Ike "survivor" heard from...

Old September 15th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jbhajos

Default Ike "survivor" heard from...

....finally!!! My niece and DH live in The Woodlands of Houston. When we
heard that Ike was heading there, we all anxiously awaited news from her.
Family and friends, in Alabama, Georgia, and Virginia, kept the e-mails
and phones busy asking if anybody had heard anything. None of us had. At
last we got the news this morning. They and the pets are safely stashed
out in a motel in Corsicana, TX. Amy said they were lucky, they got the
last available room in the town!

They checked out their home and Amy says they are amazed at how much
mischief a Cat 2 hurricane can cause 60 miles inland!! They plan to stay
in the motel a few more days before going home permanently to unravel said
mischief. We are all vastly relieved!!

Jeanne
Old September 15th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

jbhajos wrote:
...finally!!! My niece and DH live in The Woodlands of Houston.
When we heard that Ike was heading there, we all anxiously awaited
news from her. Family and friends, in Alabama, Georgia, and Virginia,
kept the e-mails and phones busy asking if anybody had heard
anything. None of us had. At last we got the news this morning.
They and the pets are safely stashed out in a motel in Corsicana, TX.
Amy said they were lucky, they got the last available room in the
town!

They checked out their home and Amy says they are amazed at how much
mischief a Cat 2 hurricane can cause 60 miles inland!! They plan to
stay in the motel a few more days before going home permanently to
unravel said mischief. We are all vastly relieved!!

Jeanne

It's good to hear they're OK. I hope we hear soon that Lori and Annie
weathered the storm, it may be some time though as thousands of home are
without electricity.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 16th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

jbhajos wrote:
They checked out their home and Amy says they are amazed at how much
mischief a Cat 2 hurricane can cause 60 miles inland!! They plan to stay

My in-laws were too stubborn to leave their home, not far from the
Woodlands. They've been without power since Ike hit, but the only
serious damage they got was a flown fence. Could have been much worse,
their house is surrounded by rather large trees.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 16th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
jbhajos wrote:
They checked out their home and Amy says they are amazed at how
much
mischief a Cat 2 hurricane can cause 60 miles inland!! They plan
to stay

My in-laws were too stubborn to leave their home, not far from the
Woodlands. They've been without power since Ike hit, but the only
serious damage they got was a flown fence. Could have been much
worse, their house is surrounded by rather large trees.

Glad they are OK. Though how OK they feel will depend on just how
long they are without power and how long it take to clean up and
replace the fence.

My task for today was to go to the tree place and make an appointment
to remove the damaged branch from last winters storm. I thought it
would be OK, but keep looking at it and how much new top growth it has
and how heavy it is vs how much its damaged. Didn't make it.
Tomorrow.

Jo

Old September 16th 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:56:35 +0800, jbhajos
wrote:

They checked out their home and Amy says they are amazed at how much
mischief a Cat 2 hurricane can cause 60 miles inland!! They plan to stay
in the motel a few more days before going home permanently to unravel said
mischief. We are all vastly relieved!!

I'm glad your niece is ok!

It's amazing how much mischief the remnants of a Cat 2 hurrican can
cause 1000 miles inland! My parents in southern Indiana spent a good
portion of Sunday putting up with hurricane force winds (no rain).
The power went out for most of the region (Louisville, KY area), and
remains out for a good portion of it (including most of their county).

In their town there are trees down all over - old, tall, well
established trees just blown over. That sort of thing just doesn't
happen there unless a tornado comes through. Fortunately, my parents
and other relatives came through ok. Mom and Dad lost a tree and some
shingles, but the power is back on at their house. My brother has
been told it'll be a few days before they get electricity at his
family's house in the country (he's on a boil order for water too)

Jeanne Hedge

http://www.jhedge.com
Old September 16th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

We talked to Peter's brother in Texas City, near Galveston. They are okay.
They had some minor damage and lost power.

--
Ann
in Connecticut