/sv?id=...a8b3f003432001
Old July 17th 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf[_2_]

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 10:37:09 +1000, Netmask
wrote:

http://www.youmaker.com/video/sv?id=...a8b3f003432001

That is heartbreaking

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100716-1, 07/16/2010
Tested on: 7/16/2010 10:04:49 PM

Old July 18th 10, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc[_2_]

Suddenly, without warning, Netmask exclaimed (7/16/2010 8:37 PM):

http://www.youmaker.com/video/sv?id=...a8b3f003432001

And they say animals can't grieve, and don't understand death. How is
what this cat is doing any different than any human crying and holding a
deceased friend and crying, "Don't leave me!"?

As Gandalf said, heartbreaking.

jmc
Old July 18th 10, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"jmc" wrote in message
Suddenly, without warning, Netmask exclaimed (7/16/2010 8:37 PM):

http://www.youmaker.com/video/sv?id=...a8b3f003432001

And they say animals can't grieve, and don't understand death.......

Only some religions say this.....Us atheists know better. One of our (older)
cats follows my wife around like a puppy dog. When she goes down to
California to visit her grandkids, he grieves and lives in her clothes
closet until she comes back. If she didn't make it back, I think he would
die there........

Old July 18th 10, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc[_2_]

Suddenly, without warning, Bill Graham exclaimed (7/17/2010 10:15 PM):

"jmc" wrote in message
Suddenly, without warning, Netmask exclaimed (7/16/2010 8:37 PM):

http://www.youmaker.com/video/sv?id=...a8b3f003432001

And they say animals can't grieve, and don't understand death.......

Only some religions say this.....Us atheists know better. One of our
(older) cats follows my wife around like a puppy dog. When she goes down
to California to visit her grandkids, he grieves and lives in her
clothes closet until she comes back. If she didn't make it back, I think
he would die there........

Actually, my comment had nothing to do with religion at all, in fact I
don't believe this to be a subject divided along religious lines.

Meep follows me around like a puppydog as well, but over time has
realized that I always come back, and uses hubby as an alternate petting
machine when I'm gone. She bosses him around a lot more than I allow
her to do to me

jmc
Old July 18th 10, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

Just defining what I think you mean by, "they". In my experience, the
religious set thinks only we humans have souls, and, (as a result) there are
no animals in heaven. They also tend to put animals down a lot, because
their God doesn't do much toward saving all those millions of little furry
creatures from freezing and starving to death every Winter. The atheistic
types, however, know that animals think, grieve, and feel pain, both
emotional and physical, just as we humans do, and that video shows it very
well.

Old August 4th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

Years ago, my mom and I were discussing this as we are Christian, but
also believe that animals go to heaven. How could it be heaven
without them?

My mom suggested that animals were never kicked out of the garden,
therefore, they do not need a way into heaven.

As for soul, I think it really depends on definition. Animals clearly
demonstrate emotions and self-awareness. They can makes friends and
enemies, do good things and bad, etc. They just have a lower level of
thinking, such as a small child who understands a limited concept of
good and bad, but can't plan for the future and predict consequences.

We have always brought home our dead animals after they have been
euthanized. Not only do we bury them at home, but we believe that the
other animals should see them and understand as best they can what
happened. When my first cat, Fiona, died, my second cat was 9 years
old. He was not the brightest cat I have had, but was very sweet, and
was definitely best buddies with Fiona. He approached her the first
time, hissed, and ran away. He returned about 15 minutes later, and
purred for a long time. That night, he slept in her spot on top of me,
and did not do it again for almost a year.

I really believe this methods helps us all, as we can all grieve
together and comfort each other. Otherwise, they may wait months
before giving up and fully grieving, and by then, the people don't
understand what the problem is.

My last loss was Kira, 4 years ago this month. She hated Chase,
because he chased her (never name your cat Chase, huge mistake). After
she died, Chase was miserable. He grieved badly for her. We never
realized how much he loved her because he was always chasing her. But
he thought it was a game, so he lost his buddy. He has since moved on
to chasing somebody else, who also does not appreciate it. But it was
very hard for him for several months as he really greived a lot for
her.

Old August 4th 10, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
"Bill Graham" wrote in message

Just defining what I think you mean by, "they". In my experience, the
religious set thinks only we humans have souls, and, (as a result) there
are no animals in heaven. They also tend to put animals down a lot,
because their God doesn't do much toward saving all those millions of
little furry creatures from freezing and starving to death every Winter.

Sadly, God doesn't do much toward saving all those millions of humans who
starve to death and die of disease every year either.

Yes.....Kind of makes you wonder just what he's doing with all that spare
time, doesn't it? Of course, one would never think that "He" doesn't exist
at all.........

Old August 9th 10, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

If you think the name "Chase" is part of the problem, why don't you
rename him? What do you think would be a suitable name that he would
like? MLB
Old August 9th 10, 07:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

If you think the name "Chase" is part of the problem, why don't you
rename him? * What do you think would be a suitable name that he would
like? *MLB

It was mostly a joke. We didn't realize when we named him that he was
going to be a hunter cat and that our other cats would be prey. But he
was a barn cat. We may have gotten him as a kitten, but he has very
strong hunting instincts from his parents. SO, I doubt any name would
have made a difference. He will be 10 years old next month, so this is
simply the way he is.

Movie [email protected] Cat anecdotes 3 May 11th 10 05:07 AM
Cat Tries to Revive Friend Hit By Car (Very Sad) Gandalf Cat anecdotes 26 May 5th 10 01:47 PM
A friend of a friend has two d*ggies needing a home. Fred Williams[_3_] Cat community 1 September 30th 09 04:45 AM
baptist teen summer camps skinny beauty teen gynecologicalexamination movie not another teen movie unrated [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 March 24th 08 11:00 AM
Another movie I want to see [email protected] Cat anecdotes 34 July 1st 04 09:42 AM