Cat Language

Old November 18th 10, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default Cat Language

I've definitely learned how to speak "cat". Sammy was lying on the end of
my bed but no matter how I enticed her with scritchin's, she wouldn't come
over and be petted. So I used my "kitten in distress" meow and she
immediately jumped up and ran over to me... heh, heh, heh - faked her out
that time! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old November 18th 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Nov 17, 9:29*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
I've definitely learned how to speak "cat". *Sammy was lying on the end of
my bed but no matter how I enticed her with scritchin's, she wouldn't come
over and be petted. *So I used my "kitten in distress" meow and she
immediately jumped up and ran over to me... heh, heh, heh - faked her out
that time! *;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

The Princess Rita kitty-cusses at me. Usually when she wants to curl
up in my spot on the couch and I chase her off. That's when she
stalks around my feet, uttering short, sharp 'meh' sounds. It's
clearly kitty-cussing, right?
My friend Helen calls, and Rita gets up on my lap and tells her all
about it, in long involved detail, too.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old November 18th 10, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Jane wrote:
[...]

I'll never forget the time Princess (Siamese RB 16) bawled me out. I
left the house without telling her and forgot to fill her kibble bowl.
When I returned, she was waiting by the door and immediately started
telling me how thoughtless I was. She turned and led me to the back
room, turning every few seconds to make sure I was following. I was
telling her how sorry I was to neglect her so. When she reached her
bowl she turned, sat down facing me and said: "See! It's empty".

When she first came to me as a stray, she had a multitude of sounds --
murrps, trills, high and low ,meows but she eventually stopped using
them and sent me telepathic messages instead. How I loved that cat!
MLB
Old November 19th 10, 07:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Nov 17, 6:29*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
I've definitely learned how to speak "cat". *Sammy was lying on the end of
my bed but no matter how I enticed her with scritchin's, she wouldn't come
over and be petted. *So I used my "kitten in distress" meow and she
immediately jumped up and ran over to me... heh, heh, heh - faked her out
that time! *;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Mischief squeaks now, and I'll squeak back at her. We'll have whole
conversations.

When I was a tech and I had a chatty cat in the exam room I would do
that
Cat: Meow!
Me: And how are you today?
Cat: Meow!
Me: Really? I'm sorry to hear that..how long has it be going on?
Cat: Meow! Meow!
Me: Well I'd be happy to look at it, if you'll allow me to look
there.

And depending on the owner's reaction, which was usually them
laughing, I'd continue or not, while I prepped the thermometer.

Sometimes if it was one that was a friend of mine I'd say things like
"No, I don't think it's polite for the other cats to sniff you
there." "Really? You mean (insert name of other pet) only washes
THREE back toes?" And that usually would get th em really laughing.

Mischief also curses at me when I give her butt wipe downs...and i
know they're not very nice.

Mayhem MEOW usually translates to either Mom or NOW, depending on her
intent. Occasionally her meows will get more and more attitude in
them, and I'll turn around and shake a finger at her. "You watch your
language or I'll wash that furry mouth of yours out with soap!"

Imp hardly talks at all. I've only heard half a dozen sounds out of
him in the last seven years.

Kristi
Old November 19th 10, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Nov 17, 9:29*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
I've definitely learned how to speak "cat". *Sammy was lying on the end of
my bed but no matter how I enticed her with scritchin's, she wouldn't come
over and be petted. *So I used my "kitten in distress" meow and she
immediately jumped up and ran over to me... heh, heh, heh - faked her out
that time! *;

We have a remarkable glossary of cat-talk in the house. Roxie is
probably the most expressive with polysyllabic, multi-tonal phrases of
trills, meows and squeaks that have taken years to crack. After six
years we still are not fluent in Roxese.

Stosh is fairly straightforward but in one area. He has somethig we
call the "Mama meow," a soft and almost warbling collection of Stosh-
noise he utters just before he jumps on me to rub me down at night. He
only uses it with me and we're not quite sure if he's tellign me to
get ready or jsut saying he loves his Mama. Otherwise he tells me No
when he doesn't want to be picked up, tells the birds and squirrels to
get the hell off his lawn (that he nevers sets paw upon) and lets us
know when it's chow time or bedtime. And he has his cusswords for
Philip, with whom he is often at odds.

Brandy is still in baby mode (all 15 pounds of her) and mews like a
tiny kitten, having learned that this is a sure way to secure
attention. Sabrina is a riot. She isn't even six pounds but she roars
like a lion: "MWAAAAARR!!!" Philip (all 20 pounds of him) is terrified
of her.

China does not meow. She makes a silent, supersonic meow occasionally,
and makes a breathy whisper that sounds like Hat. But mostly she purrs
so loudly that we can hear her two rooms away. Philip, we found, meows
in the key of A and sounds like the concertmaster at the orchestra
tuning his violin before the performance.

Odessa was the queen of the cuss word. She was affectionate after her
first three months, but didn't like to be disturbed when resting or
taken to a carrier. She would hiss and curse like the proverbial
sailor, and often punctuate her point by knocking down objects.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old November 19th 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Hey Kristi, how are you doing girlfriend? I haven't kept up as well as I
should with my old friends here (maybe simply not-so-early-onset
Alzheimer's, but it doesn't seem as close and chatty here as it used to).
Where are you now in your job hunting? I know it must be horribly tough in
today's economy - unfortunately pet care seems to be one of the first things
to go when people are feeling a pinch in their wallets. Are you doing OK
sweetie? Are you still doing your fire dancing (I seem to remember
something about your going to "The Burning Man"?)?

Gads, I feel like some old woman (where did she come from?) reminiscing
about us all cheering you on through all the tough work of tech school (and
anticipating reading y our "Vet Tech Journals"). I'm starved for just some
friendly conversation that's not interrupted by commercials .

Old November 19th 10, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Judith Latham wrote:

When my next door neighbours moved in they had a black cat called Sid
(RB). Whenwe came home from work he would be waiting on his front lawn for
me to out to my freezer in the garage to get something for dinner. He
would go into the garage with me and we would have quite a chat in cat
chat. He seemed to enjoy it and would reply to me. I often wondered what I
was saying to him.

Heh heh, I often wonder that myself. From what you say it sounds like
your conversation met with Sid's approval.

Joyce

--
A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
-- Leo Rosten
Old November 23rd 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

That is why I like rpcc, the tales that are told come from the cats view.
Each of my three have their own way of telling me what they think. When I
am upset, they each have their way of trying to find out what is wrong and
trying to help.

Sign language BfloPolska Cat anecdotes 0 June 24th 10 03:42 PM
Adult language! (Not OT) Lesley Cat anecdotes 7 March 23rd 10 06:54 PM
Animals use the same language we do. CoreyWhite Cat health & behaviour 13 August 30th 07 01:27 AM
OT Body Language Matthew Cat health & behaviour 12 July 16th 07 12:35 AM
OT Body Language Matthew Cat anecdotes 0 July 11th 07 07:18 AM