PING Catnipped - are y'all okay?

Old September 17th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default PING Catnipped - are y'all okay?

Yes, I know you may be without power and/or Internet connectivity as I
post this, so let us know as soon as you can.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old September 17th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Mark I think her area is still out of power and not due to get it back till
next week. I picked up a person from the airport that lives near her area.
That is the info he told me no power, no cell phone but he had water, gas
and septic.

But no matter what she and the otehrs are in my prayers

m...

Old September 17th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Sep 17, 2:15*pm, "Matthew"
wrote:
Mark I think her area is still out of power and not due to get it back till
next week. *I picked up a person from the airport that lives near her area.
That is the info he told me * no power, no cell phone *but he had water, gas
and septic.

Hey, that's a bit like my dad. In Lufkin he has no running water, no
phone, but he has power and his internet connection (so we chatted by
email this week, rather than by phone). I'm not actually sure if he
has a gas water heater or not (I know he's got an electric stove).

But no matter what she and the otehrs are in my prayers

Double and triple dittos to that.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

m...

Yes, I know you may be without power and/or Internet connectivity as I
post this, so let us know as soon as you can.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request- Hide quoted text -

Old September 18th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...

Yes, I know you may be without power and/or Internet connectivity as I
post this, so let us know as soon as you can.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Just sending you plenty of purrs and good thoughts.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old September 18th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

Default PING Catnipped - are y'all okay? --Newspaper article

Excerpt from the Spring Observer, Sept. 17:

The Spring area was the most affected by trees and downed power lines in
the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. Most of Spring is still without power
because of the trees and they caused significant damage to businesses and
homes alike. A small percentage of people have received power but it is
spotty throughout the community.

"We are still waiting for power to be turned on out two of our stations and
we are on the priority list," Ponderosa Fire Chief Fred C. Windisch said.
"In the Spring area, we have not had any injuries or death from Hurricane
Ike..."

Full article: http://tinyurl.com/3pd2u8

Strange how you worry and think about people you've never even met...

Bobble
Old September 19th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Sep 18, 12:19 pm, bobblespin wrote:
[...]

I dunno about any other area, such as TX but in FL it was an open
secret
that the places with Number One Dibs on power restoration after 'canes
or other power-nixers where I lived were ice-cream stores,
supermarkets,
meat markerts, pretty much in that order. Big Buck there melting away.
Florida Plunder and Loot (Power and Light) which is what some of us
called it, responds to the needs of the few over the wants of the
masses.
It's just a fact of life there. You better be in dire need before you
can drag
them away from the Number One Dibs.

I'd agree with you that its terrible. Only we live two blocks from
and on the same grid section as a fire station. So we are never
affected by rolling blackouts and we get first dibbs when it comes to
power restoral. Its nice to snuggle up next to Number One Dibs.

Honestly, I can see where the greater good is served by getting places
where people can buy food and gas up and running would come before
getting neighborhoods up and running.

Jo

Old September 19th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

bobblespin wrote:
Excerpt from the Spring Observer, Sept. 17:

The Spring area was the most affected by trees and downed power lines in
the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. Most of Spring is still without power
because of the trees and they caused significant damage to businesses and
homes alike. A small percentage of people have received power but it is
spotty throughout the community.

"We are still waiting for power to be turned on out two of our stations and
we are on the priority list," Ponderosa Fire Chief Fred C. Windisch said.
"In the Spring area, we have not had any injuries or death from Hurricane
Ike..."

Full article: http://tinyurl.com/3pd2u8

Strange how you worry and think about people you've never even met...

Bobble

Yes! I've been looking for a post from her too. MLB
Old September 19th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

I've worried about her, too. Purrs that everyone is okay.

--
Ann
in Connecticut
"MLB" wrote in message
bobblespin wrote:
Excerpt from the Spring Observer, Sept. 17:

The Spring area was the most affected by trees and downed power lines in
the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. Most of Spring is still without power
because of the trees and they caused significant damage to businesses and
homes alike. A small percentage of people have received power but it is
spotty throughout the community.

"We are still waiting for power to be turned on out two of our stations
and we are on the priority list," Ponderosa Fire Chief Fred C. Windisch
said. "In the Spring area, we have not had any injuries or death from
Hurricane Ike..."

Full article: http://tinyurl.com/3pd2u8

Strange how you worry and think about people you've never even met...

Bobble

Yes! I've been looking for a post from her too. MLB

Ping Catnipped (I know AGAIN) tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 7 July 29th 08 07:25 PM
Ping Catnipped Irulan Cat anecdotes 3 December 7th 07 02:45 PM
Ping CatNipped Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 29 May 16th 07 09:42 PM
ping Catnipped theresa Cat anecdotes 3 September 23rd 05 06:23 PM
PING CatNipped Marina Cat anecdotes 1 February 12th 05 03:46 PM