Even indoor cats complain about the weather

Old April 13th 12, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Even indoor cats complain about the weather

Pickles and Waffles - especially Waffles - are NOT happy! It has been
raining here, and we're getting the occasional thunderstorm. When the
thunder booms, or the rain suddenly becomes a downpour, they don't like it.
I've had one or the other of them on my lap quite a bit this morning. At
one point, Waffles came in to where I'm sitting at the computer, and his
eyes were so dilated I could hardly see the irises. After a spell on my
lap, the pupils decreased in size, but they're still pretty large. A while
ago, he was in the hallway when thunder boomed. He looked anxiously at the
ceiling. It has quieted down now, and so has he. He's sleeping now,
probably exhausted from all that adrenaline.

--

Joy

I'd been told the training process with cats was difficult. It's not. Mine
had me trained in two days.
- Comedian Bill Dana

Old April 13th 12, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Joy wrote:

Pickles and Waffles - especially Waffles - are NOT happy! It has been
raining here, and we're getting the occasional thunderstorm. When the
thunder booms, or the rain suddenly becomes a downpour, they don't like it.
I've had one or the other of them on my lap quite a bit this morning. At
one point, Waffles came in to where I'm sitting at the computer, and his
eyes were so dilated I could hardly see the irises. After a spell on my
lap, the pupils decreased in size, but they're still pretty large. A while
ago, he was in the hallway when thunder boomed. He looked anxiously at the
ceiling. It has quieted down now, and so has he. He's sleeping now,
probably exhausted from all that adrenaline.

We had a huge thunderstorm last night! It went on for quite a while,
which is unusual. It was very loud, as though the storm was right over
my head, and maybe it was.

Predictably, Licky was rattled by it. Even Roxy, who is usually pretty
mellow, looked uneasy. Every time the thunder rumbled and banged over our
heads, cat ears would start swiveling all over the place. Licky looked
poised to bolt, but he didn't. I believe that had something to do with
it being dinner time. I did notice that neither of them missed out
on that.

--
Joyce

What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry
Old April 16th 12, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
Pickles and Waffles - especially Waffles - are NOT happy! It has been
raining here, and we're getting the occasional thunderstorm. When the
thunder booms, or the rain suddenly becomes a downpour, they don't like
it. I've had one or the other of them on my lap quite a bit this morning.
At one point, Waffles came in to where I'm sitting at the computer, and
his eyes were so dilated I could hardly see the irises. After a spell on
my lap, the pupils decreased in size, but they're still pretty large. A
while ago, he was in the hallway when thunder boomed. He looked anxiously
at the ceiling. It has quieted down now, and so has he. He's sleeping
now, probably exhausted from all that adrenaline.

Poor Waffles. Boyfie doesn't like thunder much either.

Old April 17th 12, 09:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

The Fabulous Furballs are not fond of thunder but take their lead from
us- if we're not concerned they're not but you can always tells when
there's going to be a big storm when they come in the same room as us
and sit very close to us

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs