Update on Mom (they have no clue)

Old August 22nd 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Update on Mom (they have no clue)

They did a colonoscopy. Maybe bleeding polyps; they hadn't actually told
her when I spoke with her. But they started her on some medications and she
hopes she'll get to go home tomorrow. She's still bleeding to the point of
having to wear adult diapers (doesn't sound that great to me, but a
colonoscopy isn't exaclty a non-invasive procedure). She said she feels
fine and ate a hearty breakfast and most of her lunch. YAY!

She'll be fine; I'm convinced of it. But she doesn't want me to come down
there. I'm being urged and urged and urged again by my brother, to the
point I'm not answering the phone when he calls. Mom says a visit from me
right now would agitate my father. He's very frail. And she's the one who
has to deal with him. It's a bit like a soap opera. I'm adhering to my
mom's wishes.

Thanks for the good wishes. Keep up the purrs, please. Mom for the
medication to work and for my dad to be a tad more cognizant.

Jill

Old August 22nd 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 22, 3:50 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad to hear your mom is okay. She sounds like a regular Mom,
worried
about everyone else more than herself!

Sherry

Old August 22nd 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Thanks for the good wishes. Keep up the purrs, please. Mom for the
medication to work and for my dad to be a tad more cognizant.

Jill

We're keeping the purrs coming. For your mom, your dad, and the entire
family.
Old August 22nd 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
has to deal with him. It's a bit like a soap opera. I'm adhering to my
mom's wishes.

I think you're doing the right thing.

Thanks for the good wishes. Keep up the purrs, please. Mom for the
medication to work and for my dad to be a tad more cognizant.

Purr!!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 22nd 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Jill was she awake during the procedure. I has one done and was wide awake
the doctor explained everything as she was doing it. I had bleeding polyps
which were easily seen and the doctor talked to me about everything
including the treatment which was laser surgery which she did on the spot.

Of course I had to add a few comments to break the ice. Such as going where
no man has gone before, Can you hear me know. Off course the doctor joined
in and had me already blushing worse than sitting there exposed to the
world.

I had to get the last laugh in and asked well do I at least get a kiss

I am glad she is doing better

If they still can't find anything I would have them do a whole body scan
you can get a virtual colonoscopy done that way

Old August 22nd 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

You have my sympathy and best wishes, in addition to the ongoing purrs for
your parents. Your brother and mother have effectively put you in a no win
situation. That can be very painful and impossible to reconcile. Maybe you
can get that across to your brother.

Jo

Old August 22nd 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs continue, for her, for your father and for you. Your mother is
obviously a strong woman. I think you're right to honor her wishes. It's
too bad your brother is giving you such a bad time. Being caught in the
middle is awful.

Joy

Old August 23rd 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs are on the way. Bleeding from there, even profuse-looking bleeding,
isn't necessarily something lethal. I had a problem with colitis some years
ago that looked (and felt) very bad and was pretty frightening. With the
right attention and medication, it was fixed right up and never recurred.
Purrs that the colonoscopy is clear, and your relatives chill.

Theresa

Old August 23rd 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

You've got all the purrs Missy can muster and our prayers for your Mom.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 23rd 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
has to deal with him. It's a bit like a soap opera. I'm adhering
to my mom's wishes.

I think you're doing the right thing.

Thanks, Victor. I think my going down there would just agitate the wash, so
to speak. I think I'm doing the right thing, too. Mom knows I'l be there
the moment she needs me. I've offered many times over the last 10 years to
move closer and I've reiterated it. I can be there to cook, shop, run
errands, take them to appointments, whatever. She says "not yet". So I
have to adhere by her wishes and I will.

Jill