OT Migraine Purrs

Old January 26th 05, 03:36 AM
Karen Chuplis

Default OT Migraine Purrs

I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a sinus/migraine/which led
to tension and back to migraine cycle. I am taking what seems like four
billion drugs that don't seem to be helping. I just took one I used to take
a long time ago and while you are supposed to take it at the onset of the
headache, well....there is no onset because it has just been a long
continous one. I just want to feel OK again. I've never had anything go on
this long and I am really miserable now. So any kitty migraine go away purrs
you could send dwould be mightily appreciated. I can't even read clear
through the group right now. I'm taking three cats and going to bed.

Old January 26th 05, 03:41 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 25 Jan 2005 10:36:57p, Karen Chuplis wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a
sinus/migraine/which led to tension and back to migraine cycle.
I am taking what seems like four billion drugs that don't seem
to be helping. I just took one I used to take a long time ago
and while you are supposed to take it at the onset of the
headache, well....there is no onset because it has just been a
long continous one. I just want to feel OK again. I've never had
anything go on this long and I am really miserable now. So any
kitty migraine go away purrs you could send dwould be mightily
appreciated. I can't even read clear through the group right
now. I'm taking three cats and going to bed.

Oh, Karen, I can relate. Many purrs that something helps.

--
Cheryl
Old January 26th 05, 04:09 AM
Takayuki

Karen Chuplis wrote:

I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a sinus/migraine/which led
to tension and back to migraine cycle. I am taking what seems like four
billion drugs that don't seem to be helping. I just took one I used to take
a long time ago and while you are supposed to take it at the onset of the
headache, well....there is no onset because it has just been a long
continous one. I just want to feel OK again. I've never had anything go on
this long and I am really miserable now. So any kitty migraine go away purrs
you could send dwould be mightily appreciated. I can't even read clear
through the group right now. I'm taking three cats and going to bed.

Betty and I are sending purrs for your migraines to go away and for
you to feel well real soon.

Old January 26th 05, 05:05 AM
Gabey8

Argh! I empathize, as a person who's dealt with migraines. Purrs and
purr-ayers on the way at once!

Donna, with Captain and Stanley's anti-migraine motors running at full
volume

Old January 26th 05, 05:30 AM
Sam Nash

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a sinus/migraine/which
led
to tension and back to migraine cycle. I am taking what seems like four
billion drugs that don't seem to be helping. I just took one I used to
take
a long time ago and while you are supposed to take it at the onset of the
headache, well....there is no onset because it has just been a long
continous one. I just want to feel OK again. I've never had anything go on
this long and I am really miserable now. So any kitty migraine go away
purrs
you could send dwould be mightily appreciated. I can't even read clear
through the group right now. I'm taking three cats and going to bed.

Purrs? You got 'em. Twin purr-motors revving up for you to feel better.
Sam

Old January 26th 05, 06:10 AM
L. (usenetlyn)

Karen Chuplis wrote:
I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a

sinus/migraine/which led
to tension and back to migraine cycle. I am taking what seems like

four
billion drugs that don't seem to be helping.

Karen, I feel for ya, hon. I have them - getting worse and worse each
year. The only thing that kills them for me are Vicodin - none of the
migraine meds work.

Many hugs and gentle purrs,
-L.

Old January 26th 05, 06:37 AM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:36:57 -0600, Karen Chuplis wrote:

I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a sinus/migraine/which led
to tension and back to migraine cycle. I am taking what seems like four
billion drugs that don't seem to be helping. I just took one I used to take
a long time ago and while you are supposed to take it at the onset of the
headache, well....there is no onset because it has just been a long
continous one. I just want to feel OK again. I've never had anything go on
this long and I am really miserable now. So any kitty migraine go away purrs
you could send dwould be mightily appreciated. I can't even read clear
through the group right now. I'm taking three cats and going to bed.

Have you seen a doctor? There are new meds now that control migraines
effectively. My granddaughter takes them and they have helped a lot. I
had migraines from the time I was 10 years old. They left when I was in
my 50s. Purrs that you will find something to give you relief. MLB
Old January 26th 05, 08:04 AM
MaryL

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a sinus/migraine/which
led
to tension and back to migraine cycle. I am taking what seems like four
billion drugs that don't seem to be helping. I just took one I used to
take
a long time ago and while you are supposed to take it at the onset of the
headache, well....there is no onset because it has just been a long
continous one. I just want to feel OK again. I've never had anything go on
this long and I am really miserable now. So any kitty migraine go away
purrs
you could send dwould be mightily appreciated. I can't even read clear
through the group right now. I'm taking three cats and going to bed.

Karen,

I suggest that you go to a doctor in the morning. I used to get migraines
regularly, especially if I did not take medication at the very first signs
(fortunately, that is one thing that often disappears as we get older -- and
mine did). When it would get as bad as you described, I sometimes had to go
to a doctor for an injection because none of the prescriptions I had would
work at that time. I think my doctor used an injection of Torodol (also
available by prescription, but only the injection seemed to work if the
headache had already lasted for many days).

MaryL

Old January 26th 05, 08:40 AM
Krista

Karen Chuplis wrote:
I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a

sinus/migraine/which led
to tension and back to migraine cycle. I am taking what seems like

four
billion drugs that don't seem to be helping. I just took one I used

to take
a long time ago and while you are supposed to take it at the onset of

the
headache, well....there is no onset because it has just been a long
continous one. I just want to feel OK again. I've never had anything

go on
this long and I am really miserable now. So any kitty migraine go

away purrs
you could send dwould be mightily appreciated. I can't even read

clear
through the group right now. I'm taking three cats and going to bed.

Poor Karen. :-( We're sending quiet, soothing anti-migraine purrs
your way, hoping you feel better by morning.

------
Krista

Old January 26th 05, 09:16 AM
Helen C Simmons

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a sinus/migraine/which
led
to tension and back to migraine cycle. I am taking what seems like four
billion drugs that don't seem to be helping. I just took one I used to
take
a long time ago and while you are supposed to take it at the onset of the
headache, well....there is no onset because it has just been a long
continous one. I just want to feel OK again. I've never had anything go on
this long and I am really miserable now. So any kitty migraine go away
purrs
you could send dwould be mightily appreciated. I can't even read clear
through the group right now. I'm taking three cats and going to bed.

Sorry to hear this Karen. As a fellow migraine sufferer I do understand the
h*ll that is a long migraine. Migraines are not simple headaches, they are
far worse. I've had broken bones and been through childbirth and migraines
are *worse*

What works for me is a daily magnesium supplement - it controls my migraines
well. Alas, migraines are fickle beasts & what works well for one person
doesn't always work for another :-(

Hoping you get better soon, helen s

Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Request for purrs (kinda long) Denise VanDyke Cat anecdotes 57 August 18th 04 01:50 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM