Cat shadows

Old December 30th 04, 04:44 PM
TBird

Default Cat shadows

Every once in a while, I will think a cat is approaching me... I'll look
around - no one there.

Does anyone else get cat shadows?

I do get cat *ghosts* for about a year after they go to the RB. The kind
that I have to jump up before I sit on them n the bed or couch, or that I
think I see entering a room with me. I don't remember getting dog ghosts
when Rowdie Pup went over the RB.

So tell me, amd I insane, or is it a mass hallucination? ;-)

TBird ---- I know a cat is near I just can't SEE her

Old December 30th 04, 06:19 PM
O J

TBird wrote:

Every once in a while, I will think a cat is approaching me... I'll look
around - no one there.

Does anyone else get cat shadows?

---------------------snip----------------------

I think it's only natural to think you see them out of the corner of
your eye. Otherwise it wouldn't be such a common experience.
Sometimes I'll be sitting on the side of the bed and feel a cat jump
up on it behind me. Then I'll turn around to look and find no one
there.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old December 30th 04, 06:23 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:44:57 GMT, "TBird" yodeled:

Every once in a while, I will think a cat is approaching me... I'll look
around - no one there.

Does anyone else get cat shadows?

I often "see" him out of the corner of my eye when there is no chance
he could be around.

I do get cat *ghosts* for about a year after they go to the RB.

Oh yes.

Theresa
Old December 30th 04, 06:44 PM
Nina K Pettis

TBird wrote:

Every once in a while, I will think a cat is approaching me... I'll look
around - no one there.

There's often a cat on the (high) back of my chair, but sometimes
they're not visible to me.

Does anyone else get cat shadows?

I do get cat *ghosts* for about a year after they go to the RB. The kind
that I have to jump up before I sit on them n the bed or couch, or that I
think I see entering a room with me. I don't remember getting dog ghosts
when Rowdie Pup went over the RB.

I've had dog ghosts, or channeling spirits, in the past; once I "saw" a
Shih Tzu who had recently crossed the Bridge out of the corner of my
eye, but when I looked directly at him it was his housemate. The
departed was black and white, and the survivor was a pale solid grey --
very different in appearance and attitude!

So tell me, amd I insane, or is it a mass hallucination? ;-)

TBird ---- I know a cat is near I just can't SEE her

Same here -- we feel that Seth (RB on Monday) is still here, but we
can't see him!

Nina in Texas, in service to:
Snickelfritz (RB), Pixel (RB 12/03), Rusty (RB 9/9/04), Seth (RB
12/27/04), Skeeter, Kyle, and Jake -- and Lucas
--
Professional proofreading doesn’t cost – it pays!
www.ninaproofs.com

Old December 30th 04, 07:41 PM
Dan M

TBird wrote:
Every once in a while, I will think a cat is approaching me... I'll look
around - no one there.

Does anyone else get cat shadows?

Yep. Happens fairly frequently when I'm at home.

I do get cat *ghosts* for about a year after they go to the RB. The kind
that I have to jump up before I sit on them n the bed or couch, or that I
think I see entering a room with me. I don't remember getting dog ghosts
when Rowdie Pup went over the RB.

So tell me, amd I insane, or is it a mass hallucination? ;-)

I get cat ghosts for a while after they've gone to the RB, but have at
least once experienced the ghost of a cat that I had never in RL. A dog
ghost, as well, that I had never met in RL. I think those of us with
weak spots for kitties are just a lot more attuned to feline spirits,
this more likely to encounter them.

Dan

TBird ---- I know a cat is near I just can't SEE her

Old December 30th 04, 07:50 PM
TBird

"Dan M" wrote in message
TBird wrote:
[...]

Yes!!!

I once saw the cat ghost of a cat I'd never met!

TBird --- possibly not insane after all.... nah!

TBird ---- I know a cat is near I just can't SEE her

Old December 30th 04, 08:00 PM
Dan M

I once saw the cat ghost of a cat I'd never met!

TBird --- possibly not insane after all.... nah!

At least no more so than the rest of us

Dan
Old December 30th 04, 08:11 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:44:57 GMT, "TBird" wrote:

Every once in a while, I will think a cat is approaching me... I'll look
around - no one there.

Does anyone else get cat shadows?

I do get cat *ghosts* for about a year after they go to the RB. The kind
that I have to jump up before I sit on them n the bed or couch, or that I
think I see entering a room with me. I don't remember getting dog ghosts
when Rowdie Pup went over the RB.

So tell me, amd I insane, or is it a mass hallucination? ;-)

TBird ---- I know a cat is near I just can't SEE her

Yep, happens to me a lot. I figure it's other peoples' cats visiting
me (I do peer pet-loss counseling online). Just wish I could tell who
was who so I could tell their humans I've seen them! But usually,
it's such a quick flash, I can't tell more than color, if that. So
you're not alone :-)

Ginger-lyn

Old December 31st 04, 05:25 PM
jmcquown

TBird wrote:
Every once in a while, I will think a cat is approaching me... I'll
look around - no one there.

Does anyone else get cat shadows?

Nope, but Persia is the only cat I've ever had.

I do get cat *ghosts* for about a year after they go to the RB. The
kind that I have to jump up before I sit on them n the bed or couch,
or that I think I see entering a room with me. I don't remember
getting dog ghosts when Rowdie Pup went over the RB.

So tell me, amd I insane, or is it a mass hallucination? ;-)

TBird ---- I know a cat is near I just can't SEE her

My small dog Sampson, who was with me almost 18 years, hung around until
Persia showed up. He was watching out for me. Once Persia insinuated
herself into my life I guess he felt he could move on.

Jill

Shadow's Song Cheryl Cat anecdotes 34 April 9th 04 04:48 PM
Bird Shadows a song parody SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 1 January 12th 04 05:19 AM