Spicey requests your attention

Old May 7th 16, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Spicey requests your attention

Spicey was in a particularly playful mood, and was hopping and scrabbling
and chasing the other cats. Dot and Buster scurried out of the way as
Spicey pounced at them and did a little jig.

All of a sudden, I felt claws digging into my calf. "OW!!!" I said in
surprise and pain. I turned to see Spicey about to take a bite out of my
leg.

Spicey was a little startled too by my yelp, and slackened her grip. I put
a tablet PC that I happened to be holding, between us like a shield. She
started to come after me again, but I kept backing off and holding her off
with the tablet.

Until finally, I got to the vacuum cleaner, which I turned on. Spicey was
really startled by that, and backed off several feet, giving me a chance to
run away. Spicey was determined not to let me out of her sight, and
pursued.

For several minutes, we went all around the house, with Spicey keeping up
with me tenaciously despite my slight speed advantage.

Finally, I sat down, and said, "What in the world do you *want*???"

Spicey hopped up on my lap, looked at me, and tapped me on the chest with a
velvet paw. She said she wanted to explain that the the clawing was an
accident, but I just wouldn't listen!
Old May 7th 16, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 5/7/2016 1:27 PM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

LOL! Cats! Ya gotta love 'em!
Old May 17th 16, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/17/2016 1:49 AM, Cheryl wrote:
Takayuki Wrote in message:
[...]

I'm glad she apologised! LOL Actually while reading this it reminded me of the early years with Shamrock RIP. He used to get in moods like that where he'd attack my legs and follow me and keep attacking. Cats can be scary sometimes!

Buffy gets that way on occasion when she's had a case of the zoomies.
Those little claws are like needles (which I can't seem to keep under
control). Yes, cats can be a tad scary. They think they're playing and
having a big time but they don't realize OUCH! That hurts!

Jill
Old May 18th 16, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Takayuki Wrote in message:
[...]

And yet, some people seem to think they're perfectly safe with their pet
mountain lion or leopard.

--
Joyce

- Mommy loves you too my sweaty litter baby fire
- Ummm what mom?
- MY SWEET LITTLE BABY GIRL!! sorry honey!
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old May 18th 16, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Takayuki Wrote in message:
[...]

Those people are crazy (and also likely outside the law in having such
"pets").

Jill
Old May 18th 16, 12:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Those little claws are like needles (which I can't seem to keep under
control). Yes, cats can be a tad scary. They think they're playing
and having a big time but they don't realize OUCH! That hurts!

They vary quite a lot in how aware they are of the issue. My Muriel
and Splodge both wanted to be lap cats, but when Muriel wanted my
lap I needed thick protective clothing - the happier she got the
deeper she dug her claws in. Whereas Splodge could sit on my lap
purring away for hours and never grab at all.

Old May 18th 16, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

Bastette wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

Buffy gets that way on occasion when she's had a case of the zoomies.
Those little claws are like needles (which I can't seem to keep under
control). Yes, cats can be a tad scary. They think they're playing and
having a big time but they don't realize OUCH! That hurts!

And yet, some people seem to think they're perfectly safe with their pet
mountain lion or leopard.

Those people are crazy (and also likely outside the law in having such
"pets").

And let's just say, for the sake of argument, that someone's pet mountain
lion really is tame and a total sweetheart. They could still kill the person
just by playing with them! Or one day they get in a bad mood and swat at
their human (the way domestic cats do from time to time), except that this
swat removes a big chunk of skin.

--
Joyce

I've gone running from the devil
At times I've beaten down his path
Old May 18th 16, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/18/2016 3:58 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Bastette wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

Buffy gets that way on occasion when she's had a case of the zoomies.
Those little claws are like needles (which I can't seem to keep under
control). Yes, cats can be a tad scary. They think they're playing and
having a big time but they don't realize OUCH! That hurts!

And yet, some people seem to think they're perfectly safe with their pet
mountain lion or leopard.

Those people are crazy (and also likely outside the law in having such
"pets").

And let's just say, for the sake of argument, that someone's pet mountain
lion really is tame and a total sweetheart. They could still kill the person
just by playing with them! Or one day they get in a bad mood and swat at
their human (the way domestic cats do from time to time), except that this
swat removes a big chunk of skin.

I agree with you! Playful, sure. OMG, you might kill me without
intending to, absolutely.

Jill
Old May 18th 16, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 5/18/2016 12:58 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Bastette wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

Buffy gets that way on occasion when she's had a case of the zoomies.
Those little claws are like needles (which I can't seem to keep under
control). Yes, cats can be a tad scary. They think they're playing and
having a big time but they don't realize OUCH! That hurts!

And yet, some people seem to think they're perfectly safe with their pet
mountain lion or leopard.

Those people are crazy (and also likely outside the law in having such
"pets").

And let's just say, for the sake of argument, that someone's pet mountain
lion really is tame and a total sweetheart. They could still kill the person
just by playing with them! Or one day they get in a bad mood and swat at
their human (the way domestic cats do from time to time), except that this
swat removes a big chunk of skin.

Not to mention the fact that it's cruel to confine a wild animal to a house.